Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 118 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 29th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #1756
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4times View Post
Interesting Read

Roundtable: Taking stock of Serena Williams on her 30th birthday
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...l?sct=tn_wr_a1
Interesting reading, but of course some seem biased because they are living on their articles and so they praise today's tennis to keep readers interested, or time make you forget some fear factor or the atmosphere of past champions' time, or they are American and of course, no foreigner can be better than an American (sorry American pals!, I love USA but some are chauvinists aren't they?). In any case, I still feel amazed how much people and supposedly tennis expert praise today's power on serve, for instance, apparently assuming than a Graf or Navratilova, in their prime, couldn't have hit as hard had they had the racket technology now available. Why shouldn't they? They hit so hard and accurate with older rackets, why should they do it worse than Serena using the same tools? And I cannot believe a tennis commentator can say Serena's serve is the best stroke ever? Anyone can have his opinion, but Graf's forehand is widely regarded as THE shot.
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 29th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #1757
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute

I don't necessarily hear that Serena's serve is the best shot as much as I hear several commentators (including players from the past) say that her serve is the best women's serve of all time. I'm inclined to agree with that statement.
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 10:04 AM   #1758
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

Few other pics from yesterday.
http://pluzmedia.com/galleries/sport...ce=twitterfeed
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #1759
country flag 4times

4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
^That does say, thank god she doesn't have a sister ?
LOL
4times is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 10:41 PM   #1760
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Video of Steffi opening a tea lounge in Berlin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAWqnB6YEGc
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 12:36 AM   #1761
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4times View Post
Interesting Read

Roundtable: Taking stock of Serena Williams on her 30th birthday
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...l?sct=tn_wr_a1
Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
Yes interesting, thanks for the link.
So at the question "Is Serena Williams the best women's player of all time?", none of them answered yes (but she's still playing ), not even Jon Wertheim who 1year ago claimed she was the best ever again
Why are you talking about Serena Williams in a "Steffi Graf Admiration Thread"?
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 03:39 PM   #1762
country flag MistyGrey

MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute MistyGrey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Why are you talking about Serena Williams in a "Steffi Graf Admiration Thread"?
Most of us dont post in other thread/forums. We saw this nice article about Serena's legacy, where the journalists were almost unanimous that Steffi is No. 1 in the GOAT discussion. There are bound to be some opinions about others in the discussion. So chill, dont be so bitter.

And more importantly...why are you lurking in the Steffi Graf thread???
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 04:32 PM   #1763
country flag grafan92

grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold

http://www.prmaximus.de/25574
grafan92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 01:38 PM   #1764
country flag steffiandbibi

steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all

For another time, Sam tells the journalist it was Steffi inspired her when she was young.
http://video.sina.com.cn/p/sports/t/...761503943.html at round 04:00

周笔笔 但愿你的眼睛,只看得见笑容,但愿你流下每一滴泪,都让人感动
steffiandbibi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 07:14 PM   #1765
country flag XTN

XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light

I think it would be interesting to watch a match between Stosur and Steffi (tour-level, not now of course). Should be interesting to watch forehand rallies between the two.

Makes me wonder, which of the players now at their current level would you have been interested to see play against a tour-level Steffi? I think it would be interesting to watch Graf play against Schiavone. Schiavone, when playing close to or at her best, sort of reminds me of Sabatini in that both are athletic, play with a lot of topspin on both wings, have variety in their games, and create opportunities to approach the net when they can. I think a top-level Schiavone would have really entertaining matches against a tour-level Graf.
XTN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2011, 02:11 AM   #1766
country flag justineheninfan

justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute justineheninfan has a reputation beyond repute

Schiavone does play sort of similar to Sabatini but just at a much lower level. I cant see Steffi having any trouble with her. Even if her game style is suited to playing Steffi, she just isnt good enough.
justineheninfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2011, 07:18 PM   #1767
country flag XTN

XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by justineheninfan View Post
Schiavone does play sort of similar to Sabatini but just at a much lower level. I cant see Steffi having any trouble with her. Even if her game style is suited to playing Steffi, she just isnt good enough.
I'm pretty sure that Steffi, especially if she is playing close to or at her best, will get past Schiavone (although an error-prone Graf like the one who lost to Coetzer or ASV would find it a tougher challenge) but I think a match-up between the two would still be entertaining to watch.

I wonder what a Graf-Sharapova match would turn out like. It could end up being like Graf-Davenport, which was a really good match-up, or it could end up like Graf-Pierce, which was usually a one-sided affair, depending on which athlete was playing well on the day. (Of all the matches I recall Steffi and Mary playing, I don't think the loser ever won more than 7 games the entire match.)
XTN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #1768
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Steffi Graf selected as the best female German athelete of all time and Schumacher the best male athelete of all time. Not surprised by the results though.

http://www.focus.de/sport/mehrsport/...id_671947.html
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2011, 09:01 PM   #1769
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef-fan View Post
Steffi Graf selected as the best female German athelete of all time and Schumacher the best male athelete of all time. Not surprised by the results though.

http://www.focus.de/sport/mehrsport/...id_671947.html
Not surprising but still good to read

Oh and I so much dislike M Shcumacher, but who cares.
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 05:59 PM   #1770
country flag kati830728

kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice

Does someone has the whole coverage of andre´s Hall of Fame induction?
Didn´t he gave Steffi a ring there too?
kati830728 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote