Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 117 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Sep 11th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #1741
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Do you care of this fantasy us open poll?
http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...justine-henin/

if yes,vote now,just one day left to vote.
"She's one of the greatest players, may be even greatest" - Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" - Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" - Billie Jean King
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #1742
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

http://www.abendblatt.de/kultur-live...effi-Graf.html
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 02:04 PM   #1743
country flag R-K-M

Richard Williams,father of Williams sisters on Steffi&Martina:
http://www.insidetennis.com/2011/09/thought-die/

IT: You’ve seen Steffi Graf. You’ve seen Martina Navratilova. Who is the best between Serena, Steffi and Martina?

RW: Serena, right now, is not in their league, in my opinion. I’ve heard a lot of people say that she is, but she’s not in their league right now. When you look at Steffi and Martina, they’re not playing now. If Serena were playing in their era, they probably would beat her. Whether they beat her or not, she’s not in their league right now — not at all. I’m not saying they’re wrong. That’s just my opinion.

IT: You don’t think her serve or her speed would be better?

RW: Graf has proven what she can do. Serena’s still trying. I can’t take nothing from Steffi Graf, and I can’t take nothing from Martina Navratilova. They were so great.
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 06:20 PM   #1744
country flag kati830728

kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice

Pictures from the Legends Ball that Andre and Stefanie attended a couple of days ago.
http://2011legendsball.shutterfly.com/758
kati830728 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #1745
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kati830728 View Post
Pictures from the Legends Ball that Andre and Stefanie attended a couple of days ago.
http://2011legendsball.shutterfly.com/758
Thank You for the wonderful pictures. All of them look great.
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #1746
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
Do you care of this fantasy us open poll?
http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...justine-henin/

if yes,vote now,just one day left to vote.
She won http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...tml?ref=tennis.

Thanks for the latest links
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2011, 08:50 PM   #1747
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
Good news
Old Sep 14th, 2011, 12:05 AM   #1748
country flag jjg

jjg is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.ubitennis.com/sport/tenni...e_casque.shtml

another nice pic at the bottom from the hall of fame ball
jjg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15th, 2011, 07:33 AM   #1749
country flag R-K-M

"She's one of the greatest players, may be even greatest" - Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" - Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" - Billie Jean King
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 08:03 AM   #1750
country flag 4times

4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice 4times is just really nice

Interesting Read

Roundtable: Taking stock of Serena Williams on her 30th birthday
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...l?sct=tn_wr_a1
4times is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 06:48 PM   #1751
country flag djul14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4times View Post
Interesting Read

Roundtable: Taking stock of Serena Williams on her 30th birthday
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...l?sct=tn_wr_a1
Yes interesting, thanks for the link.
So at the question "Is Serena Williams the best women's player of all time?", none of them answered yes (but she's still playing ), not even Jon Wertheim who 1year ago claimed she was the best ever again
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #1752
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
Yes interesting, thanks for the link.
So at the question "Is Serena Williams the best women's player of all time?", none of them answered yes (but she's still playing ), not even Jon Wertheim who 1year ago claimed she was the best ever again
Guess, he figured out he is in the minority He made the claim last year and guess he was hoping Serena would win at least 2-3 of the 5 GS since then. Doing that was not only premature but overnethusiastic since you can never predict the future.
Here is a statistic that I came across recently and pleasantly surprised, both Serena and Venus combined GS finals, win - loss ratio: 20-11, a total of 31 GS final appearances in Singles which Steffi did all on her own (exactly the same number of GS final appearances to date) and Steffi had a better winning record than both sisters combined at 22-9, sure that does say something.
Old Sep 28th, 2011, 08:39 PM   #1753
country flag djul14

^That does say, thank god she doesn't have a sister ?
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 12:54 AM   #1754
country flag Stef-fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
^That does say, thank god she doesn't have a sister ?

That was simply terrific, made my day for sure.
Old Sep 29th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #1755
country flag Stef-fan

Some great pictures from the Berlin Tea event.

http://www.purepeople.com/article/st...e-the_a88267/1