Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 113 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Aug 8th, 2011, 08:24 PM   #1681
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Oh, that's nice, wish I could get a lesson from these two, especially on forehands jajaja. Didn't know they were so close to MaliVai, could someone tell me the whole story? BTW, and again completely off topic, I've been wondering, for no particular reason, the same about people like Evert, Martina or Mónica, so does anyone know about what are Steffi's beliefs, I mean, about religion? Does anyone know?
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 8th, 2011, 11:57 PM   #1682
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabybackhand View Post
Oh, that's nice, wish I could get a lesson from these two, especially on forehands jajaja. Didn't know they were so close to MaliVai, could someone tell me the whole story? BTW, and again completely off topic, I've been wondering, for no particular reason, the same about people like Evert, Martina or Mónica, so does anyone know about what are Steffi's beliefs, I mean, about religion? Does anyone know?
Agassi is close to lot of male tennis players and so Steffi as well (recently seen Andy Roddick refer to Steffi as 'Stef' which was pleasantly surprising), I just saw a recorded message of Agassi posted by MWKF, don't know the back story behind their friendship but MW has been helping kids for a long time just like Andre and know that Steffi and Andre have been strong supporters of his effort.
Peter Bodo did a tennis magazine interview after her retirement and asked her religious beliefs, believe she said that she does beleive in God and prays every night but lost faith in the religious system as she went to see the Pope as a teenager and people meeting Pope were divided into separate groups and placed in different rooms and later, she learnt that the groups were divided based on donation given to the church and the time each group got to spend with the Pope depended on the donation (something like that, don't remember the exact wording though).
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 07:28 AM   #1683
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef-fan View Post
Agassi is close to lot of male tennis players and so Steffi as well (recently seen Andy Roddick refer to Steffi as 'Stef' which was pleasantly surprising), I just saw a recorded message of Agassi posted by MWKF, don't know the back story behind their friendship but MW has been helping kids for a long time just like Andre and know that Steffi and Andre have been strong supporters of his effort.
Peter Bodo did a tennis magazine interview after her retirement and asked her religious beliefs, believe she said that she does beleive in God and prays every night but lost faith in the religious system as she went to see the Pope as a teenager and people meeting Pope were divided into separate groups and placed in different rooms and later, she learnt that the groups were divided based on donation given to the church and the time each group got to spend with the Pope depended on the donation (something like that, don't remember the exact wording though).
yes,she does believe in God and prays every night.But she doesn't like show meetings that praying without heart and as a prayer reader.

Read the actual text here:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=1187
"She's one of the greatest players, maybe even greatest" : Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" : Billie Jean King
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 09:23 PM   #1684
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
yes,she does believe in God and prays every night.But she doesn't like show meetings that praying without heart and as a prayer reader.

Read the actual text here:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=1187
Thanks for posting the source again!

Being a catholic myself, I can understand Steffi's disappointment and her decision very well. Me too often am wondering whether or not the attitudes and actions of the catholic clergy can still be considered as Christianity.

Not long ago we had a huge public scandal here concerning sexual abuse of institutionalized children in catholic orphanages. I don't know what is more disgusting, the incidents of abuse or the fact that the clergy tried to deny everything.
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 12:31 AM   #1685
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Look who makes it to the top 10 list for best one liners. Ironically, witty was the last word used to describe her and she dispelled the myth with just one line. This was even voted as the best comedic moment at Wimbledon this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j-pd2XCY8M
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 01:25 AM   #1686
country flag tennisfan2808

tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all

Quote:
Look who makes it to the top 10 list for best one liners. Ironically, witty was the last word used to describe her and she dispelled the myth with just one line. This was even voted as the best comedic moment at Wimbledon this year.

*thumbs up*
tennisfan2808 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 11:58 AM   #1687
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Quote:

The bast part of the answer she gaves to this man, was the context back then, the taxes affair and this answer
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 04:14 PM   #1688
country flag steffiandbibi

steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all

will steffi and andre show up more often during USO than previous years? Since they are kind of USTC promotion endorsers this year.

周笔笔 但愿你的眼睛,只看得见笑容,但愿你流下每一滴泪,都让人感动
steffiandbibi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 07:02 PM   #1689
country flag Stef-fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
The best part of the answer she gaves to this man, was the context back then, the taxes affair and this answer
Right, makes it even more endearing that she didn't hold back despite all that. Remember, reading a London news article from that time and the writer commenting on the same but in a negative way and saying may be she will need all the money to pay for the lawyers fee and to free her father.
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 11:04 AM   #1690
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

anybody have the info what placed inside of the cover?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg radiotimes2003.jpg (59.2 KB, 6 views)
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #1691
country flag Stef-fan

12 yrs since Steffi retired from tennis.
Like everything else, she knew when to retire.
As a tennis fan, miss her on court but as Steffi's fan, extremely happy for her and just want her to enjoy her life to the fullest as a mother/wife/daughter/sister just like every one else.
Old Aug 13th, 2011, 03:12 PM   #1692
country flag R-K-M

Quote:
12 yrs since Steffi retired from tennis.
Like everything else, she knew when to retire.
As a tennis fan, miss her on court but as Steffi's fan, extremely happy for her and just want her to enjoy her life to the fullest as a mother/wife/daughter/sister just like every one else.
+1

She had ability and in form to win some more slams at that time,but our player doesn't play for records anywhere in her career.

I read so many other player fans also agree the difference b/w the tennis before and after her retirement.

But she found next steps in life. Marriage,Children,Charity works...etc!

She's not only an inspiration,but also a wife,a mother,a kind person and more.
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #1693
country flag R-K-M

Very nice Barilla ad with Steffi which made in 2004.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WERkfBB4UG8

Do you think the last menu "Barilla" had written by really Steffi's hand writing?
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 02:07 PM   #1694
country flag R-K-M

Calimero(Max, a Steffi fanatic) posted this text yesterday on a Google group:
Quote:
Steffi Graf retired 12 years ago (1999).
And the Berlin Wall was built 50 years ago (1961).
what a coincidence?
Old Aug 14th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #1695
country flag XTN

XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light XTN is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
Very nice Barilla ad with Steffi which made in 2004.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WERkfBB4UG8

Do you think the last menu "Barilla" had written by really Steffi's hand writing?
First time I've seen this Barilla ad. Steffi looks beautiful here! Not sure though if that really is her handwriting.
XTN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote