Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 108 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2011, 05:03 PM   #1606
country flag steffiandbibi

steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan2808 View Post
there was actually a video of the speech by Stef posted on youtube, but it's no longer available!!! how sad
yeah, too sad, rarely seen her have a speeach, not to mention as a introducer

anyway, thanks for the article, that's also great.

周笔笔 但愿你的眼睛,只看得见笑容,但愿你流下每一滴泪,都让人感动
steffiandbibi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2011, 09:01 PM   #1607
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

The International Tennis Hall of Fame has it's own Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tennisfamer

Maybe, someday, we will find Steffi's speech there. Hopefully.
Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 04:19 PM   #1608
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Tweeted by Chrsitopher Clarey:

#Lisicki says she had dinner at house of Steffi Graf & Andre Agassi in Las Vegas, proud to be 1st German women's sf since Graf at #wimbledon
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2011, 02:52 PM   #1609
country flag tennisfan2808

tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seleção82 View Post
The International Tennis Hall of Fame has it's own Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/tennisfamer

Maybe, someday, we will find Steffi's speech there. Hopefully.
I just commented on their channel - asking them if they could upload that speech...;p
tennisfan2808 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 11:40 PM   #1610
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

A sad story of how a project of "Steffi Graf's statue" never got materialized and how the original idea was just left to a snap shot. The painting looks great, hope it still can be done one day.
http://lebende-bilder.blogspot.com/2...effi-graf.html
Old Jul 4th, 2011, 04:42 PM   #1611
Steffistian

Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice

There was any better book than "Steffi-public power,private pain" in 1995-96 time?
Steffistian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 01:36 AM   #1612
country flag Stef-fan

Found this great write-up about Steffi on a personal blog, couldn't agree more.

"Her art (she was often referred to as a ballerina on court) was tennis. I never aspired to be a tennis player. Among the many sports which I’m terrible at, tennis would rank right up there with beach volleyball as a sport where I’ve been at the venue and held the equipment, but never attempted to play (I’ve been on tennis courts and beaches and I’ve held a tennis racquet and a volleyball!!). But my love and respect and admiration for Steffi went beyond her game. I admired her as a person.

While in college, my best and I would have long discussions about how artists, their work and their personal lives, should be kept separate. How its only their art and the pleasure and satisfaction you derive from it that matters. We were very philosophical about it all. But the fact remains that some people go beyond your self-created barrier around their art and suck you into their personal world of perfection in such an astonishing way that you don’t resist. You don’t want to resist. You revel in the idea that perfection like that exists. That there are humans who’re brilliant at what they do, geniuses even, and are also good people. Call it pessimism or cynicism about the world we live in, but this perfection belongs to a rare species. They don’t come around too easy. Steffi Graf is one such specimen (I use the word with utmost reverence)".

http://transiberian.wordpress.com/20...or-two-part-3/
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 11:33 AM   #1613

tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef-fan View Post
A sad story of how a project of "Steffi Graf's statue" never got materialized and how the original idea was just left to a snap shot. The painting looks great, hope it still can be done one day.
http://lebende-bilder.blogspot.com/2...effi-graf.html
how sad i didnt know that German Open didnt make money and the stadium will be demolished
Old Jul 8th, 2011, 11:37 AM   #1614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffistian View Post
There was any better book than "Steffi-public power,private pain" in 1995-96 time?
As far as i know, the English versions of a Steffi Graf book other than what u mentioned (which I dont like at all! the author is bad!) are only those for kids.
German versions there are a few, but they are more pictorials. Lots of pictures, very little story.
I have a couple of them. One is by Doris Henkel (1992).
Old Jul 9th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #1615
country flag grafan92

grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold grafan92 is a splendid one to behold

Hi, is anyone getting live coverage of the Induction?
grafan92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2011, 09:55 AM   #1616
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

http://terratv.terra.com.br/videos/E...a-do-tenis.htm
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 10:29 AM   #1617
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrHR8E8xJHs
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 12:14 PM   #1618
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

Thanks for the links, I have to admit that I totally forgot the HoF induction was on saturday. Thank you Internet lol
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #1619
country flag kati830728

kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice kati830728 is just really nice

Hi,does someone has a video of Steffi and the kids during Andre´s introduction?
kati830728 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12th, 2011, 10:32 AM   #1620
Steffistian

Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice Steffistian is just really nice

Does it a pic of Steffi?
Steffistian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote