Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 104 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 11th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #1546
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffistian View Post
Hi everybody,
This is my first post on the thread and just posted my previous 6 posts on Wimbledon thread.
Welcome here
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 12th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #1547
country flag tennisfan2808

tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffistian View Post
Hi everybody,
This is my first post on the thread and just posted my previous 6 posts on Wimbledon thread.
Welcome!!!!! cool nick name, never thot of that!
tennisfan2808 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 09:58 PM   #1548
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute

I was watching some of the Murray/Roddick match, and the camera panned the crowd for a second. I thought I saw Andre Agassi sitting there. Anyone know where they've been at Queen's Club this week?
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 10:50 PM   #1549
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

^^ no idea sorry.
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 12:14 AM   #1550
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Agassi is in Vegas, his 3 rd senior class graduated yesterday with BJK doing the commencement address, doubt he had time to stop at Queen's en route from Prague.
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 02:44 AM   #1551
country flag Grafbestever

Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light

Steffi Graf is by far the best female player in history on all surfaces. Not just overall but on every surface.

Clay- Yeah Chris has a better resume but Graf or Seles would spank Chris on clay even in her prime. Graf and Seles played in by far the best and deepest clay court field ever. The field on clay when Evert dominated in the 70s was an epic joke, Sue Barker, Virginia Ruzica, Mimi Jaousevec, please.

Grass- Graf proved she was superior to Navratilova by going 2-1 vs her in Wimbledon finals. And would have broken her record if her knees didnt blow up.

Hard Courts- This is undisputable with Graf holding more hard court slams than anyone else.
Grafbestever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 07:55 AM   #1552
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grafbestever View Post
...Clay- Yeah Chris has a better resume but Graf or Seles would spank Chris on clay even in her prime. Graf and Seles played in by far the best and deepest clay court field ever. The field on clay when Evert dominated in the 70s was an epic joke, Sue Barker, Virginia Ruzica, Mimi Jaousevec, please.
Let's give Evonne Goolagong, Wendy Turnbull and several other good players their due (throw Martina and Billie Jean in there for good measure). Margaret Court defeated Chris Evert at Roland Garros in what is widely regarded as one of the best matches of the 1973 season of majors. The U.S. Open was played on American green clay for a few years before the flush from West Side to the swamps in Queens. Personally, I think green clay is the worst surface for tennis, with Rebound Ace a close second. Anyone know Graf's record on the American green clay?
Old Jun 13th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #1553
country flag Grafbestever

Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light Grafbestever is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajeffster View Post
Let's give Evonne Goolagong, Wendy Turnbull and several other good players their due (throw Martina and Billie Jean in there for good measure). Margaret Court defeated Chris Evert at Roland Garros in what is widely regarded as one of the best matches of the 1973 season of majors. The U.S. Open was played on American green clay for a few years before the flush from West Side to the swamps in Queens. Personally, I think green clay is the worst surface for tennis, with Rebound Ace a close second. Anyone know Graf's record on the American green clay?
Goolagong was a pretty good clay courter, but that was the only tough opponent Evert faced on clay until Navratilova (and to a lesser degree Mandlikova). Turnbull? If that is the 3rd best clay courter of the time that tells us enough really.

1973 was pretty much the end of Court, although she returned to play some part tennis at the advanced ae of 33 in 1975. Martina wasnt a good clay courter at all in the 70s and barely played on it then anyway. She made a French Open final in 75 I know but that is only because she and Chris were two of the only ones of any note to even show up, Julie Heldman was the 3rd seed that year. After 1975 Martina didnt play at the French again until 1981 and proceeded to be spanked by the great Sylvia Hanika. Starting in 1982 a new Martina emerged and Martina became a big force on clay for most of the 80s, and that is the first point Evert started having any real competition on clay.

The 90s had Graf, Seles, Sanchez Vicario, Sabatini, Martinez, Pierce, Hingis, as the main threats on clay and behind those people like Fernandez, Zvereva, Majoli, Davenport, Huber, Novotna, Coetzer, Schnyder, as challengers on it as well. By far the deepest clay court era ever.
Grafbestever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 01:44 AM   #1554
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbidangle View Post
OK, so some details...
Went to Halle on Saturday with my friend who is not much of a womens tennis fan. He joined me just cause he wanted to see Steffi play, but on the train I kept on telling him how great Steffi was By the time we got there, he was totally sick and tired of me and my fanboy antics. There was an old lady on the train sitting in front of us and she could hear us talking about tennis and Steffi. At one point, my friend told me there was no huge superstar in womens tennis like a Federer or a Nadal.. and that lady turned and said 'ohh today you will see how big of a star is Steffi Graf'. Luved it!

Got to the stadium, and the first thing i noticed was the giant poster at the entrance.. (the one djul posted) And I had the same exact sentiments.. 'Steffi Graf.... and some other not so important ppl' Just wandered around the stadium. Saw Hewitt,Troicki, Aisam Qureshi and Goerges near the players hotel. Saw some quali matches.. Muster was a lot of fun. Saw Heidi Graf going towards the players area, got all excited and told my friend 'oohhhh there is Heidi' and he was like... 'whos that' I rolled my eyes and told him 'Steffi's mom' . He gave me that 'you really need to get a life' look. Before the match, Leconte made an appearance for the public. He was really funny on the stage. Signed a lot of autographs afterwards.

Waited outside the players area for a loong time ,waiting for Steffi, but then a security gaurd told us she had already left for the stadium. Decided to go in. Was disappointed with my seats. I knew our seats wud be crappy, but didnt expect them to be THAT crappy! but still, I was all excited... Afterall, I was gonna watch STEFFI!
Players started arriving, first up was Henri Leconte.. He went straight up to Heidi for a kiss. After him it was Goerges' turn and then Kafelnikov. Then I saw a blonde woman in awesome shape slowly appear on the entrance gate. My friend asked me if it was Steffi Graf. We cudnt properly tell from our seats, but I told him, looks like her, but cant be, I mean Steffi never wears pink! SO we assumed it was some tour official or sumthing. I leaned forward to see where Steffi was, and thats when I realised.. That woman in pink WAS infact Steffi Graf! goose bumps!

Then the highlight of the evening... Steffi's name was announced, they introduced her as (one of) the greatest female tennis player(s) , the greatest female german sports star etc etc. When she finally stepped on the court, there was a loud cheer followed by a standing ovation with Tina Turner's "simply the best" playing in the background. It was AMAZING! 12000 ppl on their feet, clapping in unison... that lasted for almost 5 minutes. Steffi was clearly moved. She acknowledged the crowed, but the applause kept going on and on! gave me goose bumps.. finally the applause finished and we sat down. I turned to my friend and before i cud say anything, he said 'WOW, that was something'. He was all emotional and excited. It was that good an applause. He had goose bumps too!
The match was fun. Leconte was the main entertainer, joking through out. Everyone laughed with him. Steffi was really nice. She smiled through out. Played pretty well.. her forehand was awesome. Looked stronger than Goerges' and Leconte's. Hit some great forehand winners. Served well too. I remember atleast 3 aces, 2 against Kaflenikov..
At one point a bug crawled on the court. Steffi and Henri put in quite an effort to get it out of the court safely. But just when they thought it had gone, the bug appeared again. The laughed and then decide to let it stay there. Henri bowed to Steffi, everytime she hit a forehand winner. Overall Steffi played quite well. They won the third set tie break 11-9.
After the match, we moved down from our seats and took some slightly better seats. I wanted to take an autograph so decided to go out early so we cud catch Steffi leaving the stadium. Turned out, everyone wanted an autograph and by the time I got to the stadium exit, there was a loooooong queue! Waited for about 15 minutes, then finally Steffi appeared. I was quite far back in the queue so cudnt really reach her, or see her properly... Got me pissed! Also, my friend was like 'its just an autograph, chill... just stay here and maybe you will get it, if u dont.. watever'
I tried to be all civil. But then I was like, screw it... this maybe my last chance to really meet Steffi upclose, so I kinda pushed my way through the queue
Found a spot which was much closer to the players, quickly went there and started hoping for Steffi to come there. My friend stayed back. At that point I didnt care , infact I had almost forgotten abt him! So, after a few minutes (and a lot of yelling) Steffi finally came towards the place where I was standing, my heart skipped a beat! and thats when i realized, I didnt have a pen, or a paper for that matter I was like 'F***!!!!' and just then a couple of women pushed their way infront of me... UGH.. I checked my pocket and luckily found my ticket in there... Saw Steffi holding a pen, so I was like.. OK dont need a pen and paper, now if only i cud get to the front... The women in front of me managed to get Steffi's autograph and were decent enough to leave the queue after that. It was now or never..
I pushed ppl.. prolly some kids too and finally landed infront of everyone! YAY... and there was Steffi... right infront of me... I tried to take a pic... but cudnt focus... then just tried to hand my ticket to Steffi... She finally took it.. While she was signing it, I said all kinds of things ..like " I am a HUGE fan, Womens tennis is not the same without you, We miss you etc etc etc... hahaha... I dont even remember! Steffi smiled and said thank you. She must've thought I was some idiot! Then she signed some more autographs and before leaving she wanted to return the pen she had in her hand.. she just looked at me and said 'stift?' (pen?) I was over the moon! Told her it wasnt mine. She gave it back to the person whos pen it was and left.. I left the queue, totally thrilled! Saw my friend standing at the back, waiting for me... As i approached him, he showed me his ticket.. turns out, when I left my original spot in the queue, a lot of other ppl left as well... and my friend went ahead and got an autograph. Damn! I am so glad I got the autograph, otherwise, if I had returned empty handed, to watch my friend with an autograph...wudve been UGLY!
Overall an AWESOME experience.
Awsome! Really nice reading about your close up with Steffi, I envy you; I do understand your feelings as I had my own with Gabriela and it was INCREDIBLE, I told everything about it on the Sabatini's thread some years ago if you might want to check, around page 44 or 45. Happy 4U.
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 02:21 AM   #1555
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

Andre on Stefanie:

IT: Without revealing too much, can you talk to us about how your relationship with Stefanie has evolved and grown. Could you ever imagine it would be this good?

AA: How much time do you have? How much space can I take. To be able to say that the greatest person I have ever known is also my wife and the mother of my children makes me incredibly grateful.

http://www.insidetennis.com/2011/06/...e-world-place/
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 04:36 AM   #1556
country flag Steff_forever
GIMME SHELTER

Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute Steff_forever has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

ALLES LIEBE UND GUTE ZUM GEBURTSTAG STEFFI !!!

!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!

Angelique Kerber | Ana Ivanovic | Annika Beck

forgive, you will never reach the level of my loyalty for the best that has ever played:
__Steffi forever__

Steff_forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #1557
country flag steffiandbibi

steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all

happy birthday, steffi!

周笔笔 但愿你的眼睛,只看得见笑容,但愿你流下每一滴泪,都让人感动
steffiandbibi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 06:47 PM   #1558
country flag djul14

Oh yes, Happy Birthday !!
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 07:42 PM   #1559
country flag Seleção82

Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of Seleção82 has much to be proud of

HERZLICHEN GLÜCKWUNSCH
ZUM GEBURTSTAG!!

Seleção82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #1560
country flag djul14

The last picture