Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - Page 100 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 24th, 2011, 03:02 PM   #1486
country flag steffiandbibi

steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

thanks for the translation!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan2808 View Post
Sorry, didnt manage to capture that "We miss you Steffi" banner during the Stosur-Benesova match. They didnt show the rerun of that match today
there are some people who saw that as well (but still no pic). this is one of them: http://www.tennisr.com/talk/we-miss-...11-129605.html
this is good too

周笔笔 但愿你的眼睛,只看得见笑容,但愿你流下每一滴泪,都让人感动
steffiandbibi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2011, 06:48 PM   #1487
country flag Steffi-fan

Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light

Wow ,Steffi (still) wakes with tennis.Read her recent update on her facebook.

Did you know what's the real reason for the delay of their marriage(actually they may get married in 2000)? the answer is "watching tennis on TV too much".
Steffi-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2011, 01:44 PM   #1488
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

For what match Kristin Carroll is talking?
http://fallenleafs.tumblr.com/post/5...raf-becomes-my
"She's one of the greatest players, maybe even greatest" : Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" : Billie Jean King
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 08:33 AM   #1489
country flag tennisfan2808

tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-K-M View Post
For what match Kristin Carroll is talking?
http://fallenleafs.tumblr.com/post/5...raf-becomes-my
If she was referring to the match where Stef responded to a fan asking will u marry me -it was against Kimiko Date at Wimbly 96 SF.
I believe this happened in the 2nd set? (Stef won 62 26 63)
But Date was NOT a low-ranked opponent! She was between no 4-6 that year.
tennisfan2808 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2011, 01:03 PM   #1490
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan2808 View Post
If she was referring to the match where Stef responded to a fan asking will u marry me -it was against Kimiko Date at Wimbly 96 SF.
I believe this happened in the 2nd set? (Stef won 62 26 63)
But Date was NOT a low-ranked opponent! She was between no 4-6 that year.
i too guess that,but the post sounds like she lost in the match.May be it was 1994 1st round match? Steffi played in shivering for the bitterly cold weather at whole the match.
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" : Martina Navratilova
Old May 27th, 2011, 05:31 PM   #1491
country flag AndreAfriend

AndreAfriend is just really nice AndreAfriend is just really nice AndreAfriend is just really nice AndreAfriend is just really nice AndreAfriend is just really nice AndreAfriend is just really nice AndreAfriend is just really nice AndreAfriend is just really nice AndreAfriend is just really nice AndreAfriend is just really nice AndreAfriend is just really nice

so many polls are finished before we participate,
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p...lete-ever.aspx
AndreAfriend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 07:12 AM   #1492
country flag steffiandbibi

steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all

Quote:
i too guess that,but the post sounds like she lost in the match.May be it was 1994 1st round match? Steffi played in shivering for the bitterly cold weather at whole the match.
Definitly 1996 winbledon semifinal Steffi-Date match

may be some of you guys already heard about this:
in the latest(ep616) and a few more episoeds in the future of the japanese cartoon, The Detective Conan, the producer copied some sceens and Steffi's look from the 1996 Steffi-Date match.

See the hair, the hair band, the ear ring:

周笔笔 但愿你的眼睛,只看得见笑容,但愿你流下每一滴泪,都让人感动
steffiandbibi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 08:12 AM   #1493
country flag R-K-M

thanks for the pic steffiandbibi.
and a question about similar topic.Germans can answer this.It is that a children cartoon story named "Heidi" telecast in our native language on a local TV channel. I'm pretty sure it was a show from Germany and the girl's name Heidi and her friend's name Peter. I think the names in the program made in favor of Steffi's parents. Yes or No?
Old May 29th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #1494
country flag irma

irma has disabled reputation

Quote:
thanks for the pic steffiandbibi.
and a question about similar topic.Germans can answer this.It is that a children cartoon story named "Heidi" telecast in our native language on a local TV channel. I'm pretty sure it was a show from Germany and the girl's name Heidi and her friend's name Peter. I think the names in the program made in favor of Steffi's parents. Yes or No?
Heidi is a book written in the 19th century. It's about a girl who lives with her grandpa in the mountains but is forced to live in the city because she needs education. Her best friend in the mountains is Peter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi

It has nothing to do with Steffi.
To the river so deep
We all end in the ocean
We all start in the streams
We're all carried along
By the river of dreams
In the middle of the night
irma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 11:37 AM   #1495
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

LOL
I have the Heidi's DVD.
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 12:08 PM   #1496
country flag Steffi-fan

Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light Steffi-fan is a glorious beacon of light

Then and Now
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=19634560
Steffi-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 12:59 PM   #1497
country flag tennisfan2808

tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all tennisfan2808 is a name known to all

Quote:
It was definitely WImbly 96 SF - could even tell from the tennis attire and headband
tennisfan2808 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #1498
country flag R-K-M

Quote:
Originally Posted by irma View Post
Heidi is a book written in the 19th century. It's about a girl who lives with her grandpa in the mountains but is forced to live in the city because she needs education. Her best friend in the mountains is Peter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi

It has nothing to do with Steffi.
thankyou irma,what a coincidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
LOL
I have the Heidi's DVD.
I like Heidi very much.I know i couldn't find in my native language(Telugu),but what about English?

@tennisfan2808 ,steffiandbibi,

you are right,it was about 96 Wimbledon semi final.

Which channels telecast upcoming Steffi's exhibitions?
Old May 30th, 2011, 10:26 PM   #1499
country flag spiceboy

spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute spiceboy has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templ...12303&zoneid=6

Petkovic: Graf to attend a German Fed Cup tie

German Andrea Petkovic says that Hall of Famer Steffi Graf has told her that she’s going to attend on of Germany’s upcoming Fed Cup ties. Since retiring in 1999, 22-times Grand Slam champion Graf has rarely made appearances at pro tournaments. "The last time I talked to her was during Fed Cup. She called our Fed Cup captain, Barbara [Rittner], during the dinner before it started and wished us all good luck," said Petkovic, who reached her first Roland Garros quarterfinal with a three-set win over Maria Kirilenko. "She told us that she's going to come to one of the next Fed Cup ties, so I really hope I can see her again there. And maybe I'm planning on before the U.S. tour going to Las Vegas again [where Graf lives with her husband, Andre Agassi], so I should see her there."
spiceboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2011, 03:30 AM   #1500
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all

This is the actual interview from which the quote was taken from.

http://www.thesportscampus.com/20110...ndrea-petkovic
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote