Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 09:48 AM   #1
country flag bubble

bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold bubble is a splendid one to behold
Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

This is a great idea to start this topic...
I shall dedicate this thread to the player who made me notice tennis and follow it eversince I saw her play.....

Steffi Graf!
bubble is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 29th, 2010, 06:57 AM   #2
country flag Frode
HEADBANGER

Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute Frode has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

New volume

Volume 1
NINE INCH NAILS - HEINEKEN MUSIC HALL, AMSTERDAM - MAY 27
ZZ TOP - BERGENHUS FESTNING, BERGEN - JUNE 11
BLONDIE - BERGENHUS FESTNING, BERGEN - JUNE 12
ROBERT PLANT AND THE SENSATIONAL SHAPE SHIFTERS - BERGENHUS FESTNING, BERGEN - JUNE 12
MONTY PYTHON - O2 ARENA, LONDON - JULY 18
NEIL YOUNG & CRAZY HORSE - KOENGEN, BERGEN - AUGUST 1
Frode is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 07:23 AM   #3
country flag camilia

camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of

Thanks Frode
camilia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 11:18 AM   #4
country flag Oizo
Everything Fades Away

Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute Oizo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx Frode
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 12:13 PM   #5
country flag R-K-M

R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future R-K-M has a brilliant future

Thanks frode

"She's one of the greatest players, may be even greatest" - Richard Krajicek
"Steffi is the best all around player of all-time, regardless of surfaces" - Martina Navratilova
"Steffi is definitely the greatest singles player ever" - Billie Jean King

Last edited by R-K-M : Aug 1st, 2011 at 08:52 AM.
R-K-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #6
juliehardwick

juliehardwick has disabled reputation

Peoplesforum - huge number of people used it and nobody would give them money. They'd be saying they would go under if they couldn't get $200 and after three days they'd only have raised $23. It's the unusual internet problem of people not wanting to pay for something they think they should get for free. (Ask news websites about this..)

That's funny, Irma. I just dug out the google groups link and it reminded me of Max (Calimero!). What a Grafophile! And tireless poker of Seles fans. I think he was banned from the WTAworld boards for the latter, wasn't he?

Anyway for your entertainment, here's the link for the old google groups Graf board Amy Cottrell ran. It died off for some reason the last few years but if you scroll through the first five or six pages, you'll get to the part where it was still going - and there are many pages before that.... Amy used to repost a lot of old articles on the anniversary of an event (GS win for example) or some other point of interest, so there are lots of articles from long long ago too. I think some stuff has somehow been lost.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...start=600&sa=N
juliehardwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #7
country flag dscho99

dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliehardwick View Post
Peoplesforum - huge number of people used it and nobody would give them money. They'd be saying they would go under if they couldn't get $200 and after three days they'd only have raised $23. It's the unusual internet problem of people not wanting to pay for something they think they should get for free. (Ask news websites about this..)

That's funny, Irma. I just dug out the google groups link and it reminded me of Max (Calimero!). What a Grafophile! And tireless poker of Seles fans. I think he was banned from the WTAworld boards for the latter, wasn't he? ...

For poking (not stabbing!) Seles fans?
That is possible???
dscho99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 06:32 PM   #8
country flag dscho99

dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice dscho99 is just really nice

Why a "volume 2" thread?

I liked the old one!
dscho99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #9
country flag camilia

camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of camilia has much to be proud of

There's a certain amount of posts allowed in each thread, so you have volumes. The first volume is still there and you can go and read the posts, but you can't post

Last edited by camilia : Aug 30th, 2010 at 09:22 PM.
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 07:33 PM   #10
country flag bia

bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light bia is a glorious beacon of light

I tried to post in the old one, but I couldn't. I don't know if this is a good idea because if we don't post there anymore it will disappear soon. Unless we finally get a forum only for Steffi. What did Calimero do to get banned? I found his post on derkeiler, but I don't like that forum too much, it's all about insulting.
bia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2010, 02:20 PM   #11
country flag steffiandbibi

steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all

i am in page 1!

i think people can easily find Vol.1 through the link in the 2nd post.

Last edited by steffiandbibi : Jan 30th, 2010 at 02:27 PM.
steffiandbibi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2010, 02:22 PM   #12
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all

I want to be in page 1 too !
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2010, 02:52 PM   #13
country flag steffiandbibi

steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all steffiandbibi is a name known to all

i watched 1999 Winbledon semi-final again, after the AO final tonight. everytime watching a GS final let me miss steffi's match.

poems say "物是人非"(things remain, only people changes)and "自古名将如美人,不教人间见白头"(all heroes, the same as beauties, dont let people see their grey hair), thats just how i feel now.
steffiandbibi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #14
country flag camilia

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
I want to be in page 1 too !
But you are in page 1
Old Jan 30th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #15
juliehardwick

juliehardwick has disabled reputation

AO's ending, Olympics coming up, here's a funny link in a Lisa Dillman article about the gold medalist snowboarder, Shaun White, on snowboarding with Graf and Agassi:

"You know what, he's gonna hate me, but Steffi was almost better," White said. "She was good, man. She was good."
juliehardwick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote