2010 Dual Match Line-Ups - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Feb 1st, 2010, 02:04 PM   #16
country flag form

form has disabled reputation
Re: 2010 Dual Match Line-Ups

Add to watch list: UC Irvine

Impressive frosh Kristina Smith buried at 6 behind Becca Kwan at 5 who is incredibly inconsistent.

In fact mr. Gouci's latest target from LB, Julie Luzar, beat Kwan at BW Tourney or UCI might have finally won one.

Why does UCI not play Smith higher while than Kwan? Seeking a free point at 6?

Add UCI to your watch list.

Last edited by form : Feb 6th, 2010 at 04:21 AM. Reason: fairness to the player
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 1st, 2010, 05:08 PM   #17
country flag barboza

barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future barboza has a brilliant future

Fresno state ranked way too high
barboza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 07:30 PM   #18
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Add to watch list: UC Irvine

Impressive frosh Kristina Smith buried at 6 but constant loser Becca Kwan at 5.
Form you have a selective memory which seems to skew your recollection of things.

Ex. You remember Kwan losing to 2 star Kelsey Costales (who's now a 4 star) in a tournament and so you think of her as a constant loser. Well that loss happened at the Summer Circuit which doesn't count for anything! You can't even find that loss on Kwan's college record.

But Kwan's college record shows she's not a constant loser. Here are Kwan's big wins from last season.

UCI def. #51 FIU = Kwan def. Jones in 3
UCI def. #71 Cal Poly = Kwan def. Filip in 2
UCI def. #35 Sac. St. = Kwan def. Valenzuela in 3
UCI def. #59 St. Mary's = Kwan def. Calvo in 3
UCI vs #44 LBS Rd. 1 = Kwan def. Luzar in 3
UCI def. Nevada = Kwan def. Lombard in 2
UCI def. UCSB BWT = Kwan def. Onaga in 2

By my count Kwan pulled her weight in 6 of UCI's biggest wins last season.
Now why don't you list Luzar's big wins if she even has any outside of the Big West Tournament?

Quote:
In fact mr. Gouci's latest target from LB, Julie Luzar, beat Kwan at BW Tourney or UCI might have finally won one.
Since you bring it up let me give you my thoughts on this.

During the BWT since Luzar was LBS's worst doubles player she got to sit out all the doubles matches and not as a strategy. When Kwan and Luzar round 2 took place Kwan was more fatigued with the additional 3 doubles matches she had to play that weekend in the grueling 107 degree desert heat.

And don't even imply skipping doubles has no advantage. Hammel lost to Grady in straight sets the 1st time they played. But in round 2 when Hammel rested for Grady by sitting out the doubles vs LBS, Hammel almost upset Grady in 3 sets.

So considering Kwan and Luzar had a close 3 set match in Round 1 the fatigue factor may have allowed Luzar to beat Kwan in the 2nd set tie-breaker of Round 2. In their 1st meeting Kwan won that 2nd set tie-breaker and went on to win the 3rd set. In the end Luzar may have lucked into her only big win of the season because she was just so bad in doubles.

Last edited by gouci : Feb 6th, 2010 at 10:04 PM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2010, 12:44 AM   #19
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

I try to be objective.. but thanks

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2010, 10:32 PM   #20
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Line-up rules at the Indoors.

PHP Code:
LINE-UP RULES 

Three principles were used to arrive at the line
-up procedures listed below.  Firstthere should 
be some flexibility in the line
-up ruleSome coaches still have not set their line-ups and would 
like to rotate some players
.  Secondcoaches should not be able to rotate their line-up simply 
to 
“match-up” better against an opponent.  A coach should be rotating players only if he/she 
feels they are of equal ability and both deserve to play a certain position.  Thirdsince this is a 
National Championship tournament
the seeding and line-up rules should resemble a 
tournament of that caliber 
as closely as possible

Keeping these three principles in mindthe line-up rules are as follows

1. Master line-ups must be submitted on the ITA website no later than MondayFebruary 8th at 12 
Noon 
(Eastern time).  The direct link to the page is
http://www.itatennis.com/Events/ITANationalChampionships/DIWomensTeamIndoors.htm. 
2. Line-ups will be compiled and emailed to the 16 participating coaches at approximately 1pm on 
Monday
February 8th.   All line-up protests must be emailed to Jen Evans 
(jevans@itatennis.comby midnight that same day
3. The National Tournament Committee will have a conference call on TuesdayFebruary 9th to 
make 
final ruling on all protests.   
4. A singles player may move one position up or downbut not bothfrom the master line-up.  
ExampleYour #3 player can also play #2 or #4, but not both.  

5. A doubles team may move one position up or downbut not both.  For exampleyour #2 team 
can play #1 or #3, but not both.  

6. YOU MUST PLAY YOUR MASTER LINE-UP TWO OUT OF YOUR FIRST THREE MATCHES 
OF THE TOURNAMENT
AThe master line-up will be considered played if the line-up submitted before the match 
begins qualifies 
as a master line-up.  Once the match begins, if the line-up is changed 
due to injury
, default or if the doubles is changed because the match has been decided
the master line-up will still be considered played.  
BA submitted line-up will not be considered the master line-up if it was not originally the 
master line
-up but became that in the course of the match.  
CA submitted line-up qualifies as the master line-up as long as the players are in rank 
order in relationship to the original master line
-up.  For example, if the #3 singles player 
is held out of play, and everyone moves upthe line-up would be considered the master 
line
-up.  

7. THE ON-SITE GAMES COMMITTEE WILL HAVE FINAL LINE-UP APPROVAL IF AN 
OPPOSING COACH CHALLENGES A ROTATED LINE
-UP.  ExampleYou have a clear-cut #1 
or #6 player on your team. If you decide to rotate that position, and the opposing coach 
challenges itthe Games Committee will have the final say in setting the line-up.  Remember
You must have your dual match scorebook with you and all fall/winter individual results 
for each team member.  

8. ALTHOUGH ROTATING PLAYERS IS ALLOWEDNORMAL ITA LINE-UP RULES STILL 
APPLY
.  ReminderRule H.2."In singles, players must compete in order of ability, the best player 
on the team playing at the No.1 position, the second best at No. 2 and so on through all 
positions.  This rule shall also apply to doubles play with the strongest doubles team at No. 1, 
etc." 
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2010, 10:40 PM   #21
country flag johnnytennis

johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice johnnytennis is just really nice
Re: Shady Syracuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Syracuse def. Rutgers 7-0

1. Harman def. Zhang 6-2, 6-2
2. Parra def. Holzberg 6-1, 3-6, 6-2
3. Tan def. Arlak 6-1, 2-6, 10-2
4. Peters def. Mulchutsky 6-2, 6-1
5. #102 Kalhorn def. Michelle Green 6-2, 6-2
6. #74 Sardinha def. Slatnick 6-1, 6-1

For the 3rd straight match blue chippers Elenor Peters and #74 C.C. Sardinha have played #4 & #6 singles for Syracuse.
If Sardinha is really their #6 singles then Syracuse is a contender for the national title this year.

This shadiness coming from a coaching staff that likes to squat their school name on neglected top player profiles at TRN.
Gouci....You are right about this Syracuse program. They are the biggest joke when it comes to stacking the lineup. They played Eastern Michigan today and beat them 4-3. The coach for Eastern Michigan is filing a formal complaint protesting the match on Syracuse putting the best players at the bottom half of the lineup. For Syracuse, The top three players lost and bottom three won. Is Luke Jensen going to get called on the carpet for this? He should be! I guess it got real ugly!
http://www.emueagles.com/news/2010/2...205103721.aspx
johnnytennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #22
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation
Re: Shady Syracuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
If Sardinha is really their #6 singles then Syracuse is a contender for the national title this year.
Sounds fishy to me.

Sorry. Couldn't help myself.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2010, 08:32 AM   #23
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

This was quoted on zootennis:

“You’re supposed to place your players according to skill level with one being your highest ranked and six being your lowest ranked,” Ray explained. “They had their best player in the five position. This player had beaten two ranked opponents in the fall and established a national ranking for herself. She was not their fifth-best player.

Ray said he plans to appeal the decision and if overturned, the Eagles would claim a victory in the match.

Last edited by Embittered : Feb 7th, 2010 at 10:08 AM.
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8th, 2010, 03:49 AM   #24
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Oklahoma

Oklahoma upsets #30 Alabama 4-3

Doubles
1. McLane/Guarachi (BAMA) def. #39 Constantinescu/Tsertsvadze (OU), 8-3
2. Eckel/Kalashnikova (OU) def. Bigos/Foehse (BAMA), 8-1
3. Connelly/Huet (OU) def. Tunaru/Emery (BAMA), 8-3
Order of Finish: 2, 3, 1

Singles
1. Courtney McLane (BAMA) def. #56 Ana-Maria Constantinescu (OU), 6-3, 7-6(6)
2. #82 Alexa Guarachi (BAMA) def. Marie-Pier Huet (OU), 6-4, 6-2
3. Maria Kalashnikova (OU) def. Paulina Bigos (BAMA), 4-6, 6-1, 6-3
4. Meritt Emery (BAMA) def. Teona Tsertsvadze (OU), 6-2, 7-5
5. Kristina Radan (OU) def. Antonio Foehse (BAMA), 6-4, 7-5
6. Tara Eckel (OU) def. Alice Tunaru (BAMA), 6-4, 6-4
Order of Finish: 2, 4, 1, 6, 5, 3

Huet played mostly #4-6 singles last season but was planted at #2.

Kalashnikova played mostly at #2 singles last season but was planted at #3.

For some reason Alabama's junior Tiffany Welcher (#1 last year) and sophomore Taylor Lindsey (#5 last year) have been missing from the line-up.

Last edited by gouci : Feb 8th, 2010 at 06:00 AM.
Old Feb 8th, 2010, 06:26 PM   #25
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
'Almost' on the questionable line up list is UCLA women. They had an illegal multi-spot jump vs Tulsa when they dropped Johannson from 4 to 6 in just one match. You can't do that

After charting their first four matches, they are actually 'barely' legal except for that move.

After first two matches they had established the following order when adjusted for legal substitionss:
1) Schnack, 2) Remynse, 3) Hickey, 4) Johansson, 5) Hoffpauir, 6) Pantic, 7) Seguso, 8) Montez

Then they jumped Johansson behind (missing Hoffpauir) both Seguso and Pantic... you can't do that... match # 3

Now UCLA appears to be given their subsitution pattern from match to match:
1) Schnack, 2) Remynse, 3) Hickey, 4) Hoffpauir, 5) Pantic, 6) Seguso, 7) Johansson, 8) Montez
UCLA is sneaky because they have so many players that can actually compete at Division I, they are able to flip flop and disorient coaches from catching on. They were on my radar earlier but I'm glad someone actually figured them out
Old Feb 13th, 2010, 09:45 PM   #26
Tennisace

Although "legal" UCLA moves Remynse to No. 3 and Hickey to No. 2 against Cal despite both losing to Miami. Looks like a defensive move from UCLA to guarantee a split at No. 2/3 as opposed to taking a chance at a split or even a 0-2 hole.

UCLA knows that the match is going to be won at the bottom of the line-up.
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 04:58 AM   #27
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

and actually Hickey won and Remynse lost, it's a bit hilarious

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 10:55 AM   #28
country flag gouci

Long Beach State watch

Below is the record for Anais Dallara since 2/1/09 playing behind Deborah "sacrificial lamb" Armstrong but NEVER moving up even 1 spot higher.

"Sacrificial Lamb's" record = 13-11 (2 DNF)
46% losing percentage

Anais Dallara's record = 24-1 (1 DNF)
96% winning percentage

Spring 2010 examples

1. Trunk (San Diego St.) def. Armstrong 6-1,6-0
2. Dallara (LBS) def. Julia Wais (SDSU) 6-4,6-3

1. Jacqui Corba (George Washington) def. Armstrong 6-1,6-4
2. Dallara (LBS) def. Mimi Hamling (GW) 6-0,6-0

1. Sanchez (USC) def. Armstrong 6-2,6-2
2. Dallara (LBS) def. Sarah Fansler (USC) 6-2,6-2

Who else thinks this is a blatant violation of the "players must compete in order of ability" rule?

If losing 1-6,0-6 doesn't bump the sacrificial lamb down then maybe a formal protest will?

UC Riverside the next LBS opponent has nothing to lose and should protest the match if Dallara plays behind the sacrificial lamb yet again.

Last edited by gouci : Feb 20th, 2010 at 07:06 AM.
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #29
Tennisace

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
and actually Hickey won and Remynse lost, it's a bit hilarious
Haha I did not see that coming at all. Cal only won because they pulled of the doubles point. They led something like 7-4 at No. 2 doubles and went down 7-8 before winning it in the tie breaker. That would have been the difference.
Old Feb 14th, 2010, 02:14 PM   #30
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

yeah I also didn't see Cal winning the dbles pt, either, #2 weren't that good so far..

- Woodrow Wilson