Ranking Watch - Page 42 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #616
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ranking Watch

^No injury was going to stop the money train she was going to get for WTT She got winner's money and MVP money from WTT plus probably a big ol' check from Ein.

And I agree about Beijing, she had no choice in that matter. But as for entering Luxembourg, it's like Kuala Lumpur this season. It's a good idea to enter, but she will probably withdraw and call it a season.

I mean she is so close to a seed, that she really should play this considering the fact she is playing an exhibition for her 2013 warm-up. But I doubt she cares.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 9th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #617
country flag Queen_Vee_92

Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of Queen_Vee_92 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
And I agree about Beijing, she had no choice in that matter. But as for entering Luxembourg, it's like Kuala Lumpur this season. It's a good idea to enter, but she will probably withdraw and call it a season.

I mean she is so close to a seed, that she really should play this considering the fact she is playing an exhibition for her 2013 warm-up. But I doubt she cares.

Ye i suppose you're right, although Kuala Lumpur would've been her first event post sjogrens and it could literally have been a case of too much too soon in understanding that withdrawal.

Luxembourg just seems completely pointless to enter unless she genuinely intends to play it, even by Venus' standards i can't recall her ever entering fall events only to withdraw, she usually just never enters them and calls it a day after New York. I WILL retain hope that we'll get one more Venus fix before 2013!!!

Quote:
Each tournament is important for me, ... Each tournament would do something to my ranking and such kind of thing, step forward for the future. Also I think it's the opportunity, the opportunity to do what I love, to play my best, to play for the people who appreciate what I do.
(Venus Williams)
Queen_Vee_92 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2012, 03:58 PM   #618
country flag vw.

vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute vw. has a reputation beyond repute

So Vee is #24 now... what needs to happen for her to ensure that she keeps the #24 seeding for Melbourne?
vw. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 02:32 AM   #619
country flag Direwolf

Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute Direwolf has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing is certain.

She could play/win Sofia To be 100% guaranteed.
Direwolf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 10:30 AM   #620
country flag hBence

hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute hBence has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planeteer View Post
Nothing is certain.

She could play/win Sofia To be 100% guaranteed.
She's NOT playing Sofia.

Serena Williams - Ági Szávay - Venus Williams - Andrea Petkovic - Rafa Nadal - Timi Babos - Svetlana Kuznetsova - Lewis Hamilton
hBence is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 11:44 AM   #621
country flag zxcVbnm88

zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw. View Post
So Vee is #24 now... what needs to happen for her to ensure that she keeps the #24 seeding for Melbourne?
no hk, no hopman cup and play brisbane........
zxcVbnm88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 04:35 PM   #622
country flag jean_genie

jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hBence View Post
She's NOT playing Sofia.
I know she's committed to the exo with Serena but the wtatour.com Road to Sofia leaderboard shows Venus at #5. I know that she's QUALIFIED for the tournament with her Luxembourg win but will they give her a zero point result if she refuses/withdraws and THEN plays the exo? What would a zero result do to her ranking for OZ?
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 07:07 PM   #623
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vw. View Post
Kanepi will fall below Venus after Brisbane unless Kaia makes the SF there. It'll become trickier if Kaia plays Sofia, but I have a feeling that she's going to withdraw.

No one else can fall below Venus. I thought that maybe Jankovic could, but she can't. She's 101 points ahead of Venus and is defending 120 at Brisbane, but her 17th-best (aka her best result not currently factored in her ranking) is 70 points. So even if she loses R1, the 120 would be replaced with a 70, meaning that she'd still be 51 ahead of Venus.

There's a chance that Hsieh and Zheng will overtake Venus with strong results in Sofia, but Zheng is defending a title in Auckland in the first week of 2013, so I don't think we'll need to worry too much about her. I think Hsieh has a good shot to pass Venus, but it'll be okay as long as Kanepi manages to fall below her.

But there will probably be a withdrawal anyway, so even if she's #25 I think that she'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean_genie View Post
I know she's committed to the exo with Serena but the wtatour.com Road to Sofia leaderboard shows Venus at #5. I know that she's QUALIFIED for the tournament with her Luxembourg win but will they give her a zero point result if she refuses/withdraws and THEN plays the exo? What would a zero result do to her ranking for OZ?
The zero won't change anything. Rankings count best 16 events, and right now Venus only has 12 on her ranking (including zeroes for Beijing & AO) so it will just bring her to 13.

GO AWAY Bitch!!! We don't want your Avon.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 08:19 PM   #624
country flag VenuStan

VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all VenuStan is a name known to all

IMO it's important she stays inside Top 24. I wish she was playing in an actual Aussie warm up tournament to get into the grove of things instead of Hopman Cup. Venus and her love for Exho tourneys in preparation for Melbourne, lol.
VenuStan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2012, 09:07 PM   #625
country flag jean_genie

jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute jean_genie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump-it-UP View Post

The zero won't change anything. Rankings count best 16 events, and right now Venus only has 12 on her ranking (including zeroes for Beijing & AO) so it will just bring her to 13.
Thanks!
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 03:21 AM   #626
country flag Uranium
Dubai Love

Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute Uranium has a reputation beyond repute

A week vacation for Venus before her 2nd week vacation in Africa:

Williams also looked ahead to the offseason and especially to spending less time on the road. It's been a busy year, and she's had her fill of travel for a while. Her main to-do?
"My plan is to have no plans," says Williams. "I plan on sending an email out as soon as possible telling everyone I'm on vacation until further notice."
She said it like she meant it, even if she said it through laughter.

Uranium is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 05:11 AM   #627
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

^I agree , get that back some serious rest and come back strong in Perth
Old Oct 23rd, 2012, 01:02 PM   #628
country flag zxcVbnm88

zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of zxcVbnm88 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hBence View Post
She's NOT playing Sofia.
http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=144403

Venus Williams to Skip Sofia Tournament of Champions

Former world number one, Venus Williams, will not join the upcoming Tournament of Champions in Sofia though she qualified after winning the Luxembourg Open title.

Bulgaria's capital Sofia will host the Tournament of the Champions for the first time October 30-November 4, a chance for tennis fans to enjoy some of the world's elite players.

Venus Williams, 32, will not be able to fly to Sofia because during this period she will be playing together with her sister Serena in Nigeria and South Africa, a planned two-nation African Tour.

The tournament in Sofia will feature eight tennis players, two of whom received a "wild card" - the best Bulgarian female tennis star Tsvetana Pironkova and Russian Maria Kirilenko, who is No. 15 in the rankings.

Caroline Wozniacki, who began this year as Number one in the WTA rankings, confirmed earlier this week that she will take part in The Qatar Airways Tournament of Champions in Sofia.

Nadia Petrova and Roberta Vinci - a pair of WTA veterans who have made career breakthroughs this season – also qualified and confirmed their participation.

Wozniacki will be a group leader due to her high ranking in WTA, currently at No. 11.
zxcVbnm88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1st, 2012, 09:54 PM   #629
country flag Pump-it-UP
Senior Stan

Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute Pump-it-UP has a reputation beyond repute

Venus is sure to end the year at #24 due to Hsieh and Zheng flopping in Sofia.

I expect Kanepi to fall below her after Brisbane (essentially putting Venus at #23 right now in terms of AO seedings), so we just have to hope that 2 people won't leap ahead of Venus in Brisbane/Auckland.

GO AWAY Bitch!!! We don't want your Avon.
Pump-it-UP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 05:00 AM   #630
country flag Maddox
No Acid in this house

Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute Maddox has a reputation beyond repute

I have a feeling she will be alright