Henin is getting ready for wimbledon - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 20th, 2010, 07:54 AM   #1
tennis_pIayer

tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all
Henin is getting ready for wimbledon

the way she's playing this match against elena, she's not at the top of her game, but she's definitely adding to her game plan. A lot of all court game, and coming forward very frequently off of approaches. She'll be ready for the SW19
tennis_pIayer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 20th, 2010, 07:54 AM   #2
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Henin is getting ready for wimbledon

The point construction is to die for. Just brilliant. All-court madness.
Apoleb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 07:55 AM   #3
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

She really is like a different player. Shes playing great.

Great touch.
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 07:56 AM   #4
edificio

edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute edificio has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm watching a different match.
edificio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 07:57 AM   #5
country flag jefrilibra

jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute jefrilibra has a reputation beyond repute

And Elena really sucks! Good grief!
jefrilibra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 08:00 AM   #6
country flag Halepsova

Halepsova has disabled reputation

Dementied is losing her mind out there. I doubt if she can hang in there in the second set.
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 08:00 AM   #7
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

There's a lot of pushing at the start, with only the dropshots from Ju to break up the monotony of the rallies, but the level is starting to go up now.

Justine has to be careful not to get into a war of attrition with Wallmentieva.
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 08:00 AM   #8
tennis_pIayer

tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all tennis_pIayer is a name known to all

the match is so physical with the rallies, the pace of the ball going back and forth. Henin is making mistakes on her service games but she's trying new things (a lot of drop shots for a hardcourt match). Dementieva is trying to wear henin to the ground w/ her physicality (pace of shots and her speed)
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 08:03 AM   #9
country flag Apoleb

Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute Apoleb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Justine has to be careful not to get into a war of attrition with Wallmentieva.
It's exactly how she's playing.
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #10
country flag Bahia

Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoleb View Post
It's exactly how she's playing.
Elena doesn't have the raw pace to completely overwhelm Justine. She's playing a smart match.
Bahia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #11
country flag nicidle

nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold nicidle is a splendid one to behold

henin's game has always been all-court.. isnt it
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 08:06 AM   #12
country flag Apoleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahia View Post
Elena doesn't have the raw pace to completely overwhelm Justine. She's playing a smart match.
That's like how she plays 90% of the time. It all depends on whether Justine can string her shotmaking together.
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 08:07 AM   #13
country flag Bahia

Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future

I think Elena's BH is going less crosscourt in this match, and she is slicing.
Bahia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 08:09 AM   #14
tennis_pIayer

elena is adding to her repertoire of shots. better serves, better BH DTL and good volleys. Good to see players adding to their games even late in their careers
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 08:34 AM   #15
tennis_pIayer

Henins serve was shaky in the first part of the set, and particularly her reaction off the return. But as the set wore on, she got better. Her out wide serves are better than before her retirement. she always had problems w/ that serve b/c of her height. and she continues to go to net. elena is fighting hard