Thought I’d try and predict what the schedule for Day 1 will look like. Yes they haven’t said which half will play first but I’m pretty sure the top half of the women and bottom half of the men will be scheduled for Day 1. Firstly, Williams the defending champion, secondly they usually wait for the second day to release the big Aussie drawcard in Hewitt, and thirdly they won't play both World #1's on the same day.
Here’s my guess judged on what they’ve done in previous years and what just seems to make sense.
1. Serena Williams v Urszula Radwanska (Kick it off with World #1 and defending champ)
2. Andy Roddick v Thiemo de Bakker
3. Andy Murray v Qualifier (Even though JMDP is ranked higher, Murray the bigger name)
1. Stosur v Qualifier
2. Rafael Nadal vs Peter Luczak (These two just make sense, Aussies involved in both)
1. Venus Williams v Lucie Safarova
2. Juan Martin Del Potro v Michael Russell
3. Ana Ivanovic v Qualifier (Despite Ana's ranking, would they send 'Aussie Ana' to an outside court?)
4. Marin Cilic v Fabrice Santoro (Cilic is rising and Santoro's final goodbye)
1. Nick Lindahl vs Jarkko Nieminen
2. Alicia Molik v Julie Coin
3. Bernard Tomic v Qualifier (All Aussies to this point, usually the case with MCA)
4. Caroline Wozniacki v Aleksandra Wozniak
Not before 7:30
5. James Blake v Arnuad Clement (Even though neither are seeded we seem to love Blak and Clement is somewhat of a drawcard)
1. Fernando Gonzalez v Olivier Rochus
2. Victoria Azarenka v Stephanie Cohen-Aloro
3. Gael Monfils v Qulifier
4. Daniela Hantuchova v Viktoriya Kutuzova (Hanters always gets a show court)
1. Radek Stepanek v Ivo Karlovic
2. Vera Zvonareva v Kristina Kucova
3. David Ferrer v Andreas Seppi
4. Agnieszka Radwanska v Tatjana Malek
Outisde courts.... could be anything!
Anyone else want to give it a crack? Please.
Most look right to me. We'll see how close I am.