Donna Vekic - Page 99 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #1471
country flag Alwaysfan

Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future
Re: Donna Vekic

NOT pesimist guys!! OPTIMIST!!!
Alwaysfan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 12th, 2012, 08:23 AM   #1472
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I would pick Donna over Friedsam if it wasn't clay

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 08:27 AM   #1473
country flag Alwaysfan

Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future

^ You´re right, but who knows.
I think that Donna will prevail in two tie breaks
Alwaysfan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 09:50 AM   #1474
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Donna will play Friedsam next round, as the German won 3 and 1. I watched Donna for the first time today
She has nice consistent groundstrokes and a steady serve and return but on the big points she doeson't go for her shots despite her lovely groundstrokes. Could come to net more, but in general is great. Except for her movement and low balls. One drop shot landed on the service line and she didn't get there

Still, she has great potential and I like her a lot more now

Old Jun 12th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #1475
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report chingching, too bad the news is not nicer. And the score doesn't make it look any better, even with Friedsam's recent good form. Hope this doesn't set her back mentally and interrupt her rhythm, especially now with junior Wimbledon so close ahead.

Nice to see Donna finally making the transition to European challenger circuit, as she definately needs more experience of that kind. Hopefully results will improve over time as well.
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #1476
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Thanks for the report chingching, too bad the news is not nicer. And the score doesn't make it look any better, even with Friedsam's recent good form. Hope this doesn't set her back mentally and interrupt her rhythm, especially now with junior Wimbledon so close ahead.

Nice to see Donna finally making the transition to European challenger circuit, as she definately needs more experience of that kind. Hopefully results will improve over time as well.
I am happy to comment. I sense that Donna will play better against Friedsam because her opponent today was weird. Smashing winners or puddling, really inconsistent. I think Donna will look forward t playing Friedsam and it's a match I am definitely going to watch

It's a shame she isn't playing doubles with Sasha again

Old Jun 12th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #1477
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know what was I thinking in the last post, for some reason I thought Donna lost today to the German...and I realised what I've wrote once I've sent it So to recap, Donna beat Giovine 3 and 1 today which seems great. You say that her movement and a few other elements weren't on target today, which makes her scoreline even better.

We'll see what'll happen in the next round, even if she bombs out it's not the end of the world. In the next 4 months she's defending just 20 points, so a lot of space to get her game on to the next level.
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #1478
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Another match, another CH ranking for Donna: she'll move up to ~230

Friedsam won't be easy. She's on a 13-match winning streak and just this week her ranking jumped from 455 to 332 and is now at a CH.

She won Velenje $10K losing only 20 games, but it was over a pretty weak draw (her highest-ranked opponent was #398).

But then she won Velenje $25K over a considerably tougher draw. She destroyed the top seed, Jani (#156), 61 61 and beat two other players ranked higher than Donna (Woerle, Pereira). However she lost three sets along the way, including to Savic and Bouchard.

In other words, a tough but not impossible task. Let's hope Donna has a good day. Good luck!
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 07:06 AM   #1479
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Don't know what was I thinking in the last post, for some reason I thought Donna lost today to the German...and I realised what I've wrote once I've sent it So to recap, Donna beat Giovine 3 and 1 today which seems great. You say that her movement and a few other elements weren't on target today, which makes her scoreline even better.

We'll see what'll happen in the next round, even if she bombs out it's not the end of the world. In the next 4 months she's defending just 20 points, so a lot of space to get her game on to the next level.
Didn't she win 1 and 4??????

Old Jun 13th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #1480
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Yeah, 1 and 4.

By the way, I love this particular photo that Donna posted on her facebook a few days ago:

Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 08:06 AM   #1481
country flag ma re

OK, my marbles obviously weren't working properly yesterday, yes, Donna won 1 and 4, the other girl won 3 and 1. If only I had too much to drink, I'd at least have a good explanation for the brain fart...

Anyway, looking forward to this encounter, Donna said it herself on FB that it'll be a big task, but she also said many times that she loves a good challenge, so we'll see can she battle this one out.
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #1482
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Donna seeded #2 at an Italian $25K: It's really very impressive what this girl has been able to accomplish by age 15.

Also, she has done it with the benefit of very, very few WCs. She has gotten only three singles WCs in her pro career: at her very first two tournaments (a $10K in her home town of Osijek and $25K in Zagreb, both back in 2010) and then at another $25K in Zagreb last year.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 08:53 PM   #1483
country flag tentacao13

tentacao13 is just really nice tentacao13 is just really nice tentacao13 is just really nice tentacao13 is just really nice tentacao13 is just really nice tentacao13 is just really nice tentacao13 is just really nice tentacao13 is just really nice tentacao13 is just really nice tentacao13 is just really nice tentacao13 is just really nice

Will there be live streaming of second round?
tentacao13 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #1484
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Court 7 cca 12:30.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2012, 07:31 AM   #1485
country flag milesaway

milesaway is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck Donna!
milesaway is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread