Donna Vekic - Page 94 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 27th, 2012, 05:54 PM   #1396
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
That's also true.I don't think she enjoys those long trips to Uzbekistan or other middle Asia countries, but her ranking is still too low to enter main draw on some others 25 000 $ tournaments.So I really don't see how or why does she losing her credibility playing weaker challengers...she really don't have a choice.Or she will play "strong" 10 000 $ tournaments or she will play weak 25 000 $ tournaments...she needs points and that's all.
Well some people don't know what common sence is.
She should play those tournaments where she can be in MD directly.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #1397
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. There's no point in her playing 2-3 qualifying matches at the 25k level
Old May 27th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #1398
country flag PrimaDonna

PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all

Quote:
She is also on acceptance list at several more tournaments that week, but this is the only one where she is in main draw so I don't see why wouldn't she play it.

25 000 $ Italy Donna is on 7th spot in alternates
50 000+H $ Craiova Donna is on 9th spot in alternates
100 000 $ Marseille Donna is on 20th spot in alternates...

She have a choice: to play Uzbekistan or not to play at all...
Currently:

11-17.06. => 50k Craiova - 3rd alternate (priority 2)
11-17.06. => 100k Marseille - 16th alternate (priority 1)
11-17.06. => 25k Italy (Padova) - 4th alternate (priority 4)
11-17.06. => 25k Uzbekistan - MD (priority 3)

By priority set it's obvious she will slowly try to move onto the next level. That will specially work when her new rank kicks in since on current list she is ranked 278 and not by her real rank.
I find the list of tournaments where she's applied really encouraging.

I kind of hope she will go for the Craiovia tournament. If she is to play qualifications, might as well start going to 50k's, she should never accept 25k qualies any more. Padova really makes no sence, and Marseille currently i don't think is worth the risk. Uzb would maybe be too tiring considering it's between 2 junior slams.

Reason why i think this is best tournament on this list for her is that she would be able to qualify to MD if she is to repeat her form as of late which would already give her 6 pts. Not to mention that it's 50k + H so for example QF already gives her 24 pts and a whole lot of experience against players around her rank or higher. I have faith in her and that she can adapt to opponents ranked 150-250 within few tournaments and be atleast equal with them.

Last edited by PrimaDonna : May 27th, 2012 at 09:15 PM.
PrimaDonna is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #1399
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

I might have gone to Craiova for her, if it wasn't for this exams session I'm in I also think it's the best choice. The Uzbek tourney suppose a long journey and (maybe) more matches to play, which is bad between the two junior GSes.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:46 PM   #1400
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

No logic to play on hard after clay and before grass.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 28th, 2012, 08:16 AM   #1401
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

On the new WTA list Donna is #248!!!Welcome to top 250 Donna, next step is top 200.

She is going up on the entry lists, she is now 2nd alternate in 50 000$ Craiova and 25 000$ in Padova, most certainly she will enter qualifications draw, so maybe she will not go to Uzbekistan if she fancy playing qualifications...
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 28th, 2012, 03:19 PM   #1402
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's also true.I don't think she enjoys those long trips to Uzbekistan or other middle Asia countries, but her ranking is still too low to enter main draw on some others 25 000 $ tournaments.So I really don't see how or why does she losing her credibility playing weaker challengers...she really don't have a choice.Or she will play "strong" 10 000 $ tournaments or she will play weak 25 000 $ tournaments...she needs points and that's all.
Her ranking is not too low to enter 25s. She would be the top seed for some 25s in Asia and South America. And BTW, I didnt know about the other tournaments and I apologise i phrased it the way I did but I am not going to go away because I like Donna dn want to wish her well, but I am allowed to criticise her tournament choice. Craiova sounds like a good tournament to chose but its on clay. If she played the 50K in Nottingham she could practice for Junior Wimbledon (or maybe even qualies if she gets WC). I think that that would have been the best choice. Also, less travel

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #1403
country flag PrimaDonna

PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all

Update as of today:

- comfortably in Craiovia qualies
- comfortably in Padova qualies
- 11th alternate in Marseille
- MD Uzbekistan
Old May 29th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #1404
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Her ranking is not too low to enter 25s. She would be the top seed for some 25s in Asia and South America. And BTW, I didnt know about the other tournaments and I apologise i phrased it the way I did but I am not going to go away because I like Donna dn want to wish her well, but I am allowed to criticise her tournament choice. Craiova sounds like a good tournament to chose but its on clay. If she played the 50K in Nottingham she could practice for Junior Wimbledon (or maybe even qualies if she gets WC). I think that that would have been the best choice. Also, less travel
I didn't told you to go away so if you quoting me, then stick to my words or quote somebody else.
Old May 29th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #1405
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I didn't told you to go away so if you quoting me, then stick to my words or quote somebody else.
I am referring to tennis masters post. Not yours. Sorry
Hopefully she can make Craiova Main Draw but qualies might be good to give her a few matches. Does she like clay? She grew up in Croatia so she is familiar with it. Does she like the sliding???

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #1406
country flag okramb

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I am referring to tennis masters post. Not yours. Sorry
Hopefully she can make Craiova Main Draw but qualies might be good to give her a few matches. Does she like clay? She grew up in Croatia so she is familiar with it. Does she like the sliding???
No, grass and hard are her favorite surfaces.Yes, she is from Croatia but i wouldn't say she grow up here cos she moved to London very young (she is still very young).But even that doesn't matter, aren't players like Ivanisevic or Ancic also from Croatia but they were known as one of the best grass players in the world?
Old May 29th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #1407
country flag PrimaDonna

Donna withdrew from Marseille, Craiovia and UZB. I guess now we know.

In Padova she is in MD, 7th highest ranked.
Old May 29th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #1408
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

a bit disappointing imo..she would have made the MD of craiovia too
Old May 29th, 2012, 06:04 PM   #1409
country flag okramb

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
a bit disappointing imo..she would have made the MD of craiovia too
yes but now nobody can say that she plays only weak, uzbekistan, kirgistan or whatever tournaments...
Old May 29th, 2012, 06:23 PM   #1410
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

A smart choice in my opinion. Flying half way around the world to play just one event between two European slams would definately be a weird choice, to put it mildly. And I think that a debut on a 50k level could prove to be risky this time of year, cause she doesn't need a confidence setback by getting trashed in R1 of a 50k ahead of junior Wimbledon.

Anyway, looking forward to the upcoming weeks
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread