Donna Vekic - Page 86 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2012, 07:33 PM   #1276
country flag mateusz2904
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of
Re: Donna Vekic

What a run! I hope she's physically prepared for the final. Her matches were short, but it's still a lot. Anyway, good luck!

"It's one of those wonderful correlations between tennis and life: the only way to succeed where you've failed before is not to dwell on the past, but to keep your mind on the task before you." JB

TT SINGLES: 5 Olomouc'11, Barcelona'12, Olympics'12, French Open'13, Charleston'14
TT DOUBLES: 28 w/AdeyC Bogota'10, Karuizawa'10, Montpellier'10, Bogota'11, Birmingham'11, Poitiers'11, Bratislava'11, Zawada'12, Bad Gastein'13
mateusz2904 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 21st, 2012, 03:34 AM   #1277
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
By the way, for her age, Donna's recent W-L record in $25Ks is amazing: depending on tomorrow's match, it will be 18-3 or 17-4 in the last five events (Lagos I and II last year and Moscow, Bangalore and Namangan this year). The only wrinkle was her R1 loss to Marozava (#816 ) in Moscow.
Yeah it is pretty amazing. Still, no offence but these are reallyy easy 25ks, except for moscow, wjere she lost. Taraken will be better beacause its slightly harder, but not too hard

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 03:36 AM   #1278
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
They do, but not in case of the lowest level of challengers (25k) and futures (10k). Points from all other tournaments are added the next day.

BTW, when did you here them talking about her on Eurosport (just curious)? Which version of Eurosport are we talkin' about (British or "original")? As in, on tv, or just on their website?

You might be right about a QWC, but I still wouldn't hold my breath about it.
In Indian Wells, when Radwanska was playing Azarenka, they were talking about david felgate and donna. They were ralking about her age, base, their goals and how she grew up. The commentators were sam smith and someone else. I dont think its british eurosport, because I watch eurosport in australia on tv, not a stream

Old Apr 21st, 2012, 03:38 AM   #1279
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaDonna View Post
Yes, Donna is the youngest in top 600 and there are only 4 players of her age (generation 1996.) in that group.
I'd say grass could suit her since she has a strong game (good serve, powerful forehand). I wouldn't be suprised if throughout her career clay proves to be her weakest and hard her strongest surface.

Ching you keep saying she only plays weaker tourneys... i think this is better for her at this point. Last year she played 10k's and then crossed over to 25k's. Who is to say she wont cross to 50k's within the next one year? Her career is developing just fine.

Also, note that since she is so young she has a LIMIT of number of tournaments she is allowed to play so she has to plan carefully as to where to participate. What is the point in going into 10 50k qualies and pass to 3 main draws at her age.
You make a good point. i often forget shes 15

Old Apr 21st, 2012, 06:35 AM   #1280
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateusz2904 View Post
What a run! I hope she's physically prepared for the final. Her matches were short, but it's still a lot. Anyway, good luck!
When it comes to Donna, stamina is the least of my worries, cause she seems to have some freakishly high energy levels. That was especially evident in juniors at the start of last year, when she had no problems stringing a great deal of wins in super-tough conditions like those in India.

Today is a really big test for her, let's hope she'll bring her A game to the court
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 08:37 AM   #1281
country flag mateusz2904
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of mateusz2904 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Unfortunately I lost today 63 36 36 . Very happy with the way I played but she was better today
Such a shame... But it's still a great result. Can't wait for her next tournament.

"It's one of those wonderful correlations between tennis and life: the only way to succeed where you've failed before is not to dwell on the past, but to keep your mind on the task before you." JB

TT SINGLES: 5 Olomouc'11, Barcelona'12, Olympics'12, French Open'13, Charleston'14
TT DOUBLES: 28 w/AdeyC Bogota'10, Karuizawa'10, Montpellier'10, Bogota'11, Birmingham'11, Poitiers'11, Bratislava'11, Zawada'12, Bad Gastein'13
mateusz2904 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 08:44 AM   #1282
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, pitty about the finals, but still no shame in losing to Puchkova - not even these days. After all, it was a match between a qualifier and the 2nd seed.

Looking forward to the rest of the season
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 08:53 AM   #1283
country flag Balkanac
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice

Dona is going to be a big talent

Bravo
Balkanac is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 09:30 AM   #1284
country flag ma re

According to her FB page the last set finished 2:6. A single break would've been better, of course, but still a nice result overall. She also said that Puchkova played fantastic tennis.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 09:31 AM   #1285
country flag Balkanac
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice Balkanac is just really nice

Where does she play next?
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 10:24 AM   #1286
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Wish that she'd won but still another great result. She's really doing well at the moment and making great progress.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 10:33 AM   #1287
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkanac View Post
Where does she play next?
I believe the place is called Tamarkan (or something like that), it's a 25k ($25000 prize money) challenger in Indonesia, starting on the 13th of May if I'm not mistaken.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 10:35 AM   #1288
country flag Balkanac
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

She has a GOAT schedule.
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 11:25 AM   #1289
country flag PrimaDonna

PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all

Too bad, but it's worth noting that Donna will land around rank 285 with this final. This secures her MD Entry to almost any 25k.
PrimaDonna is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 11:30 AM   #1290
country flag chingching

except anetts stupid choice of 25ks:Bath, Tunis and Chiasso (beygelzimmer at 204 is LDA for chiasso for anett)
Still, great result from donna. i am liking her more and more every week. Is she heading back to london???
BTW, where does she get her money to travel to uzbekistan and indonesia for just 1 tourney

Closed Thread