Donna Vekic - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2011, 07:57 AM   #91
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
I think it's very possible that Donna will reach the top 10 next year or in 2013 but, no, not this year.
I seriously hope you're wrong about 2013, cause for someone with this kind of a fast and constant improvement, that would be too slow. We're talking about a girl who's been outside of 100 just two months ago and is now getting to top50. I know it's not right to build big expectations around someone so young, but if you don't have ambition or high goals, you can't really expect great things. Anyway, by 2013 I think that Donna will be playing ITF pro challengers, if everything goes as planned until then.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 10th, 2011, 10:29 AM   #92
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
While I'm a big fan of Donna's, I don't think this is realistic.

She would need ~700 points. Only points from the best six tournaments count, and doubles points count very little (they're divided by 4, for ranking purposes).

That means she would need ~100 points per tournament in singles (let's assume she picks up the remaining 100 points from all her doubles results). Even after her recent successes, the current average from her best six tournaments is only 57 points.

Of course, as she plays GA and G1 tournaments she will have more chances to pick up big points. On the other hand, the competition in those tournaments will be much stiffer.

I think it's very possible that Donna will reach the top 10 next year or in 2013 but, no, not this year.
Yes,but...You forget that girls that are now #10 or #9 will have to defend their points and Donna don't have very much points to defend especially on GA,G1 i G2 tournaments.
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 02:10 PM   #93
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light

"she is next GOAT and for few years she will be mental midget", by your opininion.
chill out, she isn't superman
btw, she is in the final, both singles and doubles. next rival is that first seed, top 25 player

Last edited by petar_pan : Mar 10th, 2011 at 02:52 PM.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 02:56 PM   #94
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
"she is next GOAT and for few years she will be mental midget", by your opininion.
chill out, she isn't superman
btw, she is in the final both singles and doubles. next rival is that first seed, top 25 player
I don't know what's your problem,you don't have to be a Superman to be #10 with 15 years in junior competition.If I think that she is Superman then I would compare her with Martina Hingis who was #87 in SENIOR competition when she was younger than Donna is today,and won her first SENIOR title when she was 15 (Donna will be 15 in few months),and won her first Grand Slam title when she was 16.That is IMO Superman.I don't expect that from Donna.If Donna continue play like this in the rest of the season she WILL be in the top 10 this year it's not supernatural gift,it's just mathematics...she wouldn't be the first and she wouldn't be the last girl to be in top 10 with 15 years in JUNIOR competition.If that happens it's just a promising and a very good result but nothing spectacular and unnatural.
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #95
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

i actually think this next match will tell us a lot. she's playing a girl ranked #25 and she is probably pretty tired at this point. let's see how she does
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 03:19 PM   #96
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
I don't know what's your problem,you don't have to be a Superman to be #10 with 15 years in junior competition.If I think that she is Superman then I would compare her with Martina Hingis who was #87 in SENIOR competition when she was younger than Donna is today,and won her first SENIOR title when she was 15 (Donna will be 15 in few months),and won her first Grand Slam title when she was 16.That is IMO Superman.I don't expect that from Donna.If Donna continue play like this in the rest of the season she WILL be in the top 10 this year it's not supernatural gift,it's just mathematics...she wouldn't be the first and she wouldn't be the last girl to be in top 10 with 15 years in JUNIOR competition.If that happens it's just a promising and a very good result but nothing spectacular and unnatural.
that's fine
but i don't like when somebody says, for 17 years old girl, "she is finished, we will turn to 14 years old one now". or " she is mental midget" (17 years old girl)
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 04:12 PM   #97
country flag cro123456

cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
I seriously hope you're wrong about 2013, cause for someone with this kind of a fast and constant improvement, that would be too slow. We're talking about a girl who's been outside of 100 just two months ago and is now getting to top50. I know it's not right to build big expectations around someone so young, but if you don't have ambition or high goals, you can't really expect great things. Anyway, by 2013 I think that Donna will be playing ITF pro challengers, if everything goes as planned until then.
I don´t get your issues guys, I completely agree with this post.
cro123456 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 05:03 PM   #98
country flag okramb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cro123456 View Post
I don´t get your issues guys, I completely agree with this post.
Agreed!
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #99
country flag okramb

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
that's fine
but i don't like when somebody says, for 17 years old girl, "she is finished, we will turn to 14 years old one now". or " she is mental midget" (17 years old girl)
I don't know about witch player do you talk about?Who is that 17 y.o.,and who sad anything about mental midget?
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 01:30 AM   #100
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

let's stop fighting in this forum we're all on the same side. clearly, the current situation in croatian tennis, especially the women's game, is bleak at the moment (and has been since..99ish?). donna is clearly a talent. it's stupid to predict her ranking now, she's so young. lots of good players had shitty junior careers and lots of bad players had awesome junior careers. tomorrow's match is really important for her and we'll see how she does and we should just take it one step at a time. at the end of the day, who cares about being in the junior top 10? we've had a ridiculous number of players make it there...lucic, kostanic, abramovic, tomljanovic, zovko, ancic, etc. etc. etc. and they've all had very different careers (from top10 to slam champ to journeywoman).

right now we have a couple of young, very promising players. tomljanovic, vekic, coric, maybe even njiric if she can get her shit together. so how about we just take these results for what they are and not get ahead of ourselves. donna is phenomenal for her age, maybe the best in the world, but who knows what her future holds
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 04:17 AM   #101
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
let's stop fighting in this forum we're all on the same side. clearly, the current situation in croatian tennis, especially the women's game, is bleak at the moment (and has been since..99ish?). donna is clearly a talent. it's stupid to predict her ranking now, she's so young. lots of good players had shitty junior careers and lots of bad players had awesome junior careers. tomorrow's match is really important for her and we'll see how she does and we should just take it one step at a time. at the end of the day, who cares about being in the junior top 10? we've had a ridiculous number of players make it there...lucic, kostanic, abramovic, tomljanovic, zovko, ancic, etc. etc. etc. and they've all had very different careers (from top10 to slam champ to journeywoman).

right now we have a couple of young, very promising players. tomljanovic, vekic, coric, maybe even njiric if she can get her shit together. so how about we just take these results for what they are and not get ahead of ourselves. donna is phenomenal for her age, maybe the best in the world, but who knows what her future holds
All well said.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 08:01 AM   #102
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
All well said.
Yup
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 11:12 AM   #103
country flag ma re

Another article (this one from 3 days ago): http://osijek-danas.com/sport-i-rekr...oj-africi.html

...and a few photos, not sure if this has been posted before: http://www.wta96.com/wiki/lvisspille...sp=Donna_Vekic
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 01:01 PM   #104
country flag croat123

(3)Donna Vekic (CRO) d. (1)Zarah Razafimahatratra (MAD) 63 64
top25 win straight sets, even though she's gotta be tired at this point

withdrew from the doubles final...no clue if it was donna or her partner.
Old Mar 11th, 2011, 01:06 PM   #105
country flag okramb

Congratulations to Donna!!!3rd strait title!!!
Closed Thread