Donna Vekic - Page 60 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2011, 01:16 PM   #886
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Yup. That's exactly what happens. I have no doubts she'll be seeded
Advertisement

Old Nov 1st, 2011, 03:50 PM   #887
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Donna's web site says that she is gonna play 2 tournaments that begins on 6th and 13th November.It is French Inter League in Metz and Marseille but I can't find in witch category of tournaments that belongs...Are they junior tournaments or ITF futures or challengers???They are not on list of any of those calendars.So if somebody knows...I would be grateful....
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 1st, 2011, 05:25 PM   #888
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

i'm pretty sure it's the french national league. i know the final of that league (in december) is streamed live. kostanic used to always play. hopefully she does well...it's very strong and full of top100/200 players
Old Nov 1st, 2011, 09:51 PM   #889
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
i'm pretty sure it's the french national league. i know the final of that league (in december) is streamed live. kostanic used to always play. hopefully she does well...it's very strong and full of top100/200 players
Tnx!But those tournaments are like exibition tournaments, they don't count in any ranking (junior or WTA)?
Old Nov 1st, 2011, 11:57 PM   #890
country flag croat123

no, they don't count. players play them because the french league has very nice pay-outs
Old Nov 2nd, 2011, 03:39 PM   #891
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
That is not bad decision. Well, she can not get pts for that, but at least she will stay touch with playing, and what is more important, getting experience against top 100 and top 200 players.
Hele. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 5th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #892
country flag DonnaVFan

DonnaVFan is an unknown quantity at this point

Donna's not playing the ITF in mexico, so, good luck for Orange Bowl!
DonnaVFan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 04:52 AM   #893
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

As expected, big move up the rankings for Donna this week, from 493 to 392

She's now the #8 ranked Croat. Much more impressively she's the top-ranked player born in 1996 or later

And even more impressively, she's #3 among players born in 1995 or later:

1. 241...Putintseva, Yulia...07/01/95...231 pts...11 tournaments
2. 315...Keys, Madison...17/02/95...156 pts...9 tournaments
3. 392...Vekic, Donna...28/06/96...105 pts...7 tournaments
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 06:42 AM   #894
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful!

Btw, if I recall correctly, there was once a rule (not sure if there still is), which said that players ranked below a certain number are not allowed to play WTA events unless given WC's - and I think this number was 400. Anyone knows what I'm talkin' about?
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #895
country flag okramb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Wonderful!

Btw, if I recall correctly, there was once a rule (not sure if there still is), which said that players ranked below a certain number are not allowed to play WTA events unless given WC's - and I think this number was 400. Anyone knows what I'm talkin' about?
I don't know but I think it doesn't matter because I think Donna will play challengers in the first half of the next year (she is permitted 6 more tournaments till July) and with points from that tournaments she will enter top 300 for sure but I hoping even more.And than she will be granted to play WTA tournaments with or without WC for sure.

Anyone wants to predict how high she will be on the end of June if she will play total of 6 tournaments she is allowed?She is defending 17 points in the first half of the year...That is not much,if she will be playing on the same level like in this year I see her in top 300-250 till July
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 10:36 AM   #896
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Donna played yesterday France Team 1A league in Metz. Donna take part in team winning ( 5-1 ) with her single win 63 36 62 . Important experience for Donna. Next match for ASPTT Metz Donna will play next Sunday in Marseille.
(this is from Donna's facebook profile)
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 10:50 AM   #897
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

And do you know who is the one she beat?
Hele. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #898
country flag croat123

Her division is the second rank of French league play. The teams are still pretty decent. She's on the same tier as Mayr and Lisjak. Can't find out who she beat though, but there were some good players on the team her team beat
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 07:28 PM   #899
country flag croat123

From a french new portal: can anyone translate?

Le phénomène Vekic
Celle-ci ne sera pas totalement invisible puisque la jeune Alexandra Rey, remplaçante, sautera dans la brèche dès que l’occasion se présentera. Et il n’y a pas de déshonneur à piaffer d’impatience dans l’antichambre des stars. Car l’ASPTT Metz regorge de talents divers : « Etant donné le calendrier et l’époque, constate le capitaine messin, aucune n’a voulu partir. Il faut dire que nous les soignons ! Alors chaque joueuse disputera deux matches puisqu’elles tiennent toutes à participer à l’aventure. »
Le premier match à domicile, dimanche contre le Stade Toulousain, sera marqué par les débuts des deux nouvelles recrues croates : Ivana Lisjak et Donna Vekic. « La première est très forte, la deuxième a un an de moins qu’Alexandra Rey ! » Quinze donc… Mais Vekic, à cet âge-là, pointe déjà dans le top 500 mondial des grandes, se situant au niveau d’une certaine Constance Sibille ! Un phénomène à découvrir. Quant à sa compatriote, seule une blessure l’a fait lâcher sa 90 e place mondiale.
Avec la Bulgare Naydenova (300 e et troisième renfort), l’ASPTT peut afficher ses ambitions : « On a raté deux fois de peu la montée pour un point et si on échoue encore, on ne l’aura pas fait exprès. Nous alignerons la meilleure équipe possible lors des cinq matches. » Dans la poule B de six adversaires, Frédéric Heitz devra avoir l’œil sur Orléans, grosse écurie, sans mésestimer son premier rival : « Toulouse peut être moyen comme très fort. le club jouera-t-il le jeu ? »
A. T.
Old Nov 7th, 2011, 07:56 PM   #900
country flag okramb

I tried with a google translate to Croatian or English but both translations were lame...only thing I could figure out was that writer glorify Donna for being so young in top 500 and that every player will play 2 matches...
Closed Thread