Donna Vekic - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 7th, 2011, 06:13 PM   #76
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Donna's ranking holds at #82 (her career-high) this week. She's the fifth-highest ranked player born in 1996 or later, and Donna is the youngest of them:

35. Christina Makarova (USA)
46. Indy de Vroome (NED)
52. Barbara Haas (AUT)
66. Domenica Gonzalez (ECU)
82. Donna Vekic (CRO)

Donna is now the fourth-highest ranked player born in 1996 or later:
30. Indy de Vroome (NED)
37. Christina Makarova (USA)
50. Barbara Haas (AUT)
51. Donna Vekic (CRO)

She has a good chance of overtaking Haas this week.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 7th, 2011, 06:22 PM   #77
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Great win for Donna today.In the 1/8 final it could be a easy one for Donna.Le Roux is 1 year older but never highest then # 500.Obviously not a great talent Le Roux...
okramb is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 06:25 PM   #78
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Donna obviously means business
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #79
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
Great win for Donna today.In the 1/8 final it could be a easy one for Donna.Le Roux is 1 year older but never highest then # 500.Obviously not a great talent Le Roux...
The other seed in Donna's quarter--#5 Reka Muller--lost today.

If Donna beats Le Roux, in the QF she'll play either Kiro (a local ranked #357) or Lupu (#151, whom Donna beat easily last week, 62 62).

Donna has a very nice path to the SF. Hope she takes advantage of it.
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 11:29 AM   #80
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light

sabina lupu easily won against de vroome in january, so donna is good. it was 1st match of a year for de vroome but...
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 04:07 PM   #81
country flag networthy

Quote:
Donna beat Le Roux handily today: Donna VEKIC (CRO) (3) defeated Madrie LE ROUX (RSA) 6-1 6-4

In the QF she'll play Sabina LUPU, whom she beat easily last week 62 62. Nice shot at another SF.

In doubles R1, KORASHVILI (UKR) / VEKIC (CRO) defeated BENOIT (BEL) / KERFS (BEL) 6-2 7-6(4). In the QF, they'll play the #3 seeds, BIANCO (SUI) / BOGOLIY (UKR). Good luck, girls!
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #82
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
sabina lupu easily won against de vroome in january, so donna is good. it was 1st match of a year for de vroome but...
I didn't know that!
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 04:26 PM   #83
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
I didn't know that!
Lupu is pretty good player.She is 3 years older than Donna or De Vroome,and she plays senior tennis as well so it might be difficult match in the QF.But yet I thinked so last time but Donna win easily.
Old Mar 8th, 2011, 05:03 PM   #84
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

The way things are going I don't expect to see her playing these G2/G3 events for much longer - what's the point when you're beating just about everyone; time to move to the next level will come very soon.
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #85
country flag networthy

In the QF, Donna beat Lupu 75 40 ret.
In the SF, she'll play the #2 seed, Fabikova. She's #56 and almost three years older than Donna. This could be very tough!

By the way, in the doubles QF, KORASHVILI/VEKIC beat the #3 seeds. In the SF, they play another unseeded team, DE SUTTER/VON DEICHMANN. It's a good chance for another doubles final.

Regardless, Donna will almost certainly break into the top 50 next week and reach a new CH ranking.
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 04:46 PM   #86
country flag okramb

Yes it's gonna be difficult against Fabikova but this is great result so far.Top fifty is on the way...any bet that Donna will make top 10 entrance this season???
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #87
country flag ma re

Quote:
...any bet that Donna will make top 10 entrance this season???
Not impossible I'd say. From what I understand about the junior ranking system, Donna has this year alone, already earned 312.5 out of her total of 385 points (280 this year only in singles).
A girl who's ranked at #10 right now has about 720 points, and it's only the beginning of March. Quite possible that she makes it IMO, of course, assuming she stays healthy etc.
She's defending 3 singles and 1 doubles result from last year, the highest number of points to defend in each of those is 20 and this year she was getting from 45 to 100 points per tournament in singles, and from 20 to 50 in doubles.
Old Mar 9th, 2011, 10:34 PM   #88
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

she could make it, but it will have to be at the GA/G1 level. she now has to start beating top50 players
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 06:05 AM   #89
country flag networthy

Donna has now won her last 13 matches (and 21 of the last 23). Can she keep it going?
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 06:23 AM   #90
country flag networthy

Quote:
any bet that Donna will make top 10 entrance this season???
While I'm a big fan of Donna's, I don't think this is realistic.

She would need ~700 points. Only points from the best six tournaments count, and doubles points count very little (they're divided by 4, for ranking purposes).

That means she would need ~100 points per tournament in singles (let's assume she picks up the remaining 100 points from all her doubles results). Even after her recent successes, the current average from her best six tournaments is only 57 points.

Of course, as she plays GA and G1 tournaments she will have more chances to pick up big points. On the other hand, the competition in those tournaments will be much stiffer.

I think it's very possible that Donna will reach the top 10 next year or in 2013 but, no, not this year.
Closed Thread