Donna Vekic - Page 54 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 21st, 2011, 10:47 PM   #796
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Donna Vekic

In the final Donna plays Svitolina--#325, almost two years older and #1 junior at one point last year. It's gonna be very tough

...but you have nothing to lose, Donna. Good luck!
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 06:07 AM   #797
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Another important thing to point out - Donna came this far, this young, with virtually no wildcards! Sure, there was one for Zagreb 25k this year, and I think one for the same event last year, but other than that, she's doing it all on her own, which is another great thing about her path so far. So many players receive wildcards for important events, only to throw them away playing like headless chickens, and Donna is doing a great job catching up with them without any serious help (aside from that of her own camp, of course). But somehow I think the days of Donna getting her fair share of useful wildcards is not that far away
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 06:59 AM   #798
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute

Really impressive so far from Donna. Just 15 y.o. and winning her matches so easily

Just 5 games dropped against Klaffner who is now ranked around 300, but has been top 200 last year. And also the top seed Bratchikova (WTA: 135), who is an experienced ITF player, was able to win just 5 games

Always nice to see a youngster do so well Definitely will be following her. Interesting to see how she will develop
Sasja is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 07:18 AM   #799
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light

Good year for our young prospects - Konjuh is U-14 European Champion and has U-16 Masters title (actually, that is same thing as European Champion title) and this one is big win for 15 years old girl. Vekic has a really good year both on junior and pro circuit.

Last edited by petar_pan : Oct 22nd, 2011 at 07:32 AM.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 09:16 AM   #800
country flag DonnaVFan

DonnaVFan is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know where donna trains in london? id love to go and see her play!
DonnaVFan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 09:46 AM   #801
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaVFan View Post
Does anyone know where donna trains in london? id love to go and see her play!
I think this question has already been asked in this thread, so you might read through the previous pages as well, but she is signed by a Lagardere management company so it would be my guess that she practices in their London facility. However, their website doesn't specify such facility, only the academies in Florida and Paris(). But it does mention Donna among "our athletes" under the letter V, together with Vesnina and Vandeweghe

Sorry, I wish I could've been of more help
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 08:06 PM   #802
country flag Karolina_Sprem

Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of Karolina_Sprem has much to be proud of

Donna isn't based in London. She was preparing for 2 weeks in London - Dukes Meadows before she left for Nigeria.
Most of the time she works in Croatia and Slovenia (Rogla) and she doesn't work in USA like most of the players do.

..Karolina Sprem...
...Petra Martic & Ajla Tomljanovic...
...Petra Kvitova & Sorana Cirstea...
...Sesil Karatantcheva...
Karolina_Sprem is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 04:51 AM   #803
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

I just realized just what an amazing match won-loss record Donna has in the pros in 2011: 26-4! That includes one tournament win (Chiswick) and three finals (Hvar, Westende and now Lagos). I wonder how many other players born in 1996 or even 1995 have been in that many finals?

Her 2011 doubles record is much weaker, 2-4, but those four wins include a tournament win (Westende).

Donna also has the distinction of never having lost a match in qualifiers.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 07:07 AM   #804
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolina_Sprem View Post
Donna isn't based in London. She was preparing for 2 weeks in London - Dukes Meadows before she left for Nigeria.
Most of the time she works in Croatia and Slovenia (Rogla) and she doesn't work in USA like most of the players do.
I don't really know why they can't (coric, konjuh) find the sponsors for academies because that is evident they would become big stars with good support. they are great talents and they are hungry like every great athletcs from ex-yu.

Last edited by petar_pan : Oct 23rd, 2011 at 01:45 PM.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 01:02 PM   #805
country flag okramb

okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all

Donna lost final match 2-0 but nevermind it has been great week and she entered top 500.
okramb is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 01:16 PM   #806
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Still a great week. For a 15 year old a final of a $25,000 is huge. I'm already excited for 2012. I hope she focuses more on the women's tour because she's doing well there.

Is she playing any more events this year?
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 01:28 PM   #807
country flag PrimaDonna

PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all

She is on the list for next week's repeat of Lagos as well, but i'm not sure if she will actually play. On the entry list she is first under the line which means she should've played the qualies but from the results list i see that she didn't. So, either she has a wild card or she decided to pull out and rest.

She also has booked in her schedule Juniors Orange Bowl (grade A) at the start of December.
PrimaDonna is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 01:37 PM   #808
country flag okramb

okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all okramb is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaDonna View Post
She is on the list for next week's repeat of Lagos as well, but i'm not sure if she will actually play. On the entry list she is first under the line which means she should've played the qualies but from the results list i see that she didn't. So, either she has a wild card or she decided to pull out and rest.

She also has booked in her schedule Juniors Orange Bowl (grade A) at the start of December.
She will play and she will be in main draw
okramb is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 01:54 PM   #809
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaDonna View Post
She is on the list for next week's repeat of Lagos as well, but i'm not sure if she will actually play. On the entry list she is first under the line which means she should've played the qualies but from the results list i see that she didn't.
As a finalist of the tournament of the same category played the week before, she is automatically given a "special exempt status" (otherwise known as SE), which guarantees her a place in the main draw.

And what to say about Donna's result this week. She certainly had a great event there in Lagos but I have to admit that I am a bit bummed about the loss in the finals (go ahead, crucify me for saying it).

I am very much aware that her results are great for someone her age, but with this loss her w-l record in the finals goes to a not so pretty 1-3. I would hate to see her develop that choking mentality or become a player that falls down under the pressure of winning a title after cleaning the path for the eventual champion by defeating the top seeds.

Of the current top 10, four girls have a negative ratio in the finals; Zvonareva (12-18), Stosur (3-10), Bartoli (7-9) and Petkovic (2-3) - and not one of them can be described as a mentally tough player. Of course it's early to tell and time will reveal what will become of Donna, but finals are the real chances, a time to tune in all your focus and grab a whole lot of points with just one win.

Too bad she couldn't have done better today, let's hope she'll do another nice result next week. Good luck
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 02:45 PM   #810
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

still a great week. the final score was pretty close, 4 and 3. what's her ranking potential from next week's tournament?