Donna Vekic - Page 52 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 20th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #766
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Awesome chance for SF!
Hele. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 20th, 2011, 01:59 PM   #767
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Donna Vekic def. FOUROUCLAS NATASHA (RSA ) 2:0 / 6:2/ 6:1
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 02:06 PM   #768
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

They already have played!?

This is brilliant, she in semifinal with 3 easy convincing wins!
Whatever happens next, it is just a bonus!
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #769
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

With this 24 points Donna will jump up to about # 525!!!

With this semi-final (3 matches) Donna will earn points like she won two 10 000$ tournaments...it's pretty obvious that 10 000$ tournaments are starting to be waste of time and strength for Donna
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 03:09 PM   #770
country flag daddy

daddy is an unknown quantity at this point

Sweet!!!!
daddy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 04:36 PM   #771
country flag Maza1987

Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of Maza1987 has much to be proud of

Cakewalk of a draw, but she's taking advantage of it. You can only beat who is put in front of you.

— Caroline Garcia — Taylor Townsend — Kristina Mladenovic — Heather Watson — Elina Svitolina —
Maza1987 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #772
country flag PrimaDonna

PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all

Brilliant Donny!

I agree that 10k's might be a waste from now on, specially since she will have a much higher rank. She is limited to a certain number of senior tournaments anyway so why not use it on 25k's. Few easier ones + few Wild cards and she will have no problem filling the quota.
PrimaDonna is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 08:36 PM   #773
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Very impressive, Donna! I thought Fouruclas would be much tougher for her. In R1 Fouruclas beat Szatmari (CH#187) 16 60 62. Then in R2 she beat Jakupovic (#347) 61 61. And Donna lost only three games
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 08:38 PM   #774
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

...but now it gets tough for Donna. In SF she plays either the #1 seed, Bratchikova, or top-10 junior Kovinic.

Either way, Donna has already had a great week. She'll get a big, fat jump in the rankings. And she still has next week to pick up some more points. Let's hope she gets an easy draw!

Last edited by networthy : Oct 20th, 2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 08:43 PM   #775
country flag Hele.

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
...but now it gets tough for Donna. In QF she plays either the #1 seed, Bratchikova, or top-10 junior Kovinic.
SF. But whatever happens, it is already best week of Donna senior career.
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #776
country flag networthy

^ You're right!
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 02:35 AM   #777
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
A few months back, when we heard about her plans to play several pro events this year, I "predicted" (or, better to say, claimed possible) that she could finish this year inside top500. And it turns out that it's not outside the realm of possibility.

End-of-year top 500 is looking very doable for Donna at this point. She's about 8 points away so one win next week would probably do it
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 07:53 AM   #778
country flag networthy

After this week's results are counted, Donna will be the second-highest-ranked player born in 1996 or later.

And going by this week's rankings, Donna will likely be ninth-highest among players born in 1995 or later:

1 . #235 . Putintseva, Yulia (07/01/95) ... 239 pts (11 tournaments)
2 . #298 . Keys, Madison (17/02/95) ... 172 pts (8)
3 . #403 . Khromacheva, Irina (12/05/95) ... 97 (8)
4 . #422 . Townsend, Taylor (16/04/96) ... 89 (5)
5 . #425 . Shkudun, Anna (27/01/95) ... 89 (12)
6 . #450 . Witthoeft, Carina (16/02/95) ... 80 (13)
7 . #490 . Lysa, Yuliya (14/05/95) ... 71 (10)
8 . #502 . Vickery, Sachia (11/05/95) ... 69 (10)
9 . #525 . Vekic, Donna (28/06/96) ... 61 (6)
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 10:16 AM   #779
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Donna is playing against Nina Bratchikova in the semis.

Bratchikova is # 135.She is much more experienced than Donna, she has a lot of big matches played in her career and it would be a big surprise if Donna win this one.Donna never played against top 200 player if my memory serves me well.
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 01:17 PM   #780
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Donna Vekic def. Nina Bratchikova 2:0 /6:3 /6:2 /
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread