Donna Vekic - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2011, 06:33 PM   #61
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cro123456 View Post
She will move up the rankings like a comet after this win.
Great tournament. : )
Anyone have any idea just what "like a comet" might mean in terms of actual numbers? Rankings come out on Monday, right? Oh, congrats Donna, great job once again
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 4th, 2011, 06:42 PM   #62
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Great job Donna!!!It's very important for her to go up in the ranking because Roland Garros is very close and it would be very good to avoid the qualifications and first couple of seeded girls.I can't wait for her's debut at the grand slams!
okramb is online now View My Blog!  
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #63
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Anyone have any idea just what "like a comet" might mean in terms of actual numbers? Rankings come out on Monday, right? Oh, congrats Donna, great job once again
Around #52 (currently #81). That's a nice jump!

She'll also become the fourth-highest ranked player born in 1996 or later. She'll be the youngest of the four, meaning there are no players ranked higher than her who are younger. The next player younger than Donna is at #122.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 07:21 PM   #64
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

^^ This means she'll be the highest ranked Croatian junior (right?)!
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #65
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
^^ This means she'll be the highest ranked Croatian junior (right?)!
She already is! Njiric is #2, at #87.

Btw, Donna is playing in another G2 event, in the same city in South Africa, next week. She should be seeded #3, just like this week (the entry lists for the two events are practically identical).
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 09:46 PM   #66
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Donna
should be enough for a direct entry to RG!
Old Mar 5th, 2011, 11:44 PM   #67
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
Donna
Maybe.It's more than 2 months till RG but in junior competition there are only 64 players in the main draw,not 128 like at seniors.8 of that 64 players comes from qualifications,that means that 56 players comes directly in the main draw.When you add several of players with the wild card then you know that only about 50 or 52 players comes directly in the main draw.
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 12:37 AM   #68
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
Maybe.It's more than 2 months till RG but in junior competition there are only 64 players in the main draw,not 128 like at seniors.8 of that 64 players comes from qualifications,that means that 56 players comes directly in the main draw.When you add several of players with the wild card then you know that only about 50 or 52 players comes directly in the main draw.
Good point, okramb. So maybe RG main draw but definitely qualies.

By the way, Donna's ranking has gotten good enough that she'll only pick up points in singles at next week's G2 event if she reaches the SF.

If she manages that, she'll move into the top 50 (probably around #48). As the #3 seed, she should be able to reach the SF, but it's not guaranteed, of course. Good luck next week, Donna!
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 05:23 PM   #69
country flag networthy

The draw is out for the upcoming G2 in South Africa. Donna has a very nice chance to reach at least the QF. In R1, she plays Laura DEIGMAN (#238). The winner of that match will play the winner of a qualifier and a WC.
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 08:23 PM   #70
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

a re-match with lupu looms in the qf
i was hoping she would be in the top seed's half..i want her to get a shot at a top30 win (before she makes the top30 herself )
Old Mar 6th, 2011, 08:40 PM   #71
country flag okramb

I wish the best luck to Donna against Deigman.Deigman is 3 years older,same as Lupu,I hope the result will be the same but when the year difference is so big in junior tennis you never know how the match will turn on.Donna could have better draw for the first round my fingers are crossed!
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 12:55 AM   #72
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
By the way, Donna has now won her last eight singles matches in a row and 16 of her last 18.
Donna is up to ten single match wins in a row and 18 out of her last 20 (90%)!
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 01:50 PM   #73
country flag okramb

The new junior ranking is out,and Donna is #51-new career ranking high.Congratulations!!!
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #74
country flag ma re

^^
Old Mar 7th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #75
country flag croat123

6-1 6-1
plays le roux (wc) next
unseeded in the doubles (playing with korshvili..another pretty good 96 girl)