Donna Vekic - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 06:57 PM   #46
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Donna Vekic

In the QF, Donna beat Katy DUNNE, the #7 seed, 6-2 2-6 6-2

In the SF, she plays Sabina LUPU. Lupu is unseeded, but she beat the #1 seed in R1. By the way, Donna is the highest seed left in the SF (the other three players are #8 and two unseeded), so this is an excellent chance for her.

In the doubles QF, KORASHVILI/VEKIC beat the #4 seeds, 7-5 7-5. They now play the #2 seeds for a place in the final.

Good luck, Donna! Regardless, with these wins, she'll move up to a new CH ranking next week of around #65 (currently #81). And she's still so young!
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 2nd, 2011, 06:59 PM   #47
country flag cro123456

cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all

Donna Vekic(3) defeats. Katy Dunn(7) 6-2 2-6 6-2

Nice win again now she´s up to the semis against #151 of the junior ranking Sabina Lupu.

Seriously guys following her results I definatelyy think this is veery impressive for a 14 y.o.. I mean her previous 3 tournaments she either end up as the finalist twice or the winner once in those G3 events.
Now this one is G2 and she has a great opportunity to make the final again.
Anyway we´ll see a new career high next week.
I think she´s definately a girl with a bright future.
cro123456 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 12:16 AM   #48
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cro123456 View Post
Seriously guys following her results I definatelyy think this is veery impressive for a 14 y.o.. I mean her previous 3 tournaments she either end up as the finalist twice or the winner once in those G3 events.
One of those three events was actually a Grade 2. Also, in those three events, she won the doubles in one and reached the final of a second one but lost in a walkover.

By the way, Donna has now won her last eight singles matches in a row and 16 of her last 18.

She's definitely a very bright prospect for Croatian women's tennis!
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 03:43 AM   #49
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

i really hope she is ready for the strong g1/ga events that are coming up. if she can have a half-decent run at those, she's going to be doing awesome
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 03:47 AM   #50
country flag Payam

Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold

Yes it is too early to judge, but it is always fascinating to know of certain stars before they become really famous. I hope she can live up to the promise.
Payam is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 07:34 AM   #51
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Wonderful to see her in another semifinal! What I particularly like about Donna's results, is that they're not coming in patches, like, one nice result every few months. Her results come in strings, and that's a very important part of becoming a great player - being able to maintain a high level for extended periods of time. Sure, she's yet to prove herself on the biggest junior stages (I think she hasn't played a junior slam so far), but these results are encouraging. Similar (but even more impressive) strings of junior results were made by Lucic, while Tomljanovic had some, but only when she was about a year older than Donna is now (most of her junior results were "patchy"). But then, Iva Majoli has never had much of a junior career and neither have the Williams sisters so...

Anyway, good luck Donna, don't blow this chance in the semis!
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 10:53 AM   #52
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Don't be so sure in Donna's victory in this match.Her opponent maybe is unseeded but she is 3 years older than Donna and she already plays pro tennis so her junior ranking isn't so good as it was.The fact that she beat #1 seed is good reason for alarm.
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 04:35 PM   #53
country flag cro123456

cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all cro123456 is a name known to all

Victoryyy She beat Lupu 6-2 6-2.. holy moly 4th straight final.
Great job Donna, great job.
Unfortunately had a tough loss in doubles 1-6 6-2 11-9.
Anyway those are great results for Donna.
Now she´s playing 15y-o #252 Hannah king(USA)
Come on!!
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 04:50 PM   #54
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

wow...i thought lupu would be much tougher..great win!
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 05:18 PM   #55
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

I must say I was very sceptic but great victory.Btw why there is no thread about Borna Coric?
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 05:18 PM   #56
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

A really great win! Well done girl
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 05:22 PM   #57
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
Btw why there is no thread about Borna Coric?
Cause Borna is a "he" - wrong forum
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 05:32 PM   #58
country flag okramb

My mistake,I didn't realise this is just for women players...
Old Mar 3rd, 2011, 06:42 PM   #59
country flag networthy

Excellent win by Donna! It's too bad she lost in doubles but singles is where the big ranking points are. We can expect a nice jump in the rankings for Donna next week, to a new career-high (how crazy that some 14-year old girls already have careers!).
Old Mar 4th, 2011, 05:24 PM   #60
country flag cro123456

OMG! She won the final against King 7-5 6-4.
First G2 event win. God I´m so happy and proud of her, she really seems to be a promising girl.
She will move up the rankings like a comet after this win.
Great tournament. : )
Closed Thread