Donna Vekic - Page 330 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2013, 09:36 AM   #4936
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljubo car View Post
I do not understand some people here. This girl is Croatian, way more talented than Lucic or Sprem was. Be happy. I am, to see our girl into the sunday wta final. F..ck yourself loosers, you have a problem.
Maybe you weren't born when Mikica played at her teen years, 'cause such a statement can come only from someone who never saw her play at her best (about Sprem i completely agree), and i am happy every time Donna wins but i just can't see such a great game that everyone else is talking about (might just be that i' have some kind of tennis blindness)

Last edited by Bleeth : Jun 16th, 2013 at 09:45 AM.
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 16th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #4937
country flag ljubo car

ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeth View Post
Maybe you weren't born when Mikica played at her teen years, 'cause such a statement can come only from someone who never saw her play at her best (about Sprem i completely agree), and i am happy every time Donna wins but i just can't see such a great game that everyone else is talking about (might just be that i' have some kind of tennis blindness)
I was 13 years old when Mikica played her first Bol final against Morariu and watched every single Mikica match that was on croatian television. I even had 2 posters of her in my room. Those Bol tournaments were weaker than most 50's challengers today.
ljubo car is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #4938
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
This
I like how you can actually put forth valid points

I am sorry but I didn't see the word Anett mentioned once in there
My relationship with Anett is different: I like her on a personal level and on a nationalistic level: I know her and I am Estonian. My relationship with Donna is like mine with Putintseva: I only base it on her results and game. I like Donna's game, I think she is over-ranked and had a good draw, but I thought she showed incredible grit this week. If I am not allowed to say that then there is something fundamentally wrong with this forum given that half of Tennis Forum believes the same Just because she is 15 doesn't mean that she's not over-ranked Anyway, I don't give a shit if you hate me, but don't assume that everything I say is a troll comment when you know I haven't been trolling the whole year

And BTW, given the way Cirstea was playing, I think Anett would have beaten her

I am sorry, 1 out of the 32
And if Cirstea plays like she did against Stosur AO 12, then Donna wouldn't win, neither would have of the Top 10
Where did I say those things that are bold?

Over-ranked? OK, we have to discus that. Donna is what? 89? How is that over-ranked? Didn't she just beat 3 top 50 players (one of them is even top 25) in 4 days? How on Earth is she over-ranked if she is #89 and beats 3 top 50 players in a few days...maybe under-ranked...

Wouldn't you expect that over-ranked player drop her ranking at some point (like Safina or Wozniacki drop)? Like people expected from Donna after she would lost her Taskent points...people were saying something like: Oh, yes she is top 100, top 90, whatever but she will not be there for a long time when she lost her "easy" gained points in Taskent...Well obviously that she will stay in top 100 and even be top 70.

I don't know, you gave no proof that she is over-ranked. As I sad, I would expect from a over-ranked player to drop in rankings at some point and I certainly wouldn't expect of over-ranked player to beat better ranked players than herself on regular basis...
okramb is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #4939
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I was 13 years old when Mikica played her first Bol final against Morariu and watched every single Mikica match that was on croatian television. I even had 2 posters of her in my room. Those Bol tournaments were weaker than most 50's challengers today.
Is Bol only tournament worth of mention from that time?

As I recall she played final in Strasbourg against Graf when she was 15. Or you are trying to say that Strasbourg is also weaker than 50's challengers. Also she played Wimbledon semi-final when she was 17 (lost to Graf 2-1) on the way to semis she beat Seles...

I think Donna is very talented but more talented than Lucic? Hmmmm...I don't know, it's difficult to compare 2 players from different times. Tennis is not the same as it was 15 years ago.
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #4940
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

I just did a little math - even if Donna doesn't win today, she is sure to finish the year inside top 130; if she does win today it's 120 and if after that she also wins a round in Wimbledon it's a guaranteed top 100 even if she doesn't play any more matches for the rest of the year. Not bad
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #4941
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well Mirjana beat top 10 player in Bol, Amanda Coetzer, in her first ever pro tournament, do you honestly think Donna could do the same now?
In which challenger do you see top 10 players today or in the past?
Mirjana was special talent, one that doesn't come up very often but we all know what happened in her life later.
It's fantastic that she can still play this good after so much inactivity during most crucial years of tenis development.
I think you're just a bit subjective, otherwise I agree with everything else you have said.

Donna is also special talent and should certainly have much better career than Lucic bc everything is in its place for her.
Also Donna is so determened and focused which is very impressive for such a young girl.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 10:40 AM   #4942
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
Where did I say those things that are bold?

Over-ranked? OK, we have to discus that. Donna is what? 89? How is that over-ranked? Didn't she just beat 3 top 50 players (one of them is even top 25) in 4 days? How on Earth is she over-ranked if she is #89 and beats 3 top 50 players in a few days...maybe under-ranked...

Wouldn't you expect that over-ranked player drop her ranking at some point (like Safina or Wozniacki drop)? Like people expected from Donna after she would lost her Taskent points...people were saying something like: Oh, yes she is top 100, top 90, whatever but she will not be there for a long time when she lost her "easy" gained points in Taskent...Well obviously that she will stay in top 100 and even be top 70.

I don't know, you gave no proof that she is over-ranked. As I sad, I would expect from a over-ranked player to drop in rankings at some point and I certainly wouldn't expect of over-ranked player to beat better ranked players than herself on regular basis...
Her rank now is appropriate but the rank she will become is not. Also the players she beat are also over-ranked except occasionally Cirstea.

I wasn't talking to you in particular but everyone in this thread because no one here likes me

Donna has impressed me and that can easily be seen by my more positive recent posts but I still stand by some of my fundamental views and the vast majority of you think I am a troll for that

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #4943
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Donna practicing ATM on C1: https://twitter.com/AegonClassic/sta...761728/photo/1
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #4944
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

Donna is not over-ranked. At the moment i just don't see that many great players on the WTA. There are maybe 20 players that are obviously better but other than that there are a lot of similar players who can all be competitive with each other so even if she would be top 50 right now i couldn't say she is over-ranked.

Vekic and Cilic we'll be on the court at the same time, i hate watching 2 streams at once. (maybe it will rain in Birmingham til Cilera finishes )

Last edited by Bleeth : Jun 16th, 2013 at 11:07 AM.
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #4945
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeth View Post
Donna is not over-ranked. At the moment i just don't see that many great players on the WTA. There are maybe 20 players that are obviously better but other than that there are a lot of similar players who can all be competitive with each other so even if she would be top 50 right now i couldn't say she is over-ranked.

Vekic and Cilic we'll be on the court at the same time, i hate watching 2 streams at once. (maybe it will rain in Birmingham til Cilera finishes )
Of course she is not over ranked. We all know there is just 3 great players at the moment, the rest of them are interchangeable. Besides who can really subjectively decide the players ranking, it is not like any one can claim they have watched every singles match on tour this year.
guichard is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #4946
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

It's kind of funny to say that a girl who is under age eligibility restrictions is "overranked". She is limited to the amount of tournaments she can play, unlike everyone else in the Top 100.
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #4947
country flag okramb

Quote:
Her rank now is appropriate but the rank she will become is not. Also the players she beat are also over-ranked except occasionally Cirstea.

I wasn't talking to you in particular but everyone in this thread because no one here likes me

Donna has impressed me and that can easily be seen by my more positive recent posts but I still stand by some of my fundamental views and the vast majority of you think I am a troll for that
Why? It's not like she will become top 10 player next Monday. Then I would also say she is over-ranked because she is not top 10 level for now. But she will be somewhere around #63 spot if she lose the final. And she will still be lower ranked then a couple of players she beat this week.
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #4948
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
It's kind of funny to say that a girl who is under age eligibility restrictions is "overranked". She is limited to the amount of tournaments she can play, unlike everyone else in the Top 100.
Yup it shows a lack of understanding of how the ranking works.
guichard is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #4949
country flag okramb

Quote:

I can agree with you that there are better players that are currently ranked lower than Donna, but there are also players that are ranked better then Donna but they are not better players. And if we calculated those pluses and minuses we'll finish at the same ranking for Donna.

Ranking system is something like democracy- it's not perfect but it's the best and for now the only way to measure tennis professionals. It's like IQ test-not perfect but only way to measure somebody's intelligence.
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #4950
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you guys really debating if Donna is overranked or not at this moment of her career?
No wonder she says people don't like her here.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread