Donna Vekic - Page 329 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #4921
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
there was one week in 1997 where miki won in bol and majoli won in germany
i also think we had a week where ancic and ljubicic were both in finals, but i can't remember an atp/wta finals combo (maybe iva and goran did it at some point between 1993 and 1997??)
I was thinking the same, Majoli was the last one to win the title in Charleston against Patty Schnyder I think, so if something like that happened, it must have happened in that period between 93' and 97'. I don't feel like searching the internet, I'm just so happy that I wanna treasure the momment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #4922
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Well done for taking advantage
I know you all hate me and will when I say this, but this was a very simplistic draw except for maybe U-Rad who she simply outplayed
I would concentrate on actually winning this tournament which she really could/should do and then think about Wimbledon

If she draws a Top 32 seed, I don't see her winning...

And Donna won't get/doesn't deserve a subforum
When there are plenty of Top 30/40 Players without them, she won't get one

She doesn't even need one anyway
There aren't that many videos of her...
I don't get it..I really don't...

Everybody on this forum knows that your favorite player is Anett, or she is one of the favorite players. So, what I don't get it is why do you trashing Donna so much? Should we compare them? Anett is even older. OK, just half a year but she is older. And where is she? What kind of tournaments does she play? You underestimate Taskent, but Taskent is WTA level liked you that fact or not. As I see it, Anett is still playing 10 000 and 25 000 K's. You can't be serious if you are trying to proof that that 25 000 K in Moscow is stronger then Taskent?!

Simplistic draw? What do you expect in Birmingham? Serena? Sharapova? Vika? There was Flipkens, Ula, Cirstea, Lisicki, Schiavone, Makarova, Paszek...it's not Donna's fault that they all lost and she didn't. I would like to see Anett vs. Cirstea. No matter what surface...grass, clay...

Donna is 16. Just 16!!! And she has 2 WTA finals under her belt. No matter where does those WTA tournaments are played but they are WTA tournaments!

A little bit of a respect wouldn't harm you...

Last edited by okramb : Jun 15th, 2013 at 10:47 PM.
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #4923
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

^ Boom! goes the dynamite.
RU90 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #4924
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #4925
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

Dan Doe wrote that Donna must be better than he thought, i would say that she is better than i see. She somehow wins all these matches, has fantastic results and i still don't see what everyone else is seeing. Serve is good that's gotta be said, it's a nice weapon and it's hard to play against Donna if she has a high 1st serve %. Good return but it's like when the point develops on the level terms for a few shots she's having a hard time imposing herself as a dominant one and finish the point with an easy winner. Groundstrokes are good and pretty reliable from both wings but as i see it not good enough (or maybe "heavy" is a better choice of word) to set her as a dominant player in most relies (not sure is it the lack of power, top spin or just 'cause her play seems very predictable). Volleying, dropshots and overheads i better not mention 'cause even when they do happen (which is pretty rare) more often than not it would be better they didn't happen. No doubt i'll be called a troll now, but if writing your view on things is trolling than i guess i'm a troll. Someone wrote she 's better than Laura and Madison right now, i have to disagree 'cause i see Keys as the 2nd biggest talent to watch for (right after Konjuh.), she's not consistent yet but she has the ability to dominate. If Donna is better than her right now than no sweat for Croatian tennis, 'cause Donna will be a sure top 5 for a number of years to come. Of course i'm happy with every win for Croatian tennis, and i wish she wins a grand slam one day and proves me completely wrong (i mean if the types of Safina, Jankovic and Wozniack were no.1 than nothing is stopping Donna to achieve the same). It's gotta be said that i did not take under consideration her age, i just wrote what i see right now and she will no doubt improve in many departments through the years but weather that'll be enough to make her a true champion or just a very good WTA 10-30 that's yet to be seen.
Bleeth is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #4926
country flag Vikkiri.

Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post

Everybody on this forum knows that your favorite player is Anett, or she is one of the favorite players. So, what I don't get it is why are you trashing Donna so much? Should we compare them? Anett is even older. OK, just half a year but she is older. And where is she? What kind of tournaments does she play? You underestimate Taskent, but Taskent is WTA level liked you that fact or not. As I see it, Anett is still playing 10 000 and 25 000 K's. You can't be serious if you are trying to proof that that 25 000 K in Moscow is stronger then Taskent?!

Simplistic draw? What do you expect in Birmingham? Serena? Sharapova? Vika? There was Flipkens, Ula, Cirstea, Lisicki, Schiavone, Makarova, Paszek...it's not Donna's fault that they all lost and she didn't. I would like to see Anett vs. Cirstea. No matter what surface...grass, clay...

Donna is 16. Just 16!!! And she has 2 WTA finals under her belt. No matter where does those WTA tournaments are played but they are WTA tournaments!

totally agree with you.
It's already amazing for Donna, she's probably one of the most promising girl on the tour, she's only 16 (17 soon). Don't be negative about Donna, cause no one at the moment could do something better than her, she's still so young people!
Vikkiri. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #4927
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Donna is showing consistency and maturity as many older players than her do not have and ever will.
Simply amazing for her age!

In match against Riske, Donna would be favorite...it would be match for first title for both of them, but Donna is much better ranked than Riske (who is 164th). But Riske is obviously very tricky as she beat Lisicki! Also, she played one SF her in Birmingham I think.
And Hanutchova...she is 60th in the moment, far away from her best form. She is searching her best this year, much oscillations. But she has tons of expirience more than Donna. I mean, she made became pro in 1999. which means she had to started at least 5,6 years which furthermore means she has started to play tennis before Donna was born! Daniela has so much experience, titles, finals, grand slam SF, matches against all biggest stars of WTA of last one, two, even 3 generations in last 15 years!
Also, is better ranked...with all those facts no one can ignore that she is actually much bigger favorite...But all this doesn't have to mean anything at the court tomorrow. It is Donna the one who has nothing to lose so just enjoy your best career week Donna (beating 3 top 50 players, something she didn't do in Taskhent).

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #4928
country flag Alwaysfan

Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future

Well said
Alwaysfan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #4929
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Donna!
Amazing tournament!

Keep making some posters here turn green!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #4930
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
One rain delay later...

In Birmingham they should measure the matches in rain delays instead of sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
but I'd say it's safe to assume she learned a lot, not just about the game (first time competing on grass), but also about herself. She coped exceptionally well with numerous rain delays and kept her focus in tough conditions. Today we at least saw what it takes to shatter that focus, and it's not an easy thing to do, which is encouraging.
If there was one thing the Romanian commentator was most impressed by, it was the maturity of Donna on the court. She has such a steady head on her shoulders.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 12:14 AM   #4931
country flag ljubo car

ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light ljubo car is a glorious beacon of light

I do not understand some people here. This girl is Croatian, way more talented than Lucic or Sprem was. Be happy. I am, to see our girl into the sunday wta final. F..ck yourself loosers, you have a problem.
ljubo car is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 02:52 AM   #4932
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

anyone know how good Daniela Hantuchova played today ?

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 03:05 AM   #4933
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't watch the Hantuchova/Riske match after the rain delay, but Hantuchova has been playing well all week. I think her experience might be too much for Donna.

But I'd love to be proven wrong
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 03:13 AM   #4934
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
Donna is showing consistency and maturity as many older players than her do not have and ever will.
Simply amazing for her age!

In match against Riske, Donna would be favorite...it would be match for first title for both of them, but Donna is much better ranked than Riske (who is 164th). But Riske is obviously very tricky as she beat Lisicki! Also, she played one SF her in Birmingham I think.
And Hanutchova...she is 60th in the moment, far away from her best form. She is searching her best this year, much oscillations. But she has tons of expirience more than Donna. I mean, she made became pro in 1999. which means she had to started at least 5,6 years which furthermore means she has started to play tennis before Donna was born! Daniela has so much experience, titles, finals, grand slam SF, matches against all biggest stars of WTA of last one, two, even 3 generations in last 15 years!
Also, is better ranked...with all those facts no one can ignore that she is actually much bigger favorite...But all this doesn't have to mean anything at the court tomorrow. It is Donna the one who has nothing to lose so just enjoy your best career week Donna (beating 3 top 50 players, something she didn't do in Taskhent).

This
I like how you can actually put forth valid points

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post

Everybody on this forum knows that your favorite player is Anett, or she is one of the favorite players. So, what I don't get it is why do you trashing Donna so much? Should we compare them? Anett is even older. OK, just half a year but she is older. And where is she? What kind of tournaments does she play? You underestimate Taskent, but Taskent is WTA level liked you that fact or not. As I see it, Anett is still playing 10 000 and 25 000 K's. You can't be serious if you are trying to proof that that 25 000 K in Moscow is stronger then Taskent?!

I am sorry but I didn't see the word Anett mentioned once in there
My relationship with Anett is different: I like her on a personal level and on a nationalistic level: I know her and I am Estonian. My relationship with Donna is like mine with Putintseva: I only base it on her results and game. I like Donna's game, I think she is over-ranked and had a good draw, but I thought she showed incredible grit this week. If I am not allowed to say that then there is something fundamentally wrong with this forum given that half of Tennis Forum believes the same Just because she is 15 doesn't mean that she's not over-ranked Anyway, I don't give a shit if you hate me, but don't assume that everything I say is a troll comment when you know I haven't been trolling the whole year

And BTW, given the way Cirstea was playing, I think Anett would have beaten her

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Yeah, she'd have no chance against Cirstea...
I am sorry, 1 out of the 32
And if Cirstea plays like she did against Stosur AO 12, then Donna wouldn't win, neither would have of the Top 10

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Last edited by chingching : Jun 16th, 2013 at 03:19 AM.
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 06:44 AM   #4935
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched the third set of Hantuchova - Riske and well... Daniela didn't really have to do all that much. Important points were given to her on a silver platter as Riske can give away quite a few. For the first half of the set Riske kept her own and they were really deadlocked, both serving well and keeping most of the points short. Daniela of course doesn't mind a longer rally, cause that's when her strenghts (putting up a great pace first and foremost) are put to best use. Riske on the net was pretty useless and she made some of her biggest mistakes by coming forward. She also didn't pressure Daniela nearly enough to make her uncomfortable as a good mover like DH didn't have any problem getting to most of them. Difference in experience was obvious of course, mostly in the shot selection department, but overall I wasn't really impressed by either.

I say that if Donna can put up a good resistance today and stay toe to toe with Daniela for long enough, she does have a shot, given her own mental strenght and Hantuchova's frailty in the same department. She can outserve Hantuchova and also give her legs some serious run for the money. She can also hit much harder than Riske IMO so we'll see how the Slovakian copes in that situation. On her best, she can take sets off the likes of Sharapova, but she is not there at the moment so overall I really do see Donna as a serious contender here. Yes, she'll probably be a bit nervous (although I'd assume much less than in the Tashkent final), but she's got a real challenge ahead and she does love a good challenge. Needless to say that taking out Hantuchova on grass would be one hell of an achievement.

Ajmo Donna
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread