Donna Vekic - Page 328 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #4906
country flag LittlestThing

LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Donna Vekic

I sense negative thoughts on this page

Let's just enjoy this week and we'll think about her future and compare her to other players next week
LittlestThing is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #4907
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlestThing View Post
I sense negative thoughts on this page

Let's just enjoy this week and we'll think about her future and compare her to other players next week
I keep underrating Donna for whatever reason, but she's obviously better than I think. My subconscious have to deal with it
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #4908
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Can't say if it's Paszek or Larcher de Brito, but oh God, they both failed miserably afterwards, didn't they?
Then again, I know one that was much better than Donna and still failed miserably, and that's Vaidisova, who already had 5 wta titles under her belt by the time she was Donna's age. Actually she already had 2 of them at Ana's age. Definitely the best teenager after Sharapova and the last wunderkid of wta. And she won Tashkent at 15
Oh, and guess who was she coached by?

Oops, I was a bit late
Ah, now I remember, David Felgate was her coach,is that a bad sign?
Edit: I just found out that Donna had 91% of first serves in 3rd set until the last game

Last edited by yenac : Jun 15th, 2013 at 05:33 PM.
yenac is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #4909
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Donna would do very well to accomplish what Wozniacki did in her late teenage years (top-10, Grand Slam final). Caro was the last "early-bloomer" in the WTA.

I would love for Donna to grab this title. She's been playing well this week and deserves it!
RU90 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #4910
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

the other semi might not finish today. they are on serve in the first, but in a long rain delay. hope it's sunny tomorrow and that donna can take advantage
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #4911
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

First of all, a big thank you to our loyal friend Miss Rain, for sticking by and doing what she does best for another afternoon. Without her help things might've ended very differently indeed. Jokes aside, rain really did play a big part in this match, but that doesn't take away much from Donna's effort and she definately needs to be congratulated on one of the best wins of her short career.

Donna overall played a very good match, but I have a sense Rybarikova will be bitterly disappointed not to have won anyway. In the first set Donna may not have played her best tennis, and she said that in an on-court interview after the win, but she was wonderfully focused and determined to match her opponent. She wasn't really agressive enough and she was rarely going for some serious angles, but it turned out to be enough anyway. It was a good set of tennis from Donna.

Another set, another story, some tricky line calls, some close misses at tight points, some close encounters with possible injuries (that near slip) and a great, focused play from the opponent were enough to diverge Donna's thought pattern and send her concentration into another realm. As suggested before, the scoreline looked much more brutal than the match actually looked on court, but since it's the important points that you have to win to do great things, soon enough Donna was in serious trouble. I had a sense she not only lost concentration, but also eased off on her shots compared to the previous set, which allowed Rybarikova to dicatate the game and force quite a lot of errors. Donna's serve falling apart certainly didn't help.

One rain delay later and we're in another match completely. Donna obviously made the most of this break and managed to calm her mind and setup her game again. Serve came back in a big way, and soon it was obvious Rybarikova won't be able to do much under the circumstances. That last set was really great to observe how much of a difference a focused player can bring to the court.

I think we can all be more than happy with this week, cause Donna not only got a lot of points (just today the same amount as for winning a 50k challenger), but I'd say it's safe to assume she learned a lot, not just about the game (first time competing on grass), but also about herself. She coped exceptionally well with numerous rain delays and kept her focus in tough conditions. Today we at least saw what it takes to shatter that focus, and it's not an easy thing to do, which is encouraging. Tomorrow will be super exciting. I have a feeling we have a right to hope for a sensation, call it a hunch or a gut feeling if you want. I wonder if we'll find out the opponent today or not. Hantuchova definately sounds intimidating at this point, with everything she's done on grass, but I hope, whoever it is, Donna just goes out there and gives it her all. She deserves to win and a title is just what her confidence needs when it comes to appearances in the finals. Hope Lady Luck doesn't let us down now
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #4912
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Riske takes the first 7:5
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #4913
country flag nectar69

nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold nectar69 is a splendid one to behold

Donna played great! Her game is coming along. I think she will win the final no matter who she plays, and she could be a darkhorse at Wimbledon. I actualy think with the right draw she could get to the quarters or so and become the darling of this year's Wimbledon!
nectar69 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #4914
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

Really tough match. When she won the match, I really felt excited as well.
Rybarikova is really good at defense. It's hard for Donna to win this match.
Next round she will face another nice grass player.
If it will be Riske, she is just like Oudin last year from Q to Final. Really crazy state.
If it will be Hantuchova, she is more experienced than Donna.
But Donna also has a good state. Believe her and really want to see her 1st title.
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #4915
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

Well,Čilić entered the final in Queens, I don't remember anything similar to that, 2 Croats in ATP and WTA finals on same week
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #4916
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Well done for taking advantage
I know you all hate me and will when I say this, but this was a very simplistic draw except for maybe U-Rad who she simply outplayed
I would concentrate on actually winning this tournament which she really could/should do and then think about Wimbledon

If she draws a Top 32 seed, I don't see her winning...

And Donna won't get/doesn't deserve a subforum
When there are plenty of Top 30/40 Players without them, she won't get one

She doesn't even need one anyway
There aren't that many videos of her...
no trolling please lets just calm down and enjoy this moment
Svizac is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #4917
country flag yenac

Well she is playing Hantuchova tomorrow, she'll be the favourite, great groundstrokes, serve, nice volleys, with her performance from the second and third set, Daniela could be too much for Donna.
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #4918
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

i was kind of hoping for hantuchova...
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #4919
country flag croat123

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenac View Post
Well,Čilić entered the final in Queens, I don't remember anything similar to that, 2 Croats in ATP and WTA finals on same week
there was one week in 1997 where miki won in bol and majoli won in germany
i also think we had a week where ancic and ljubicic were both in finals, but i can't remember an atp/wta finals combo (maybe iva and goran did it at some point between 1993 and 1997??)
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #4920
country flag yenac

I don't know, like someone said, in Tashkent we were all praying that Begu defeats Ula, and then she had 74% of first serve and won straight sets, nobody can know what will hapen. The most important thing is that Donna ends this match tomorrow( winning or losing) with no regrets,knowing that she did her best.
Closed Thread