Donna Vekic - Page 309 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #4621
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenac View Post
In words of our famous sports commentator: ''Sorana,hasta la vista, Donna semifinalista''
Ma koji je to ?
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #4622
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

She had 126 points coming off her ranking between June 25th and after the US Open, she covered it this week.
guichard is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #4623
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly I can see grass being Donna's best surface. She has a big serve and flat groundstrokes, she can definitely be dangerous.
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #4624
country flag Alwaysfan

Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future

Donnaaaa! So happy!!
Alwaysfan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #4625
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeth View Post
Ma koji je to ?
I don't know if you're kidding me, but I'll answer it anyway, Drago Ćosić
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #4626
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

she'll play doubles qualifying at wimbledon with Bratchikova bratchikova doesn't appear to be in very good form though. i wonder how this pairing came about.
great idea to get a few matches in next week without it counting against her age restrictions
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #4627
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Now that was one rock solid performance by Donna, well done girl!

Did she just beat world number 24? That surely sounds impressive for a 16 y.o. these days. Yes, Sorana was unrecognizable today and was basically on a self-destruct mode from very early on, but Donna showed great focus in quite horrible circumstances and the ability to control her level of tennis in a match like an experienced pro. She pretty much didn't try to do a lot of the extraordinary, but instead went for just enough to make a win. It's refreshing to find someone on the WTA tour who is able to play a match without going through five million meltdowns. Serve was working wonders today, groundstrokes were very useful and overall she pressured her opponent too much to let this one slip away.

Tomorrow she could again face Rybarikova, who is a set up at the moment and we all know she already defeated her once before. Conditions will be different this time around though. Donna is certainly better than a year ago and she obviously feels great on grass (but then again, Rybarikova loves grass too). If she can focus her mind on tennis I think she can win, but this is already beyond my expectations for the week. New c-h ranking is coming up on Monday!
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #4628
country flag Spencer.
Backhand Pays the Bills

Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute Spencer. has a reputation beyond repute
So happy for Donna! I'll get to watch her on tv too, which is better than a bad Internet stream

I hope she faces Magda
Both are great on grass!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Spencer. is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 04:02 PM   #4629
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

What a sensational performance by Donna
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #4630
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute
A great win today in difficult circumstances with all the delays.

I've been to the Birmingham tournament once and they do seem to be cursed with bad weather in this week. It rained part of the day when I went and the temperature was certainly not summery. Another year I had a ticket but didn't even bother travelling there because the forecast was so bad. A shame because it's a beautiful club and a good one for fans.

Despite the rain today they still seem to be reasonably on track and Donna is handling it well.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #4631
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenac View Post
I don't know if you're kidding me, but I'll answer it anyway, Drago Ćosić
I seriously never heard of that one, on which event did Drago say that ?
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #4632
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
she'll play doubles qualifying at wimbledon with Bratchikova bratchikova doesn't appear to be in very good form though. i wonder how this pairing came about.
great idea to get a few matches in next week without it counting against her age restrictions
Interesting. She said a couple of months ago she sucks in doubles. And Bratchikova sucks at everything. Interesting.. Wish she played with Ajla.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #4633
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

so it will be Rybarikova tomorrow
guichard is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #4634
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

She already beat Rybarikova in Tashkent
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #4635
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

vekic/tomljanovic would be a great team on grass...