Donna Vekic - Page 286 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 26th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #4276
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Shame she didn't take one of those BP's for 5:5, but considering Burdette has been in good form lately and that this is Donna's worst surface, it's not a disaster. I'm certain she'll be better on grass, and especially on the US Open Series afterwards. What's more worrisome is the fact that she is at just 282 points won this year and we've reached the middle of the season. Currently in the rankings she has around 800 points, which means that unless she does much better in the 2nd half of the season than in the 1st we're in for a bumpy ride until the end of 2013, with slim chances of being ranked better than she is now by the year's end. Of course, we can't be too harsh on her, because the next girl born in 1996 is roughly 100 ranking spots behind Donna (A. Barty at 185), but things should definately improve in the following months.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #4277
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Not really a surprising result, Burdette had some good results in the clay season. Too bad Donna couldn't take it to a third
Old May 26th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #4278
country flag SurfingPikachu

SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold SurfingPikachu is a splendid one to behold

Of course a little disappointed. But also look forward to her grass season. Come on!
Old May 26th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #4279
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

not much to say, two defeats in Clay and the season is over, move on to grass and hard court
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 28th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #4280
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Donna Vekic ‏@DonnaVekic 6h

Au revoir Paris, its been a very productive week #clayseasonoverrrr #WOOP

vladekCRO is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 28th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #4281
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 28th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #4282
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

Quote:

she better makes her presence felt next year
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #4283
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Old May 29th, 2013, 08:12 AM   #4284
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

What's with all the reactions to her tweet - she earned more than most of her compatriots do in a whole year by bombing out in R1; I wouldn't mind being that productive
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #4285
country flag Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

That's not the right attitude. It is clear that she went with a defeatist mindset there and has the same one as it comes to clay. She will have to deal with that surface in the upcoming years. I just have no idea why didn't her team decide to play an ITF event on clay rather than that useless Istanbul one.
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #4286
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

Quote:

she was being sarcastic
Svizac is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #4287
country flag yenac

yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice yenac is just really nice

When you don't believe that you can do some damage on one of the surfaces, you' re not focused. And she was more thinking about going on soccer matches and eating in fancy restaurants from the start of the clay season. I know that her mind set will be lot better in Birmingham and Wimbledon because she said that Wimbledon is her favourite tournament last year in an interview. Let's hope she can make one win
yenac is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #4288
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Светльо View Post
That's not the right attitude. It is clear that she went with a defeatist mindset there and has the same one as it comes to clay.
Maybe that's a drawback of training in Britain where most players seem to have that attitude to clay.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 29th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #4289
country flag ma re

Well, most players have a favorite as well as a least favorite surface. Some even suck majorly on all expect one so, taking into consideration Donna's age, I wouldn't worry so much about problems on one of the surfaces. She still has A TON of time to develop her game and I'm sure even her claycourt skills will improve soon. She is still in the lower tiers of top 100 and only 16 y.o. so I'd cut her some slack about this. Soon she'll be playing her first ever professional grasscourt event, which will be interesting to follow (she does have a QF of junior Wimbledon).
Old May 30th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #4290
country flag Svizac

Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all Svizac is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Soon she'll be playing her first ever professional grasscourt event, which will be interesting to follow (she does have a QF of junior Wimbledon).
Good point ma re. I expect both her and Lucic to do well in grass season.
Svizac is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread