Donna Vekic - Page 263 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #3931
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfingPikachu View Post
Donna's official website updated:
Schedule: Istanbul- Madrid- French Open
I wish she'd play another clay event warm up. Couldn't she just play an ITF on clay? If she wants to improve as a claycourter she's going to have to play more events on it. She really had no choice about playing Madrid as it was her last chance to use a merited increase, so it would be really silly to not play there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyqld View Post
Melanie Oudin got one.
I'm assuming Melanie got one in 2009, and the rules seem to be stricter now than they were four years ago. Donna won't get a forum yet. That being said I nominated her anyway.

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #3932
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Donna will get a forum one day

As BlueTrees said, I think it's a bad schedule. There are loads of clay court events she can get into. It's her weakest surface, which is only more reason to play these events.
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #3933
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
She won't get one... She basically needs Top 30 and a significant event, both of which she doesn't have
I thought the rule used to be the player had to have won a WTA title before they got a forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyqld View Post
Melanie Oudin got one.
Melanie won Birmingham and US Open Mixed Doubles. Although I think you're right, she got her forum before that, I guess when she made her USO QF run.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #3934
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Hsieh Su-Wei doesn't have one
Kaia only got one last year from immense pressure.
They have made the rules stricter because I don't think the database can handle too many sub-forums
She will get one one day
Also to have a sub-forum there has to be enough stuff around like highlights, photos etc. and with Donna being a Junior that hasn't really happened yet
In due course though, In Due Course

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #3935
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
I thought the rule used to be the player had to have won a WTA title before they got a forum.
Robson has one. But then again, her threads are by far the most active part of the GB section. Sloane also has one without a title or a comparable amount of activity, but making a GS semi final is probably more significant.

Quote:
Melanie won Birmingham and US Open Mixed Doubles. Although I think you're right, she got her forum before that, I guess when she made her USO QF run.
Anne Keothavong had a forum until early this year. The rules for subforum creation have certainly changed since this place was set up, which isn't a bad thing.

Should Donna have her own subforum? I'm not sure. This thread's certainly more active than Heather's was and Donna's not achieved much less than the likes of Laura, especially when you take into account her age. However, Laura has had the coverage and attention that Donna has for years now so giving her a subsection wasn't much of a gamble, she's going to get enough traffic in her subsection to make having it worthwhile. Donna's hot now, but for all we know she could end up like Melanie Oudin and drop off the radar by the end of the year. I hope not, both because I like Donna and because I think that people like Donna (i.e. young blood that's doing well) are needed for the health of the tour.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 01:39 AM   #3936
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
I wish she'd play another clay event warm up. Couldn't she just play an ITF on clay? If she wants to improve as a claycourter she's going to have to play more events on it. She really had no choice about playing Madrid as it was her last chance to use a merited increase, so it would be really silly to not play there.

I'm assuming Melanie got one in 2009, and the rules seem to be stricter now than they were four years ago. Donna won't get a forum yet. That being said I nominated her anyway.
She probably doesn't have room for another clay event. She already played 8 tournaments + merited increases(US Open, AO, Miami and Madrid in few weeks). If you had Istanbul, FO and Wimbledon you are up to 11 out of 12. I imagine she wants to play a grass tournament before Wimbledon.
guichard is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 05:30 AM   #3937
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

I meant she should've played a clay ITF instead of a hard court ITF in Istanbul.
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 06:39 AM   #3938
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone checked what the surface will be in Madrid this year?
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 08:25 AM   #3939
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Red clay.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 08:36 AM   #3940
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
Red clay.
Thanks. I thought so, cause that's what organisers were announcing last year (probable switch back to red clay).
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 01:31 PM   #3941
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
I meant she should've played a clay ITF instead of a hard court ITF in Istanbul.
Yeah but it looks like she doesn't want to. But yes she should have...
guichard is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #3942
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Or maybe Donna just doesn't have big expectations from clay season
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #3943
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Cousin lovin #shessocute

CLAY SEASON WOOP WOOP ��

She looks quite enthusiastic about clay season though

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #3944
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

500 followers on #instagram say whaaaaaat #pardy @charlifa

Chilling at 3 am #jetlag 🙅💃😴

Players #party with Mariachi!! #mexico che chere cheeee

#tbt if I'm tired I shall sleep #tubenaps #london

Dinner with some random Chinese people, why not. #miami #tbone 🍴👌😍

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #3945
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

I have never seen that many free seats on the tube before.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread