Donna Vekic - Page 259 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:15 PM   #3871
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Re: Donna Vekic

chance is fading away, broken in the 2nd set again
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:19 PM   #3872
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSharp View Post
But Donna is huge talent. One of the biggest in last few years. She has all chances to enter top 50 this year.
She sure is a talent, but "huge" is such a big word, when i read that i think of Seles, Capriati, Hingis, Serena etc. I just don't see anything in her game that would make her that great. It's not about climbing on the WTA rankings list this year, it's about becoming a serious contender for winning a grand slam in the future, and i'm not so sure she will (will be very happy if she proves me wrong). On the other hand Jankovic and Wozniacki were no.1 in the world so Donna winning a grand slams wouldn't be a miracle.
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:19 PM   #3873
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope Donna can at least stay close in second set.
She is clearly not able to impose her game on Radwanska who is too solid and sure in her strokes.
I think it's clear we can't expect from Donna to beat such players yet.
Maybe next year.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:33 PM   #3874
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

well surely much of the prospect would depend on her determination to improve her game, again, Donna is so young, she has TONS of years ahead
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:37 PM   #3875
country flag TimeyWimey

but i have to admit i'm slightly disappointed so far.....
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:39 PM   #3876
country flag TimeyWimey

lost 4 and 1
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:42 PM   #3877
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Donna any news on where she plays next?

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:52 PM   #3878
country flag volume3d

volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold

I can see her having big problems on clay with this type of game

Ula was very good today but Donna's moving was very very bad and that bad call at the end of fist set was very unfortunate

At the beginning of this match commentator said that Donna is very interested in fashion, parties , media , giving interviews there in Mexico and stuff like that ... I'm afraid that Donna feels like some top20 played because of all this attention she gets lol That's why these lost matches against BMS, Vesnina and Ula might help her realize that she has a lot of work in front of her to improve her game , media attention doesn't mean anything

EDIT
Bad day for our girls lol

Lucic 2nd set 16
Tereza 16 16
Donna 2nd set 16

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:57 PM   #3879
ajmo!

ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future ajmo! has a brilliant future

Still far from top50 tennis. But ok, she won a round. Gl in next event
ajmo! is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 01:58 AM   #3880
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Was hoping for a better scoreline Still a good tournament, at least she won her first round.
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #3881
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

A little disppointed the score couldn't have been closer, but it's still a valuable step in Donna's learning path. As I didn't see the match I can't really comment on much, however based on what you guys say it seems like the match wasn't anything we haven't seen already from Donna - too slow, too passive...kind of expected. I wonder what are their plans for up until RG, cause it's a tricky part of the season for her, but she should definately play at least another event this month as she hasn't played a whole lot this year. This was her 10th Tour match this season and she'll have to do better in terms of point accumulation cause it's already early April and she is at 221 point. It means that if she'd continue at the same pace she'd end the year with under 900 points and ranked around #70 - that ain't bad but it's far from where she'd like to be.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #3882
country flag Alwaysfan

Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future

Dont be cruel with her. She is a newcomer and still the youngest in years to reach top 100 etc.
She will fight for the last rounds of GS soon!!
Kisses princess Donna
Alwaysfan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #3883
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

She can play four tournaments + GS before birthday in june? Nothing on schedule yet...
juan pablo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #3884
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Donna

Ignore the media and work on your tennis.
Royals. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #3885
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Well I can see that some people started to trash Donna after yesterday's match...

Like we didn't watch the same match. Donna didn't played so bad like some of the posters say. Yes, result in the 2nd set looks bad but it's not everything like it seems.

First of all , in the last game of the 1st set it was 5-4 and Ursula was serving for the set. It was 40-0 when Donna suddenly started to play some very, very good points, she hit 3 winners in a row and come to deuce. Then comes one bad call (like somebody already sad). The ball that Ursula played was 5 cm in out!!! I don't know how judges didn't saw that...If Donna had break here who knows how the 1st set would end and maybe we wouldn't talk about this today.

From that point the match wasn't the same any more. Ursula won 4 games in a row after that and match was over. Till that point Donna played some good tennis. Even in that 2nd set from time to time we could see that Donna have great potential. She played a couple of not good but great points. If you watched you will remember that great pass when Ursula came to the net to play volley. The whole stadium was applauding...

Yes, Donna was slow...she didn't move well, but also the truth is that in 90% of the points it was Donna the one who was attacking and I like that. The number of the winners will just rise from match to match, from month to month, from year to year and so will her numbers of victories.

Donna is just 16 y.o. and I would be worried if she have 22 like Ursula have and play tennis like Ursula is playing. We all consider Ursula as young player, still , she is 6 years older than Donna and I'm pretty sure that in 6 years Donna will be much better player than Ursula is right now (or will be ever).

Ursula deserve to win this match, but it'll always be the question what would happen if Donna managed somehow to win the 1st set...

Last edited by okramb : Apr 4th, 2013 at 01:26 PM.
okramb is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread