Donna Vekic - Page 208 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #3106
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
Guys from Croatia, see you on forum at 2:30 AM or you are going to sleep then?
I'll be on here
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 01:15 PM   #3107
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Guys from Croatia, see you on forum at 2:30 AM or you are going to sleep then?

I think I will make a 0.5 L of coffee and enjoy the early snowy morning
I'm secretly hoping for torrential downpours in Melbourne until about 6 AM Croatian time Honestly, I'm not sure if I'll make it, but it could be fun to join the forum, that's for sure
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #3108
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Another interesting article:

http://www.vecernji.hr/sport/tenis/m...-clanak-497485

It's almost an introduction to Donna and Ana (Konjuh) for those who don't follow tennis as much, and the article on occasion sounds like it's been written by someone who doesn't follow tennis as much also. For example, they say Donna reminds of Lucic? If they're talking about the game it's clar that they don't know much at all about tennis, cause Ana's game is considerably more similar to that of Lucic. If it is because she has long, (dyed) blond hair, well, going by that they can say Sabine Lisicki reminds of Mirjana too. They also state that Ana shocked the tennis world by winning Eddie Herr...? Wasn't she one of the seeds? Didn't she reach the quarters of Wimbledon doubles before that? It's not exactly as if she came out of nowhere to win it.

But onto the important stuff - alegedly someone from Donna's camp said that the goal for 2013 is to try to establish her as a top 50 player. Well talk about ambitious goals. However, I wonder how achievable is it. A player ranked that high has around 1200 points, which would mean that Donna would have to collect about 100 per month, or about 120 if her season is to be shorter than the year by two months (as it often is for players). Since she is limited in the number of events, she probably won't play more than one event on most months of the year, which means that she'd have to make about 100 pts in that one event. This would make it impossible for her to enter any 25k or 50k tournaments, cause only 50k+H and above events offer close to 100 pts or more.

The article also says some stuff we already know, like that she is happy and honered to play Fed Cup, that she can't wait to play against the best ones out there in Melbourne, that they have a strict plan and are sticking to it, that she sticks to eating the same meal throughout the week as long as she is winning (wacko-jacko), that she is prone to oscillations in the game due to inexperience and that's pretty much it.

And, oh yeah, they call the girls "two croatian jewels in Melbourne"

Last edited by ma re : Jan 14th, 2013 at 03:17 PM.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #3109
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

Donna and mirjana have same one dimensional tennis game - flat hitting. On the other side, ana has fast ball, but she often use slice and drop shots.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #3110
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/articl...oups-2013.aspx

Pool A
Austria
Players: Tamira Paszek, Yvonne Meusburger, Patricia Mayr-Achleitner, Nicole Rottmann
Captain: Jurgen Waber
Belarus
Players: Olga Govortsova, Ilona Kremen, Aliaksandra Sasnovich, Ekaterina Dzehalevich
Captain: Tatiana Poutchek
Croatia
Players: Petra Martic, Donna Vekic, Tereza Mrdeza, Ana Konjuh
Captain: Iva Majoli
Georgia
Players: Sofia Shapatava, Sofia Kvatsabaia, Ekaterine Gorgodze
Captain (playing): Margalita Chakhnashvili

This is our Fed cup group with team nominations. There is no Azarenka here.
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #3111
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

honestly, if they play well, we'll advance from that group. austria is the only challenge and i think petra/donna can get through it. petra will need to play better than at AO though...
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 11:40 PM   #3112
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Florian Mayer - Rhyne Williams 2-6 first set...I hope this is not gonna be some 5 set match...is anybody awake???
okramb is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #3113
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Florian Mayer - Rhyne Williams 2-6 first set...I hope this is not gonna be some 5 set match...is anybody awake???
I am
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #3114
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
I am
I'm afraid that we could wait for Donna's match till 3:30 or 4 AM...I'm a big fan of Rhyne Williams right now
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #3115
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

big rhyne williams fan here right now...
Old Jan 14th, 2013, 11:58 PM   #3116
country flag networthy

Quote:
I'm afraid that we could wait for Donna's match till 3:30 or 4 AM...I'm a big fan of Rhyne Williams right now
Me too. Go, Rhyne!!!
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 12:05 AM   #3117
country flag UjakStanley

UjakStanley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, new here. Why are we writing on English if we are all Croatian? Anyways, you people sound like you will actually watch the match. If so, how is it possible to watch it?
UjakStanley is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #3118
country flag okramb

Quote:
Originally Posted by UjakStanley View Post
Hi guys, new here. Why are we writing on English if we are all Croatian? Anyways, you people sound like you will actually watch the match. If so, how is it possible to watch it?
First of all welcome to the forum and Donna's thread!!!

English is official language of this forum, this is not Croatian forum and it's not true that we are all from Croatia here..

We are not watching the match, we are just tracing live score on the Australian Open web page or on HRT teletext number 661 or somewhere else...
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #3119
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

If you family name is Williams you must be good in tennis... C'mon Rhyne !
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 12:14 AM   #3120
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by UjakStanley View Post
Not all Croatian

There's no way to watch the match. The match isn't on one of the 7 TV courts.
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread