Donna Vekic - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2010, 07:24 AM   #16
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

^^ Definately. I sure hope she makes a sensation here (cause beating just about anyone would be a small miracle for her), but we all know the chances are slim - based on her pro debut. But looking forward to this tournament anyway...
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2010, 09:21 AM   #17
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

She can play without any expectations and no pressure and maybe surprise someone but whatever happen this will be great experience for her.
Hele. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 12th, 2010, 04:41 PM   #18
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

In Zagreb R1, she plays a qualifier, Zoric, who's ranked almost 600 but has a CH of 388. It's going to be very tough for Donna.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 13th, 2010, 08:41 PM   #19
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

^ Natasa ZORIC (SRB) defeated Donna VEKIC (CRO) 6-2 6-1. Ouch.
Old Sep 14th, 2010, 06:35 AM   #20
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

It's obviously too soon to expect anything from her, except gaining experience. She'll start winning sooner or later, it's tough to break the ice on the pro circuit.
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 03:23 AM   #21
country flag networthy

Yesterday, Donna advanced in a professional tournament for the first time ever!!!

STANIKOVA (SVK) / VEKIC (CRO) defeated JUHASZOVA (SVK) / SOTNIKOVA (UKR) Walkover
Old Sep 15th, 2010, 03:25 AM   #22
country flag networthy

Donna might not be tearing up the pro circuit (yet), but she looks like a very cute girl:

Good luck to her in her career!
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 04:08 AM   #23
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

made the finals of a g3 and then the finals of a g2 the week after
up to 178 in the junior rankings, not including the points that she won at the g2
kind of wish she was play AO instead...still, very nice for someone who is only 14
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 07:25 AM   #24
country flag ma re

There's more than enough time for her to develop properly. It's great to see her doing so well (she's 172 in juniors actually), not to mention that there's just one girl younger than her and ranked higher (by some 30 spots). Donna is second best Croat in the junior rankings right now, behind Njiric who's ranked #50, but three years older.

But honestly, I'm scared to base my expectations on junior results when it comes to our girls - experience has taught me better...
Old Jan 23rd, 2011, 07:45 AM   #25
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light

she will be at around 106. spot and will play on one more grade 3 for couple of days. she is now 5th in her generation and the youngiest in top 110.
you can find her on youtube, she is tall.
there is also one more talent like her, ana konjuh born in late december of 1997
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #26
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

into the finals of another indian g3..also won the doubles there already. top100, here we come
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 02:28 PM   #27
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light petar_pan is a glorious beacon of light

3 finals in a row plus title and final in doubles, great work. she will be the youngiest girl in top 100. she developes very well. her coach is david felgate, ex coach of henman and vaidisova.
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 10:36 PM   #28
country flag networthy

In the final Donna plays Kulichkova. She beat Donna in last week's final but it was very close: 75 67(4) 57. Here's hoping for a different result this week!

Either way, Donna will reach a new CH ranking and break into the top 100 next week. She'll be ~85 if she wins and ~90 if she loses.
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 12:58 PM   #29
country flag petar_pan

62, 63, title. nice. there is no opponent she didn't beat in india this month. that's something. she revanged in stright for loses in finals.
she took doubles title with that girl. that is the best rusian junnior born 1996. so, she must be good.
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #30
country flag croat123

very impressive run in India. now it's time to play g1/gA events