Donna Vekic - Page 168 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 06:48 AM   #2506
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future
Re: Donna Vekic

From the Suzhou thread: Garcia 6-2 1-4 Vekic

C'mon, Donna, fight!
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 12th, 2012, 07:05 AM   #2507
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute
Ajde
Wert. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 07:21 AM   #2508
country flag Markus

Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of

She did it again, based on the Suzhou thread
Vekic def Garcia 26 62 63

Good result and within expectation! Su-Wei will probably be the end of the story in this tournament.
Markus is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 07:27 AM   #2509
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

She did it again! What a fighter

Anyway, getting to the semifinals was my expectations at the start of the week. Anything from now is a bonus. Hsieh will probably be too tough but she has lost sets this tournament. But then again so has Donna. It should be a great match whatever happens

With this win Donna is at least up to #106. If she stays there she'll get direct entry into the Australian Open maindraw, but as it's been mentioned she will lose some points in the coming weeks
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 07:35 AM   #2510
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Really happy for Donna! We knew this could be a tough one and we weren't wrong. Garcia and Vekic are at about the same level at the moment I'd say, in a sense that they're both capable of surprising really solid players, but overall concentrate on winning against the crowd from 100-200. They're also close in ranking, with some 40 spots separating them in the latest rankings.

We can't know what went on in that one, but one thing we can be sure of is that match against Hsieh is an excellent chance for a valuable lesson for Donna. Who knows, with a flash of inspiration and an off day for the opponent, a win is not out of the realm of possibility, but given how much Donna has played in her last two matches, we have to take fitness into account as well - eventhough fitness is generally one of Donna's strong points.

So, another match to look for to, and it's a shame there won't be any streaming, but the way things are going, we won't have to rely on streamings of questionable quality for much longer

P. S. Seeds 1, 2 and 3 are so far through to the semis, one spot left for the opponent of Peng.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 07:49 AM   #2511
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Really happy for Donna! We knew this could be a tough one and we weren't wrong. Garcia and Vekic are at about the same level at the moment I'd say, in a sense that they're both capable of surprising really solid players, but overall concentrate on winning against the crowd from 100-200. They're also close in ranking, with some 40 spots separating them in the latest rankings.

We can't know what went on in that one, but one thing we can be sure of is that match against Hsieh is an excellent chance for a valuable lesson for Donna. Who knows, with a flash of inspiration and an off day for the opponent, a win is not out of the realm of possibility, but given how much Donna has played in her last two matches, we have to take fitness into account as well - eventhough fitness is generally one of Donna's strong points.

So, another match to look for to, and it's a shame there won't be any streaming, but the way things are going, we won't have to rely on streamings of questionable quality for much longer

P. S. Seeds 1, 2 and 3 are so far through to the semis, one spot left for the opponent of Peng.
Garcia is much more inconsistent as we saw at RG 2011
She can be much much better and much much worse, but given how she has played this year, Donna must have really brought out the best in her, and Donna still won
Su-Wei will not suit Donna at all: can't hit through her, Su-Wei likes pace, she is fast and will very easily make Donna moe to the extreme corners of the court. This is the perfect player right now for Donna's development
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #2512
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Donna's fighting spirit is impressive, especially for someone her age. She seems to never give up
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 08:53 AM   #2513
country flag networthy

With 70 points, she has more than defended her points from Lagos I and II (68 points)

Up to #106 in TBE's rankings update thread
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #2514
country flag doktor

doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute

YESSSS!!! Go Donna

What a fighter
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #2515
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I played some great tennis today and had to in order to beat Caroline Garcia of France (2-6, 6-3, 6-2). Caroline is a great player but I felt so good on court. Thanks to the Chinese crowd and big thanks to all of you from Croatia and around the world for your support.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #2516
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Oh Donna, my little fighter She again showed caracter after loosing first set

I agree with BlueTrees, I also expected semifinal from Donna and she did it, if she is able to beat Hsieh that will be biggest win in her career.

It is big shame on Chinese, 100K event and there is no official web page and no streaming. I would so like to watch Donna against player who is WTA.31
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #2517
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

YAAAAAS !!!
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 12th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #2518
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

She will probably withdraw, but she is on acceptance list of $75,000 Barnstaple week 29 october (priority 1) and same other challengers.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 04:24 AM   #2519
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

3:0 very good start !
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 13th, 2012, 04:27 AM   #2520
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you getting the score from?

Good start anyway
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread