Donna Vekic - Page 161 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #2401
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Thanks for that info "ajmo!"

Nice to see Donna ready to play more on the high-tier challenger circuit, she needs experience and the best way to acquire it is by playing as much as possible, on a level that is reasonably high for someone of her current abilities. Entering events where she'd risk losing in the first round or two wouldn't be a good idea, cause she is limited with the number of events, so this way she gets to play quite a lot of competitive matches, and not just a match or two between practice sessions every few weeks.

Of course, this can't go on forever, as with her own progression she'll have to make a transfer to a full WTA schedule some day, but for now this plan is bringing the goods.
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Oct 6th, 2012, 10:53 AM   #2402
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #2403
country flag doktor

doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute doktor has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Looking good.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #2404
country flag Kutuzova

Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of Kutuzova has much to be proud of

Good Luck to Donna this week!
Kutuzova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #2405
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

According to WTA in the first week of 2013 season there will be an international series tournament in Shenzhen, China (tournaments in Brisbane and Auckland will be played during the same week). I have a pretty good feeling that I know one player who is very likely to be there

Last edited by ma re : Oct 6th, 2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 03:47 PM   #2406
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

agreed.

Hopefully she makes the md cut at the AO. It's a tough ask, but she has a chance...
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 03:55 PM   #2407
country flag ma re

Come to think of it, that Chinese tournament will probably only be an option if she makes the cut in Melbourne. Cause if she has to play the qualies in Australia right after a tournament in China, that would probably be too risky. Anyway, here I am thinking too far ahead again
Old Oct 6th, 2012, 11:56 PM   #2408
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

Very exciting set of tournaments in Donna's schedule! Hope she can do well!!!
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #2409
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Donna still hasn't posted pictures from China, I'm shocked
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 01:58 PM   #2410
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Come to think of it, that Chinese tournament will probably only be an option if she makes the cut in Melbourne. Cause if she has to play the qualies in Australia right after a tournament in China, that would probably be too risky. Anyway, here I am thinking too far ahead again
Why would it be so difficult???
I mean, Donna is very unlikely to go beyond the QF of that tournament, and could there fore leave on the Friday at the latest.
She would then arrive in Melbourne on the Friday evening and would have quite a few days to acclimatise
BTW, does anyone know how tennis players book plane tickets, because I got back to Australia today and we had to book last minute tickets and it costed a fortune!!!

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 02:14 PM   #2411
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Why would it be so difficult???
It would not be dificult, but somewhat risky. In a sense that a grand slam is too important to gamble with by possibly not appearing there fully prepared and rested (that event is further from Melbourne than any other that week). A major is, after all, a mandatory event - unlike any IS tournament. Of course, everything could go smoothly and maybe I'm just paranoid, but probably better to be safe than sorry.
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #2412
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
She posted one about half an hour after your post
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #2413
country flag vladekCRO

She always appreciated my advices
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 05:22 PM   #2414
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post

Quote:
I love China! It's love at first sight!! I'm hoping for a great week on and off the court and it's nice to see I already have some fans here. The draw for the tournament is made tomorrow.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!  
Old Oct 7th, 2012, 06:54 PM   #2415
country flag Wert.

Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute Wert. has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go!
Wert. is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread