Donna Vekic - Page 149 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 07:48 AM   #2221
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold
Re: Donna Vekic

What a performance in third set

Can't wait to see her in final tomorrow, probably against Radwanska . . . if she looses she will be ranked around No. 121, but of course that she will win and be around No. 110.

And loved IDEMO instead come on on the end
vladekCRO is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 07:49 AM   #2222
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Unbelievable! Youngest player to reach a WTA final in six years! She played so well too and did great to recover from the loss of concentration in the second set. Please win the final! Hopefully it's against Begu as I think she'll be easier than Ula.

I just hope she's not content with reaching the final. This is a huge opportunity to win a tournament.

She served unbelievably today. 9 aces and just 1 double fault!
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:19 AM   #2223
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Donna plays Begu in the final who beat Ula 6-3 6-3. What an opportunity! I don't want to get ahead of myself but I think it's definitely an easier match than against Ula. Begu did beat Wozniacki easily at the US Open just a few weeks ago so it's not going to be easy but if Donna can continue her good from I think she has a very good chance.

Begu is looking for her first WTA title also and has played (and lost) her two previous finals on clay last year.
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:23 AM   #2224
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Who would it say that we will have two unseeded players in final

Huge chance for Donna tomorrow but Begu is favorite, it is not a small thing to win against Wozniacki and so easily against Ula. Same thing on the other side for Donna, big wins against Rybarikova and Jovanovski.

Really excited for final, can't wait it !
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 09:49 AM   #2225
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Begu beat Wozniacki 62 62 in NY, no expectations from final. Enjoy it Donna!
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #2226
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. And the best part is that she got nervous, frustrated and played a bad second set, only to regroup and destroy her opponent. I still can't believe this is happening.
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #2227
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome! I really hope for some highlights!
Hele. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #2228
country flag vladekCRO

After Taskhent Donna will train three weeks and then she will play some tournament . . . i bet on Linz (starts on 8 october)
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 11:18 AM   #2229
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

What a nice way to start off a day this morning, even with all the rain and clouds here on the east of Croatia I'm just delighted for Donna! Congratulations once again!

After I almost missed the match and realised that it's already the second game being played before I tuned in, I already had something nice to see. Donna was cruising right from the start, slight problems in the second game, but the first set was a breeze, in part thanks to mistakes and inconsistency of Birnerova, but partly also due to Donna being ready to take her chances.

What happened at the start of the second is something Donna's team should analyze today, as it might give them valuable clues about the suitable direction of their work in the upcoming period. It looks to me that one thing played a key part, and that was Donna getting carried away by her own great play, and particularly the result of the first set. Seems like she realized that she is far better than her opponent and that she can do even better than in the opening set, which I think led to her going for too much too soon. This got her to increase her UE's and influenced her serve, which became very unreliable. Birnerova sensed it and capitalised on it.

But Birnerova's own game is too inconsistent to play a key role against a player like Donna. At times she plays like top 50, hitting those powerful DTL returns and serving very well, while at other times she is making so many errors and repeating silly mistakes that it makes you wonder how she got this far. She definately has no serious weapons and her thought process is not working properly all the time.

Donna's thought process however, is one of the things that delights me the most about her. She came out totally relaxed (or at least she seemed like that), as if she is completely aware of her own quality and an opportunity to seriously challenge her opponent in this match. When things don't go the right way she doesn't panic but looks for a way to calm herself as much as possible, although frustration does surface at times, which is understandable. After losing a set she turned a new page and played as if nothing bad has happened, finding a way back to her focus. That's a great attitude to have.

Donna's serve is a part of her game that worries me the most, as it's not something she can completely rely on, although at times it works miracles for her. In fact, it's the one part of the game that she really needs in order to bring stability and rhythm to her own game. When she finds the right range of that serve and learns to better control her ambitions during matches, she'll become a very dangerous opponent for many girls out there.

Exciting time for Croatian fans again - some would say that it was about time I'm not sure Donna will be able to find her way against Begu, but let's hope that some inconsistency will kick in on the other side of the net tomorrow. It's not something that Begu is not familiar with, cause her only other win on HC this summer (apart from the one against Woz) came against Cohen, while she lost to King, Soler Espinosa and Dellacqua. She did take out Ula here, which at first glance is quite a result, but Ula is not as great in the past few weeks as she was in the few weeks before that, so I'm not sure how much value should we give to that result. Also, Begu is now ranked below 80, while her c-h is around 40, so her confidence is probably not overwhelming, especially not compared to Donna's. Of course, she didn't have to qualify so played much less this week, but I don't think that'll be the deciding factor tomorrow. It could influence Donna's game, and it'll ba a shame if that happens, cause in normal circumstances on this surface Donna could prove to be too strong and too fast for Begu. If this were clay, however, odds would be considerably different.

Did anybody watch the other semifinal? Was Begu really that good or was Ula having a meltdown? I really wonder about that. Either way, we have a stunning match ahead. I believe that the last time someone so young (or younger) won a WTA title was about 8 years ago (Vaidisova in Vancouver '04), not sure about it but it could be true. So this is possibly a historic moment of sorts. Hope Donna will come out ready and driven, but most of all calm and focused on the goal. Could be a turning point of her career. Whatever happens she's positioned herself on the map and the tennis world will be watching her closely.

Good luck Donna
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #2230
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
After Taskhent Donna will train three weeks and then she will play some tournament . . . i bet on Linz (starts on 8 october)
Linz is on the next level (with Vila Petra in the field and many top 30), would be super excited if she enters/qualifies

Sent from my iPad using VS Free
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #2231
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

If we take away Donna's points from Lagos, will she be seeded at AO quailes?
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #2232
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
If we take away Donna's points from Lagos, will she be seeded at AO quailes?
Quite possibly I'd say. But the best thing is that she'll be able to plan a diverse schedule, maybe even incorporating qualies of such tournaments as Miami and IW into it (by ranking she'll probably get into at least one of those).

Hard to imagine that today and yesterday we were looking at the same player that participated in that Brazilian 25k final. I don't know what happened to her in that one or since that tournament, but the difference in not just her game, but also attitude, is incredible. Looks like she learned a lot from recent tournaments, and who knows, maybe that Brazilian final was just a really bad day at the office or a result of nerves taking part in the performance.
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 01:19 PM   #2233
country flag vladekCRO

There will be live streaming of final on Sportska televizija, can't wait to watch Donna on TV
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 01:26 PM   #2234
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

^^
Also for all Croats here, there will be replay of SF vs Birnerova today at 11pm CET on SPTV. (Sportska televizija)
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 03:10 PM   #2235
country flag croat123

and in the U.S., tennis channel will show both semis and the final tomorrow tape delayed starting at 11am (I've already set my tv to record).
Good luck Donna!!