Donna Vekic - Page 137 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #2041
country flag PrimaDonna

PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all
Re: Donna Vekic

5:3 come on Donna one more!
PrimaDonna is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 10:38 AM   #2042
country flag PrimaDonna

PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all

YESSSS!

7:6, 6:3.
PrimaDonna is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #2043
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing win in her first WTA MD!
I hoped for it but didn't dare to think it would happen.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #2044
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome!
Hele. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 10:46 AM   #2045
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

I knew when she won the game at 4-3 she would win
This is great Donna
I hope she continues this nothing to lose attitude

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #2046
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Did she just win a match on a WTA event?

In main draw, against the 4th seed?

Incredible, absolutely incredible achievement Huge congratulations to Donna and everyone in her team!

In all honesty, I was looking at this one as just another step in acquiring learning experience, no expectations whatsoever. Especially so given the fact that Rybarikova is not exactly out of form - 63rd in the Race, won Washington destroying Pavlyuchenkova along the way, qualified for USO and won a round against Hsieh before losing to Zheng etc. But even if that were not the case I wouldn't have the guts to predict this sort of outcome against someone ranked so high. A straight sets win?! Wow!

Sure, this was probably not performance of a lifetime for Rybarikova, but even if she choked (btw, who chokes against a 16 y.o. ranked 150 ranking spots lower) it's a great win for Donna, cause she took a chance when it offered itself. Looks like she learned a hell of a lot from that loss against Gallovits.

I wasn't even looking beyond R1, and I honestly don't even care about what happens next. Donna made it to the last 16 of a WTA tournament, which is huge for someone her age given the physical aspect of today's game and restrictions imposed on young players. She is making big steps forward, and it's great to be here to witness them.

Great job Donna
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #2047
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of
fabulous Donna!!!

Sent from my iPad using VS Free
TimeyWimey is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 11:59 AM   #2048
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

SO GOOD!!!!!!!!
I love that after going from 4-0 to 4-3, she just regained her composure and won
She obviously plays better at these bigger events
I hope she can beat Arruabarena-Vecino, who is very similar to Gallovits-Hall in many ways, but provides even more spin.
Nothing to lose again Donna She seems to like that
So much for us being afraid she wouldn't cope well with the spotlight She must just really hate Juniors

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #2049
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

I hvae no clue how Arruabarena-Vecino managed to beat Cepelova so easily.

Hopefully Donna will enjoy that match also and believe in herself again.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #2050
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Bravo Donna !
2003. in Strasbourg Karolina Sprem played final after playing qualifications.
Maybe Donna can do something similar. Anything is possible now. She has nothing to loose !
She seems very stabile and confident to achieve great result here.
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 12:36 PM   #2051
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivananda View Post
Bravo Donna !
2003. in Strasbourg Karolina Sprem played final after playing qualifications.
Maybe Donna can do something similar. Anything is possible now. She has nothing to loose !
She seems very stabile and confident to achieve great result here.
One match at a time

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #2052
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

No stream again...ct 3 tomorrow
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #2053
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

Great win, Donna Proving that she is one to look out for It will be interesting to see how she will do against a player who does pretty much nothing at all with the ball.

VICTORIA AZARENKA
IVANOVIC, KONJUH, VEKIC, WOZNIACKI

Andreas is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 01:11 PM   #2054
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by croat123 View Post
No stream again...ct 3 tomorrow
Oh well, I guess she'll have to win another match then... Jokes aside, AV will be a different type of opponent, and one that inexperienced players hate to see on the other side of the net. She's had some decent results receantly, but not as good as Rybarikova, so who knows what might happen. Donna certainly has nothing to lose here, and will have the advantage of surface, but she'll have to be very sharp, focused and responsive on court, shortening the points with precise groundstrokes and effective serving.

Won't be easy, but no one said becoming #1 is easy, and she always states that as her ultimate goal. Let's take it a step at a time
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #2055
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

After this huge win I don't doubt at all about another win tommorow

Let's go Donna !!!!!!!!!!!

vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread