Donna Vekic - Page 130 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #1936
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold
Re: Donna Vekic

Of course that she is disappointed, she knows how close she was to main tournament . . . but this is really good result, and she is in top 190 with only 16 years.

Galovits is 11 years older, she has five wins against top 80 players this season, Donna fought very well but experience of Romanian was crucial.

Can't wait to see her in Taskhent, hope to see her for first time in main draw on some WTA event
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 25th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #1937
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
Donna's facebook:

Quote:
Yes, I'm disappointed. Had the match in my pocket... but lost, 6-2 4-6 0-6. What's clear is my game is getting better and better .... and in the near future i'll win these matches! I felt all your support playing in NYC - thanks!
Good attitude, I think.
This is great attitude.
It's clear that her game is getting better and better, she should have many more such opportunities in the future.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #1938
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
who knows.. ajla choked the same way all the time, never learned.
it's just not a good sign.
Ajla got sick while she was already quite some time in top 200 and I believe that she would maybe already be in top 100 or close to it if her work wasn't interrupted.

We also have to hope that Donna stays healthy.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #1939
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

she did got sick, but reality is that with her potential she had to be top 100 before injury. i know she was young, but had potential. just choked to many times.
next match at this level, with this chance will be hard for donna, it's important that she doesn't choke again.. she had a great week and clearly had tennis for md
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #1940
country flag PrimaDonna

PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all

It's fine, of course this loss stings a lot but it's a good sign she realises losses like this will happen on her way of becoming a mature top player. Actually, only bad thing i see from this loss is that with MD she'd become more known and maybe get a WC here or there.

Now i expect her to abandon 25k's for good (maybe play one every few months just for points sake) and start playing qualies of WTA's and 100k's, as well as MD 50k's.
PrimaDonna is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 03:51 AM   #1941
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all

Choke is a bad word imo especially for 16 yo. Yes, it's tough and all but it's not like she'll never get the same opportunity. its how you learn and grow from this experience is what's important. You choke when you're thinking too much and not just playing your best tennis.
Lazyking is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 05:31 AM   #1942
country flag Dav.
nothing else compares

Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute Dav. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
This is great attitude.
It's clear that her game is getting better and better, she should have many more such opportunities in the future.
We have a new mutual favorite to cheer for.
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 06:07 AM   #1943
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
Choke is a bad word imo especially for 16 yo. Yes, it's tough and all but it's not like she'll never get the same opportunity. its how you learn and grow from this experience is what's important. You choke when you're thinking too much and not just playing your best tennis.
She definitely wasn't playing a good tennis, if she won only 2 of the last 14 games. Especially considering she won 8 of the first 10. I don't know the reasons for it, but isn't that a choke? Edina with her best tennis couldn't have beaten Donna in such a manner without Donna's help.
She will learn after this experience and everything will be alright. Just we need a little patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav. View Post
We have a new mutual favorite to cheer for.
Welcome to this fanbase
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 06:11 AM   #1944
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all Lazyking is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
She definitely wasn't playing a good tennis, if she won only 2 of the last 14 games. Especially considering she won 8 of the first 10. I don't know the reasons for it, but isn't that a choke? Edina with her best tennis couldn't have beaten Donna in such a manner without Donna's help.
She will learn after this experience and everything will be alright. Just we need a little patience.
I worded it wrong.. Choke is a negative term but when someone is 16 years old staring at a chance to play in Grand slam main draw.. its understandable for her to stumble.. I guess what I'm saying is I don't think of it as some trend that her fans should worry about.
Lazyking is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 06:19 AM   #1945
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
I worded it wrong.. Choke is a negative term but when someone is 16 years old staring at a chance to play in Grand slam main draw.. its understandable for her to stumble.. I guess what I'm saying is I don't think of it as some trend that her fans should worry about.
You're right, it's more than understandable for her age and I, myself, am not worried about it.
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 10:30 AM   #1946
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
I think that will happen on 3rd September because points from minor events are taken/given with one week delay
No, she lost those 8 points today, next week when 50 points from US Open will be added, she will be somewhere around # 180
New CH and first time in top 200!!!
okramb is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 11:34 AM   #1947
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Neither am I
I don't think she is a choke at all, I just think she gets nervous. She doesn't choke big leads often, it's just sometimes she doesn't win matches she should like Peterson at French Open

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #1948
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. I dont think choke is the right word. She just froze. Similar to Lucic against Novotna (but on a smaller scale obviously)
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 12:38 PM   #1949
country flag Dan_Doe

Yeah, she got nervous and she froze. And yet "choke" is the unanimously accepted term for that
Old Aug 27th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #1950
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

So is Tashkent her next event? I think if she keeps up this form she will definitely qualify and if she gets a good draw winning a maindraw match isn't out of the question either.
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread