Donna Vekic - Page 126 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #1876
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
Who is this girl? Gotta say I'm intrigued.
Check out the first few pages of this thread for more info on her early days and journey into the pros

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
It's extremely impressive that Donna has lost only 5 games in two Q matches. Of the 16 Q finalists, the only one who has lost fewer games is Shuai Zhang (3).
Indeed, if that's not impressive, I don't know what is - big congratulations for our girl! What a way to play your first slam!

I remember hearing Stefan Edberg talking some years ago about how difficult it is to break through on the big stage, and how the vast majority of players suffer embarrasing defeats in their slam debuts, which was also the case with him - he said that he lost something like 0 & 1 or even 0 & 0, don't remember correctly. But Donna seems to be inspired. I don't know how else to explain this jump in her overall on-court presence, cause a good work in preparation period can't be the sole answer. This is an inspiring play, a surge of confidence and focus that is obviously influenced by a good atmosphere in her whole team and probably some sound advice of one of the world's best coaches. I mean, she crushed a girl who is virtually a top 100; who would've see it coming a week or two ago. She is bringing the goods when it matters the most and actually making her own life a lot easier by grabbing these important wins.

It's one more to go until something very few of us expected to see this year. But still, we have to remember that Edina is in a different league altogether. Eventhough she is far from her best ever ranking (in the 50's) she was still capable to make several wins this year over players from the top 70 (Erakovic, Hradecka, Arn and the latest, BZS). USO is her weakest slam in terms of results achieved thus far (never past the R1) and her best runs this year came on clay, so that's good for Donna, as well as the fact that Edina is this year severly inconsistent - case in point, lost to Cepelova after beating BZS in Washington. Not to mention that she had a 5 match losing streak back in May/June, and hickups like that defeat to El Tabakh in Pelham. As expected, her match against Sema was anything but easy, so that might've shaken her up a bit, but I think she has more than enough experience to get her through another match.

Anyway, even if she loses, Donna now stands a chance of making it as a lucky loser (not a big chance, but there is one), which wouldn't be bad either. At least not in terms of experience, but then she couldn't count on all these valuable points, so it'd be much better if she'd make it "the old fashioned way". Whatever happens next (except maybe a really crushing defeat), she did more than great IMO. I know she'll want to make it really badly and that's my biggest worry - that she might blow an actual opportunity - cause appearance in the main draw would certainly put her out there on the map and under the radar, and she might be too eager to make it. Hope she can bring her confident and sharp self out there.

She is in action a little earlier today, which is better for her home-based fans (2nd match on C13), but again not on a TV court. 25th seed is waiting, hope she'll end up the same way as the 7th seed. Take it easy Donna, play your game, try to dictate and be agressive - with a bit of luck, it might just be good enough
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 24th, 2012, 08:11 AM   #1877
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Really amazing two wins.. Looking at these scores she should make MD but who knows.. If she does it would be something I haven't expected at all, didn't even cross my mind.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #1878
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
This is awesome!
After this I believe she can beat Edina too.
Btw, I really wonder how good (or bad) she will do at junior grand slam after senior one.

Donna won't play on junior grand slams anymore
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #1879
country flag PrimaDonna

PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all

After her win yesterday i already checked main draw to see where all qualifiers can be placed in the draw. After seeing that, i wish her to play her idol Wozniacki in R2. C'mon Donna!
PrimaDonna is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #1880
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

^^
She says she doesn't really have any idols.
She just said that her game is mixture of Sharapova and Wozniacki.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #1881
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

too bad she's still not on tv court today, just wish these scorelines were real reflection of her form, then i would see her into 2nd in the main draw

but of course, please qualify today Donna
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 03:03 PM   #1882
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

On a side note; do you guys remember when, at the begining of the season, we were *hopeful* that she'll make it *into* the qualies of US Open? And here she is a match away from the main draw
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #1883
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

she's on the court now, go DONNA!
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #1884
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
On a side note; do you guys remember when, at the begining of the season, we were *hopeful* that she'll make it *into* the qualies of US Open? And here she is a match away from the main draw
It's great that with such young players you never know what will happen, makes it more exciting!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #1885
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Donna up 4-1. Unbelievable.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 05:13 PM   #1886
country flag TimeyWimey

looks pretty good 4-1
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #1887
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

http://live.deau.me/
This is link with text...not livestream...you can found intrested things here...
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #1888
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

6-2

soooooo close to main draw
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #1889
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Donna won first set 6-2!
BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #1890
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Advantage Vekic! (Advenkic)...this is very funny...
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread