Donna Vekic - Page 122 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 07:03 AM   #1816
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

This seems like potentially a very tough task for Donna. Basically the best thing she has to rely on is the lack of consistency on the side of the opponent. But then there's her own lack of consistency, not to mention inexperience on big events. To make it worse, this is quite an important match for Donna even if we neglect the fact that it's her first slam - it could make it easier (or more difficult) for her to defend the remaining points from 2011.

All in all, an exciting, but also a bit frightening match ahead. Best of luck Donna!
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 21st, 2012, 08:07 AM   #1817
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
This seems like potentially a very tough task for Donna. Basically the best thing she has to rely on is the lack of consistency on the side of the opponent. But then there's her own lack of consistency, not to mention inexperience on big events. To make it worse, this is quite an important match for Donna even if we neglect the fact that it's her first slam - it could make it easier (or more difficult) for her to defend the remaining points from 2011.

All in all, an exciting, but also a bit frightening match ahead. Best of luck Donna!
If she qualifies, she defends all but 3 points which is great but if she loses first round, she will have to realistically at least make MD in Tashkent

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 03:04 AM   #1818
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

fourth on ct 6. i'll try to make it...hope the first three matches are long
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 03:12 AM   #1819
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

^ good luck to both
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:00 AM   #1820
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
If she qualifies, she defends all but 3 points which is great but if she loses first round, she will have to realistically at least make MD in Tashkent
The chances of Donna qualifying are remote. But just one win would be a big success, as it would allow her to defend the majority of her remaining 2011 points.

Good luck, Donna!
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 06:03 AM   #1821
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Btw, today was one to forget for fans of Croatian tennis. In Dallas, Lucic lost both her matches and Jurak lost in doubles. At the USO, Lisjak and Mrdeza lost to players they had a good-to-excellent chance of beating--as did Franko Skugor on the men's side.
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 07:36 AM   #1822
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

According to some Croatian bookies, Donna is a slight favorite in today's match

1367 Vekić D.-Sirotkina M. sri 20:45 1,75 1,85

Who would it know that only 2.5 years after this thread was open, we would see Donna on her first senior Grand Slam
okramb is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 11:23 AM   #1823
country flag kuroishijin

kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice kuroishijin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Btw, today was one to forget for fans of Croatian tennis. In Dallas, Lucic lost both her matches and Jurak lost in doubles. At the USO, Lisjak and Mrdeza lost to players they had a good-to-excellent chance of beating--as did Franko Skugor on the men's side.
Those results tell a lot how much they are ready to compete on GS level
kuroishijin is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 12:52 PM   #1824
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Donna will win today, I have really good feeling about this match After two finals in Brazil and Wrexham she took few days off for vacations, then she went to mountain Rogla for physical training and in the end she trained in London.

I believe that she's excellent prepared and that she'l make excellent result here.

Can't wait that match :P
vladekCRO is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 01:46 PM   #1825
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Are the quali matches really streamed this year or is it just a hearsay?

(and if they are; are there cameras on C6?)
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 01:52 PM   #1826
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

^^
Only courts 13 and 17 streamed...
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 05:38 PM   #1827
country flag networthy

Quote:
We can now add Antonio Veic to the list
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 05:58 PM   #1828
country flag ma re

Quote:
We can now add Antonio Veic to the list
Now I want Donna to win even more - to rub it in to the others. Ajmo Dona
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:14 PM   #1829
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Bravo Andreozzi ! Donna is going to start verry soon.
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 22nd, 2012, 09:24 PM   #1830
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

It's on. And Donna won her first game at a senior grand-slam
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread