Donna Vekic - Page 119 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2012, 12:56 AM   #1771
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

I am actually really proud of Donna
She had to fly from Brazil and get only one day off, and has had a comeback victory and has managed to win matches against players she would normally beat but has had roadblocks in her way. I think that for a 16 year old, this is an amazing achievement: more impressive than her title wins

It is nice that for once we have low expectations, less heartbreak if she loses

And another piece of good news, Olga Puchkova who beat Donna in the final of 25K Namangan just made the semis of Baku and in similar conditions beat some good players so this is a great sign for Donna as she almost beat her

I hope she plays some harder events soon. Maybe 50K Podgorica as it is in a less played locations and she would be highly seeded. These 25Ks are too easy for her now

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 29th, 2012, 07:12 AM   #1772
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Is it wrong if I never even heard of Carina before?

When does the match start?
binky-GOAT is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 07:18 AM   #1773
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
Is it wrong if I never even heard of Carina before?

When does the match start?
Not really
She has had some great wins, but has never had any really good runs at tournaments. She qualified for Bastad and won Ystad 25K

Quote:
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #1774
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

F: (5)Carina Witthoeft (GER) df. (1)Donna Vekic (CRO) 6-2 6-7(4) 6-2

Expected outcome really. Still a great effort for Donna to win a set. Another great tournament. Too bad it's yet another lost final but reaching the final is still a great achievement! It's not like she's losing first or second round. She's very close to Top 200 now. I think she's still just outside though. It won't be long though!

BlueTrees is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 29th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #1775
country flag Alwaysfan

Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future Alwaysfan has a brilliant future

Donna kisses!! close to the elite with 16 years old!! You and Sorribes are my faves for the future
Alwaysfan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 05:56 AM   #1776
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Well, she did make it competitive so that's a positive from yesterday. Let's focus on the positives

Now off to...where exactly
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 07:02 AM   #1777
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Now off to...where exactly
I imagine she'll stay in London to train until it's time to head to NYC.

USO Q's will be crucial. Just one win would move her into the 170s
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 07:20 AM   #1778
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post

Donna will get 15 tournaments before her 17th birthday if she plays all GS as they will count as merited increases

Quote:
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #1779
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hopefully she will get lucky with draw then.
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 12:48 PM   #1780
country flag chingching

Quote:

Are you sure 1 win would push her that high???
Don't you get 40 points for a win???
She wouldn't go that far with a 25K win I doubt

Quote:
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #1781
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

246+34+34-12=302 This will be her CH201. Than she will loose 8 more points 302-8=294 points (207 ranking).
294+40=334 ...so, with 40 points from first round(US OPEN)she will be around 182 place.
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 30th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #1782
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

# 213 is Donna's new CH from today but next week she will be even higher on the ranking list.On next Monday she will lose 12 points but will earn 34 and will have 302 points...right on the edge of top 200
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2012, 07:07 PM   #1783
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Looks like Donna's next tournament after the USO is WTA Tashkent: http://www.donnavekic.com/?page_id=29

She plans to continue her whorish/vulturish ways
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 1st, 2012, 07:26 PM   #1784
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

that's not ITF challenger or I'm wrong ?

glad to see that she isn't playing again on 25K event
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 2nd, 2012, 08:40 AM   #1785
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Looks like Donna's next tournament after the USO is WTA Tashkent: http://www.donnavekic.com/?page_id=29

She plans to continue her whorish/vulturish ways
OK now you're out'a line mister Tashkent is a prestigious WTA event attended by all the major stars OK I'm full of it now, but we can't say this is not an improvement. Definately a sign that we can expect an interesting 2013.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread