Donna Vekic - Page 109 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #1621
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
My guess is Donna won't play July 23 Astana (she already withdrew from July 16 Astana) and that instead, she will play the July 16 and July 23 $25Ks in Brazil (she's still on the acceptance list for both).
I don't think so, second tournament in brazil is on clay and she just wd.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 10th, 2012, 03:15 PM   #1622
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to go off-topic but...

chingching got banned

I wonder why?
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 03:26 PM   #1623
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
They have to leave it in there in case another young revolution occurs. I believe some of our Juniors could be in the top 100 if they didn't have restrictions on them
Yes, but "could be in the 100" and "qualified for the year-ending championships" (i.e. ended the year inside top 8) are very different things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I will admit that I was getting her and Putintseva's schedules mixed up a bit but if she is going to play challengers in the US which she said she would before the Open, then she will have to defend Lagos points, and then eventually defend the 2 titles and a final at the beginning of next year, she is going to struggle. 12 tournaments is actually so little. She is basically only allowed 6 for the rest of the year
No one said that she has to play 6 this year and 6 next year. She could take an early break this season and play, for example, just 4 events, and leave herself 8 events for the first half of 2013. Players often take December off anyway, to give themselves more time to properly prepare for next season, so she might as well consider that. Besides, one win in qualies of a slam gives you almost the same points as two 25k finals, which are her only notable results left to defend this year.
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 03:31 PM   #1624
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
I don't think so, second tournament in brazil is on clay and she just wd.
ITF PRO 25.000 $ Wrexham Open , Wrexham, GBR hard

Yes,after Brazil she will play Wrexham. This is officially from her website.
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #1625
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
Sorry to go off-topic but...

chingching got banned

I wonder why?
OMG Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finaly!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 03:34 PM   #1626
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivananda View Post
ITF PRO 25.000 $ Wrexham Open , Wrexham, GBR hard

Yes,after Brazil she will play Wrexham. This is official from her website.
Strange choice geographically, but makes sense due to different surfaces. Thanks for the info
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #1627
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Strange choice geographically, but makes sense due to different surfaces. Thanks for the info
You are welcome ! It is strange, but probably the best solution. She will play two tournaments on hard surface and come back to London to prepare for the US OPEN.
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 09:40 PM   #1628
country flag PrimaDonna

PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all

I reckon this too, she will probably string Wrexam together with training in her London base and won't play anymore up to US Open.

So it would seem that her team thinks she is ready to take the next step, good to hear.
TBH I don't think she is that far from quality to be able to qualify on grand-slam. Of course, that is providing she has a bit of luck with qualifying draw.
PrimaDonna is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 11th, 2012, 06:49 AM   #1629
country flag ma re

I definately agree she could qualify given some luck (just look at all the washed up journeywomen who qualify for slams all the time), but the most important thing for her in NY this year will be to experience a professional grand slam and focus on maybe getting one win under her belt. Of course, the most important thing is to not get completely destroyed, regardless of draw, or fall as a victim of her own nerves.
Old Jul 14th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #1630
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

I'm stumped as to why Donna is playing Brazil next week, then UK the week after. Instead, she could be playing consecutive outdoor hard $25K's in the UK.

Any ideas for why this strange scheduling? (Brazil acceptance list is only moderately weaker, so that's probably not the reason.) Surely she's too young to be doing it for purposes of global media exposure...right?
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 14th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #1631
country flag ma re

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
I'm stumped as to why Donna is playing Brazil next week, then UK the week after. Instead, she could be playing consecutive outdoor hard $25K's in the UK.

Any ideas for why this strange scheduling? (Brazil acceptance list is only moderately weaker, so that's probably not the reason.) Surely she's too young to be doing it for purposes of global media exposure...right?
Court conditions in Brazil are probably considerably tougher (temperature, humidity...poisonous snakes...), so her team might find it a good thing to prepare her for what might await in NY. But that's just my guess. Don't really see another reason.
Old Jul 15th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #1632
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Donna is in Brazil! The draw for $25,000 Campos do Jordao should be out soon.

Hello from Brasil! Campos do Jordao, what a great place (1.600 m) and what a beautiful tennis club - just like being in the Swiss Alps! Really enjoying being here and can't wait to start playing on Monday. Practised and already feeling ready....

Old Jul 15th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #1633
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

temperature, humidity...
Or weakest entry list in world
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2012, 04:18 PM   #1634
BlueTrees

Here's Donna's quarter of the draw for $25,000 Campos do Jordao.

(7)Ximena Hermoso (MEX) vs. (WC)Marina Danzini (BRA)
Carla Forte (BRA) vs. QUALIFIER
Isabella Robbiani (PAR) vs. (WC)Eduarda Piai (BRA)
(2)Donna Vekic (CRO) vs. Nathaly Kurata (BRA)

Kurata is a 19 year old ranked #474. Shouldn't be too many problems.
Old Jul 15th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #1635
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Kurata very nice surname.

This really looks like the easiest draw ever for Donna, even easier than Lagos last year.
I expect she wins here.

Good luck!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread