Donna Vekic - Page 108 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #1606
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all
Re: Donna Vekic

Donna is on a main draw list Astana Kazakhstan (hard,outdoor)100 000$, July,23rd.
I hope that there will be time to get there after final in Brazil, I hope !
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 10th, 2012, 12:09 PM   #1607
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Donna't going to run out of tournaments soon
If she isn't playing Juniors, then she'll either have to spread them out over a long time period or go long periods without tournaments
Age Eligibility Rules are a bitch

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 12:11 PM   #1608
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
If she isn't playing Juniors, then she'll either have to spread them out over a long time period or go long periods without tournaments
You do realise she just turned 16?
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #1609
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting news!

I glanced today at her ranking based on this year's results only and she's #224, which makes her 4th best Croat (after Martic, Lucic and Mrdeza). So since she's defending just two solid results for the rest of the year (25k finals, 2nd half of October), there shouldn't be a problem with reaching top 200 by year's end.

And when it comes to this decision of not playing juniors anymore, I'd say that's a smart move, cause even just 12 tournaments between 16th and 17th b-day, means that she can play one tourney a month on average. If we take into account a possible longer winter preparation period without any competitions, it gives her a chance to play 2 events on some months. Scheduling will be crucial for her development from now on, even more so than up until now. Let's hope everything unfolds as planned.

USO quali - exciting news indeed
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #1610
country flag tennismaster8820
Sprem believer! :shrug:

tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute tennismaster8820 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivananda View Post
Donna said that her coach didn't want of her to play junior's Wimbledon, but she insisted. He dosn't want that she plays juniors tournaments anymore. It is writen on her web site that she will play qualifying on US OPEN.
That's great, it was to be expected!
Now all she needs are some solid results!
Next year should be very exciting for her and her fans!
tennismaster8820 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #1611
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivananda View Post
Donna is on a main draw list Astana Kazakhstan (hard,outdoor)100 000$, July,23rd.
I hope that there will be time to get there after final in Brazil, I hope !
My guess is Donna won't play July 23 Astana (she already withdrew from July 16 Astana) and that instead, she will play the July 16 and July 23 $25Ks in Brazil (she's still on the acceptance list for both).

After that she can go to the US (same time zone, more or less) and train for USO Q.
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 12:46 PM   #1612
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
You do realise she just turned 16?
Not including Fed Cup and WC'ed events, Donna can only play 12 tournaments until next June 28, when she turns 17.

Right now she's scheduled to play two ITFs in July and USO Q in August. That will leave her with 9 events until next July.
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #1613
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Brazil definately seems like a good choice - almost the same time zone, exactly the same surface...conditions will probably be somewhat tougher in Brazil than in NY because of heat and humidity, but that can only be a good thing in the preparation for her first ever professional slam.
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #1614
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Since Donna is 16 now, she can play 12 professional tennis tournaments + WTA Tour Championship(if she qualifies)+ Fed cup(any level of competition).
She may receive also a maximum of four(4) WC into any WTA Tour Tournament and/or ITF Women's Circuit events, provided, however, that she dosn't exceeds the WTA Tour and/or Women's Circuit maximum calendar year limits for singles or doubles, Main Draw or Qualifying WC.
So there is plenty of room to play tournaments without juniors tournaments.
She can play 12 tournaments + qualifiers + fed cup...
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #1615
country flag ivananda

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Not including Fed Cup and WC'ed events, Donna can only play 12 tournaments until next June 28, when she turns 17.

Right now she's scheduled to play two ITFs in July and USO Q in August. That will leave her with 9 events until next July.
US OPEN qualifiers are not in those 12 tournaments if I quite understood.
It is writen: 12 + WTA if she qualifies
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #1616
country flag ma re

I'm a bit puzzled with this part of the rules (I've read them a few times before and they're not very straightforward; at least not to me). I never knew if qualies of WTA's count, if WC's count (probably not), but I also remember reading something about how many WC's can there be for ITF and how many for WTA (I think it's 2 for each in Donna's case).

And, my favorite part of these rules is that, a player can participate in the YEC if she qualifies... I wonder if it's even possible for a player of that age and with all those restrictions regarding the number of tournaments, to qualify for a YEC. Sure, a 16 y.o. player might win a slam or two in the same year, but nowdays that's about as likely as the discovery of unicorns.
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #1617
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
I'm a bit puzzled with this part of the rules (I've read them a few times before and they're not very straightforward; at least not to me). I never knew if qualies of WTA's count, if WC's count (probably not), but I also remember reading something about how many WC's can there be for ITF and how many for WTA (I think it's 2 for each in Donna's case).

And, my favorite part of these rules is that, a player can participate in the YEC if she qualifies... I wonder if it's even possible for a player of that age and with all those restrictions regarding the number of tournaments, to qualify for a YEC. Sure, a 16 y.o. player might win a slam or two in the same year, but nowdays that's about as likely as the discovery of unicorns.
They have to leave it in there in case another young revolution occurs. I believe some of our Juniors could be in the top 100 if they didn't have restrictions on them

Old Jul 10th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #1618
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I know but it was an exaggeration by chingching saying she's going to run out of tournaments "soon"...she hasn't even played an event since her birthday.
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 01:54 PM   #1619
country flag networthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
I know but it was an exaggeration by chingching saying she's going to run out of tournaments "soon"...she hasn't even played an event since her birthday.
That's very true

Chingching is such a troll...
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #1620
country flag chingching

Quote:
That's very true

Chingching is such a troll...
Thanks for that
She will run out though
I will admit that I was getting her and Putintseva's schedules mixed up a bit but if she is going to play challengers in the US which she said she would before the Open, then she will have to defend Lagos points, and then eventually defend the 2 titles and a final at the beginning of next year, she is going to struggle. 12 tournaments is actually so little. She is basically only allowed 6 for the rest of the year

Closed Thread