Donna Vekic - Page 107 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #1591
country flag AS_Mitchell

AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice AS_Mitchell is just really nice
Re: Donna Vekic

Beaten 3 & 4.

Disappointing, didn't appear able to hold her serve 2nd set.
AS_Mitchell is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 5th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #1592
country flag PrimaDonna

PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all

Lost 6:3, 6:4. Too bad...

Rest well Donna.
PrimaDonna is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #1593
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

pretty disappointing imo
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 01:48 PM   #1594
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's kinda bad that she gets routined by a player who's a year younger than her. I'm sure if this match was played in a $25K Donna would've won.

But a quarterfinal is still a nice breakthrough. Hopefully she can improve at the US Open.
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 02:16 PM   #1595
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like we're all in agreement - a nice result, but a little disappointing in the end. Let's hope she can at least go this far in NY.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #1596
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Is she going to play US Open Juniors???
There is no point in Juniors unless either you want Confidence, Junior Exempts or Sponsorships. She will never be good enough at Juniors to get Junior Exempts and soon she won't need them any more, she has sponsors that contribute to her and given her choice of locations to play tournaments, money doesn't seem to be a problem. And finally, her confidence is sky high on the Pro Circuit. So I don't see the point in her spending the money to travel. If she needs the matches, do Club Tennis for a little while in Germany or the Netherlands, which is at her level as well. Or play WTAs or Higher Level Challengers where she has to play Qualies. I have sometimes wondered whether it isn't a good thing for a player who could get in the MD playing Qualies as well. I mean look at Zheng Jie. She could have been seeded for the MD in Birmingham and she played Qualies. She almost lost her First Round Qualies Match but ended up making the semis. If she had not played Qualies, she most likely would have lost first round. So why shouldn't Donna, who is limited by Age Eligibility laws, try this. IDK but there are so many better alternatives IMO than playing US Open Juniors

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #1597
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Donna continues her jet-setting, tournament-whoring ways: she's on the acceptance list for $25K Campos do Jordao (Brazil) the week of July 16. Will this be her first time in South America?

It's a weak draw, so she'll likely be the #2 seed
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #1598
country flag juan pablo

juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all juan pablo is a name known to all

There is no closer tournament.
juan pablo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #1599
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan pablo View Post
There is no closer tournament.
Why do you have to keep on criticising me!!!!!!! I am doing nothing wrong
I think it is a waste of her time to play Juniors because actually IMO she is better than all but a few of them, but loses because of the mental side. She will lose once again around the 3rd ROund and will leave her with nothing but a disappointment. IMO she should play European Championships in Klosters (which she isn't ) and get on the practice court and try and win as many matches as possible to make USO Qualies. That, my friend, will help her career. Although, if she makes Qualies, I guess it would make sense for her to play Juniors as well so I guess you have a point. But still, stop calling me a troll and saying how stupid I am!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Donna continues her jet-setting, tournament-whoring ways: she's on the acceptance list for $25K Campos do Jordao (Brazil) the week of July 16. Will this be her first time in South America?

It's a weak draw, so she'll likely be the #2 seed
That tournament used to have a stream, so if they bring it back this year we will finally get to see her play on hard
She obviously want to make USO qualies or she wouldn't be whoring so much. This is where whoring is okay. It's for the greater good
After USO, I want to see her on the WTA

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 05:47 PM   #1600
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Donna still has a limited number of tournaments that she can play in seniors and she is just playing junior grand slams. Which I definitely approve. I mean, that are grand slams, big stage, and I guess every tennis player (especially junior one) would like to see how that looks and to feel that atmosphere. Also, she is still too young in my opinion to just concentrate on seniors. I mean, it is definitely good to put concentration and focus on seniors but she is too young to play only seniors. And junior grand slams are the best of junior tennis. I see a lot of more positive sides of playing junior grand slams then not. At least, at this moment for Donna.
Hele. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 11:55 PM   #1601
country flag PrimaDonna

PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all PrimaDonna is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
Well, Donna still has a limited number of tournaments that she can play in seniors and she is just playing junior grand slams. Which I definitely approve. I mean, that are grand slams, big stage, and I guess every tennis player (especially junior one) would like to see how that looks and to feel that atmosphere. Also, she is still too young in my opinion to just concentrate on seniors. I mean, it is definitely good to put concentration and focus on seniors but she is too young to play only seniors. And junior grand slams are the best of junior tennis. I see a lot of more positive sides of playing junior grand slams then not. At least, at this moment for Donna.
Agreed. Due to limited number of senior tournaments IMO she should still play 5-6 junior tournaments per year. Those, of course, include the Grand Slams. They can provide good practice for her and a chance to try out a few things in her game. Practicing can't beat trying it out on court.
If you ask me, time when she should move on to senior slams is maybe from next year's Wimby or USO. So atleast one more year.
PrimaDonna is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 03:09 AM   #1602
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimaDonna View Post
Agreed. Due to limited number of senior tournaments IMO she should still play 5-6 junior tournaments per year. Those, of course, include the Grand Slams. They can provide good practice for her and a chance to try out a few things in her game. Practicing can't beat trying it out on court.
If you ask me, time when she should move on to senior slams is maybe from next year's Wimby or USO. So atleast one more year.
I get your points

Old Jul 7th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #1603
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennismaster8820 View Post
I don't like it how she says Wozniacki is one of the players she models her game after. I've always thought that she looks like Caroline though.
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #1604
country flag TimeyWimey

TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of TimeyWimey has much to be proud of

her english is cute and excellent!
TimeyWimey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 10th, 2012, 11:49 AM   #1605
country flag ivananda

ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all ivananda is a name known to all

Donna said that her coach didn't want of her to play junior's Wimbledon, but she insisted. He dosn't want that she plays juniors tournaments anymore. It is writen on her web site that she will play qualifying on US OPEN.
ivananda is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread