Agnieszka Radwanska is the only talented player of her generation - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 14th, 2010, 01:02 PM   #1
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold
Agnieszka Radwanska is the only talented player of her generation

I don't like Caroline Wozniacki's game she's just a pusher, Azarenka just hits the ball hard. I know Azarekna and Wozniacki are ranked higher than Agnieszka but I don't believe they are much better "than" her. I believe Agnieszka is the most talented player in her generation. She has great hands, she uses all the angles on the court, she thinks out there unlike the other young women.

She just needs to be a bit more determined when she plays the top players she's got to start beating them more often.

I think Agnieszka is going to win Wimbledon one day I believe this is possible. I admire Agnieszka Radwańska's game she is very smart. Agnieszka she can drop shot off both sides, she volleys well, moves well.

However, it is time for Agnieszka to make her move and reach a grand slam semifinal or final. Yes, Agnieszka is doing well the girl is in the top 10 of the WTA. However, I keep on wondering what does Agnieszka have to do to win a slam?
Morrissey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 14th, 2010, 01:10 PM   #2
country flag Noctis
Marcela X

Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Agnieszka Radwanska is the only talented player of her generation

I fall off my chair
I think this is more like your admiration for her.
She doesn't have the Strength Stamina the Aggresive weapons.
Her 2nd serve is candy for good returner.Her mentality is not good enough like vs Dinara.She lacks everything the best player of her generation now.Where we can't tell till the future
Noctis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 01:11 PM   #3
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

is that why she was beating safina 5-0 the other day and wound up losing the match in straight sets?
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #4
moby

moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute moby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
However, I keep on wondering what does Agnieszka have to do to win a slam?
Focus on doubles.

Who knows? Maybe she can just wait for anyone who's actually good to retire.
Love long has taken for his amulet/One perfect rose.
Why is it no one ever sent me yet/One perfect limousine, do you suppose?
Ah no, it's always just my luck to get/One perfect rose.
moby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #5
country flag toxina90

toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute toxina90 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah she is smart but can't afford to keep losing leads like against Safina. That could have been a great win for her. She has rather weak shots, and serve, she reminds me of a much weaker/less talented version of Hingis.

You can't say Azarenka just hits the ball hard. I've seen her use touch a number of times and outsmarted her opponents (like say SF RG Safina).

Zakopalova~Dulko~Paszek~Pironkova~Clijsters~Golovi n~K.Bondarenko~Bouchard~Tsurenko

Schiavone~Li~Petkovic~Perebiynis~Mirza~Morigami~Fe dak~Wickmayer~Peer
toxina90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #6
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

hmmm, she's a crafty player with a major lack of any power in her strokes...she would be a much more successful player back in the days when women's tennis wasn't dominated by power hitters...as of today? Naah
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 01:16 PM   #7
country flag Morrissey

Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold Morrissey is a splendid one to behold

Yes Agnieszka blew a lead against Safina but Sydney is a minor event not a major. Wozniacki lost to Na Li this week. I think Agnieszka definitely needs to improve her serve she needs to win some cheap points. I think she should be a bit higher in the top 10 based on her natural talent. She is fun to watch.
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 01:17 PM   #8
country flag DragonFlame
Team WTAworld

DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute DragonFlame has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, to me she's like a patty schnyder. Has variety, thinks on court, beats topplayers once in a while, ranked 8-15 most of the time but lacks the weapons/complete game to break through. I don't think she will get much higher then this. She might after the old guard retires which will leave a hole in woman's tennis.

Elena, thank you for all the joy you gave me, you will always remain in my mind.
Intelligence Officer of the SS Dementieva
DragonFlame is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 01:18 PM   #9
RND

RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute RND has a reputation beyond repute

Does that need saying? Her best friends said so already.

Caro: We played 3 hours because I'm a pusher who puts everyting back on the court, and she's a brainless ballbasher that hits everything as hard as she can.
Vika: Yeah we actually complement each other well.
Caro: So hope you enjoyed the show and of course Aga is far more talented than we are. #1 material.

Ok seriously I love all 3 girls. Each represents a different style of play which is refreshing to see, and all 3 have a lot of personality.

Yung-Jan Chan ∞ Simona Halep Caroline Wozniacki Su-Wei Hsieh
Jelena Jankovic Jie Zheng Tamarine Tanasugarn Alisa Kleybanova Nadia Petrova
RND is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 01:20 PM   #10
country flag Morrissey

Wait a second, you are saying Safina has a great mentality? Safina she has a 0-3 in grand slam finals. Safina is a woman that capitulates when it matters most if anyone is mentally fragile it is Dinara Safina. I think Safina should be worrying because I predict a major shift in the top 10 very soon. I just think it will be harder for Safina to win a slam now that Sharapova is healthy, and the Belgians are back.
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #11
country flag Noctis
Marcela X

Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute Noctis has a reputation beyond repute

Wozniacki Reached a final in a slam Already. Thats not major?
Aga lost to Maria after having leads.
If comparing vs Na Li, She got bagel last year by her and Wasted 6mp in Wimbledon,where she got destroyed by Venus.
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #12
country flag Noctis
Marcela X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
Wait a second, you are saying Safina has a great mentality? Safina she has a 0-3 in grand slam finals. Safina is a woman that capitulates when it matters most if anyone is mentally fragile it is Dinara Safina. I think Safina should be worrying because I predict a major shift in the top 10 very soon. I just think it will be harder for Safina to win a slam now that Sharapova is healthy, and the Belgians are back.
Dinara was on Top of the games in 08 Berlin - Tokyo
she was mentally so strong back than saving Mps downing Top players,All bandwagoners there cheering joining in.
Look what happens Now 'The true face of Tennisforum'
it takes mentality to Get to late stages in Slams.Now she's in. Slump because she isn't high in confidences.In her 3 slam finals she didn't play well.Everyone have issues and setbacks.She'll be back

I like to see Aga acomplish something big Instead of winning Miny Mouses
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 01:32 PM   #13
country flag LCS

LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute

W: (12) Australian Open (11) 50K Monzon, Toronto F: (12) Montreal (09) 25K Redding, Bali YEC (08) Memphis, Stanford, 100K Krakow SF: (13) Toronto (12) Estoril Open (09) Roland Garros, Stanford (08) Auckland, Rome, Eastbourne, New Haven
Doubles W: (11) Hobart (09) 25K Redding (08) Doha, Istanbul (07) Estoril Open F: (12) Pattaya, Roland Garros, Stanford (11) Guangzhou(08) Memphis, Wimbledon, New Haven (07) Bali SF: (11) Trnava (10) Stuttgart (08) Budapest (07)Birmingham, US Open QF: (12) Australian Open (11) Roland Garros
LCS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 01:34 PM   #14
country flag Morrissey

Agnieszka is only twenty years old yet people are writing her off! Why don't people give the girl a bit more time? Azarenka is at the same level as Agnieszka they both are in the top 10 and reached slam quarterfinals. Yes, Azarenka has beaten Serena but Agnieszka she has beaten Sharapova, Kuznetsova and Venus Williams. I don't understand why people are hyping Azarenka yet dismiss Agnieszka? I don't think people are being fair. Azarekna has gotten a lot of hype but she also has choked matches as well. Everyone chokes once in a while that's just pro sports. I think 2010 will be an important year for the younger generation.

The media seem fixated on Caroline Wozniacki because she has cover girl looks. However, I am not impressed with Wozniacki's game she only had to beat Kuznetsova to reach the US OPEN finals. Wozniacki path to the US OPEN was pretty easy besides Kuznetsova and people forget this important fact.
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 01:39 PM   #15
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Ummmm... She's all of two years younger than TOB, among others. For me, that's close enough to consider them part of the same "generation" even by tennis standards.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote