Ashling Sumner - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 25th, 2014, 06:07 AM   #16
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ashling Sumner

Yes things were looking so good for 1992 those 4 QLD girls looked poised to do great things, all had impressive wins/performances. So weird.

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2014, 06:10 AM   #17
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Letcher was going to be quite good. Seemed poised beyond her years when she beat Beltrame at AO qualies. Went quite high in the rankings and then, bang, gone.

Apparently the AIS fucked Wejnert up and she lost interest, Holland lost her way after being double bageled in Sydney, and Sumner disappeared quietly.

Tennis is a weird sport.
TS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2014, 06:15 AM   #18
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Weird indeed. I remember watching that Beltrame match just thinking that Sophie had top 50 written all over her, I guess it just highlights how much dedication and hard work it actually takes, you wouldn't think any of these girls would walk away easily (unless they are rich which is highly probable actually )

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
Old Apr 25th, 2014, 12:11 PM   #19
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Ashling's into the final saving a couple of match points to win her SF!!
but unfortunately lost the doubles final

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2014, 12:15 PM   #20
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

yes, Okuno is the girl coached by RedFoo and wearing his LaFreak brand

Old Apr 25th, 2014, 08:54 PM   #21
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYUMI-GOAT View Post

yes, Okuno is the girl coached by RedFoo and wearing his LaFreak brand
Thank you very much Kev for these pics. They are really great. Sad Ashling lost the doubles final but great effort nevertheless. I had no idea Redfoo was a coach nor that he had a clothing line. Very interesting. Ashling looks great....not as scary thin as she once was.
scottsue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2014, 11:40 PM   #22
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey_pan View Post
Weird indeed. I remember watching that Beltrame match just thinking that Sophie had top 50 written all over her, I guess it just highlights how much dedication and hard work it actually takes, you wouldn't think any of these girls would walk away easily (unless they are rich which is highly probable actually )
Letcher was a great competitor with good concentration. I thought she would've been able to make a life on the tour. Such a pity, after a couple of tournie attempts, she disappeared (though did show up at some AMT's didn't she?)

The QLD girl that had the most potential was Shayna McDowell. She was a lovely striker of the ball. Injuries wore her down and because of it when I saw her play a couple of times she seemed to go through the motions. Pity, because when she was younger she was a feisty competitor out there.
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 08:00 AM   #23
country flag scottsue

scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of scottsue has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle View Post
Letcher was a great competitor with good concentration. I thought she would've been able to make a life on the tour. Such a pity, after a couple of tournie attempts, she disappeared (though did show up at some AMT's didn't she?)

The QLD girl that had the most potential was Shayna McDowell. She was a lovely striker of the ball. Injuries wore her down and because of it when I saw her play a couple of times she seemed to go through the motions. Pity, because when she was younger she was a feisty competitor out there.
Nick Lindahl was a terrible influence I think on Shayna in terms of effort and motivation to comeback sadly. She was feisty and talented I agree. Into beauty and make up when I last heard.
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 08:07 AM   #24
country flag Kəv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsue View Post
Nick Lindahl was a terrible influence I think on Shayna in terms of effort and motivation to comeback sadly. She was feisty and talented I agree. Into beauty and make up when I last heard.
What did Nick do to Shayna? I remember her winning a couple of 10ks in Portugal a couple of years ago

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Old Apr 30th, 2014, 06:24 AM   #25
country flag Kəv.

Ashling is into the QF of Bangkok again defeating seed Rishika Sunkara 61 75

Old Apr 30th, 2014, 06:26 AM   #26
country flag Kəv.

Some pics from the final last week

Old Apr 30th, 2014, 10:53 AM   #27
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsue View Post
Spill the beans Scott
Didn't Nick switch allegiance to Swedan at one stage too. Bit of history, he got banned from the AO one year also. May have coincided with him jumping ship and TA saying 'go ahead'.
Old Apr 30th, 2014, 11:52 AM   #28
country flag scottsue

Nick and Shayna went out for some time. He was very defiant towards TA and administration and on several occasions turned up to official functions drunk. At one quite exclusive dinner he ended up skinny dipping in the hosts pool after climbing up a statue nude! He was ushered off the property by several of our current mens players parents. Shayna was influenced I think by his nasty attitude and lack of drive and determination. I think after her injuries she was left without a fight. She was more into fashion and hair and was enrolled in beauty school I think. Nick was constantly atwar with TA and his language was atrocious. His father is Swedishso it was easy to switch nationalities...it didn't last long. He was also a very poor influence on Marinko but fortunately as Marinko began to rise up the ranks he left Lindahl far behind.
Old Apr 30th, 2014, 11:55 AM   #29
country flag Kəv.

Shayna

Old Apr 30th, 2014, 11:55 AM   #30
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

Wow what a dick. I remember I had a crush on him

Sent from Verticalsports.com App