Chan/Niculescu def. (wc)Dokic/Molik 7-6(4) 6-7(5) 10-2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 12th, 2010, 12:05 PM   #1
country flag tim2502

tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold tim2502 is a splendid one to behold
Chan/Niculescu def. (wc)Dokic/Molik 7-6(4) 6-7(5) 10-2

YJ/Monica had a good beginning *5-0 in first set.
Then Alicia/Jelena played much better to 6-5*.
And YJ/Monica won the first set in tiebreak.

It's a really good match .

YJ is so amazing today.
She hit the ball so hard and powerful return.

Alicia played much better than Jelena.
She is really good at the net.
Venus Williams !Chuang Chia-Jung !Lucie Safarova !Zheng Jie
Agnieszka Radwanska !Ayumi Morita !Tamarine Tanasugarn!Peng Shuai !
-----------------------------------------------------------
forever Lindsay Davenport

Last edited by tim2502 : Jan 12th, 2010 at 12:11 PM.
tim2502 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 12th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #2
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Chan/Niculescu def. (wc)Dokic/Molik 7-6(4) 6-7(5) 10-2

Monica and Yung-Jan make a very good team. I would be very happy to see them play together more.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #3
country flag Huntress55

Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future Huntress55 has a brilliant future

They fought back well, just need to play more together. Didnt expect much from them first match was just excited about seeing them play together
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 12:48 PM   #4
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute

Jelena played very well IMO......Alicia kind of stuffed up the first set tiebreak
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #5
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute

DOLIK will do very well at aus open. You heard it here first.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 01:31 PM   #6
country flag Bahia

Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future

Dokic plays very unconventional style of doubles, but it was surprisingly effective. I only saw the first set so that is all I will comment on.

Chan/Niculescu did well on exploiting the Molik BH return of serve with quick volley putaways, and it didn't help Alicia was missing easy FHs too. Dokic played more from the baseline than the net which cost her the ability to cross and limited them a bit due to Chan/Niculescu being very active up there.

Momentum went the other way with Dokic playing a series of excellent lobs and Molik finally landing some shots in fooling the crosser in the opposite direction. The easiest games to win were Dokic's service games. Her first serve was by far the most effective of the four and set Molik up for some routine volleys. Once Molik gained a semblance of competency off the ground they were well in this and it was quite entertaining.
Bahia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 05:46 PM   #7
country flag WhatTheDeuce

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well.

Kick ass in Melbourne, girls.
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 06:27 PM   #8
country flag powerbackhand

powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of powerbackhand has much to be proud of

i think doubles will really help jelenas game..it will help her get used to getting her serve in more often in a match environment as getting your serves in in practice sessions is much different..it will also give her chance to try out different things and hopefully she will start seeing the ball a little better
powerbackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #9
country flag Dave.
Winner

Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute Dave. has a reputation beyond repute

They showed doubles from Hobart on a live stream/tv?? Wish I'd have seen it, sounds like it was fun. I love that Monica has a selection of partners she can choose from on any given week and get the good wins from. She and Chan defeated Bluber last year too.

Who would have thought less than a year ago when Molik was interviewing Dokic at AO saying "well done sweetie" and giving her a hug (such a cute interview) that they'd be playing doubles together? Good luck to them at AO. I'd be shocked if they don't get on RLA or Hisense in their matches.
Dave. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 07:35 PM   #10
country flag Bahia

Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future Bahia has a brilliant future

Hisense at best. Stubbs, Molik, and Stosur have been in draws before and haven't seen RLA outside of if they were in the final.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 07:40 PM   #11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahia View Post
Hisense at best. Stubbs, Molik, and Stosur have been in draws before and haven't seen RLA outside of if they were in the final.
Playing together?
Never come

Old Jan 12th, 2010, 07:45 PM   #12
country flag Bahia

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheDeuce View Post
Playing together?
Didn't Stubbs/Stosur play together in 2009? I may be wrong.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 07:49 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahia View Post
Didn't Stubbs/Stosur play together in 2009? I may be wrong.
I could just be biased, I don't know how Australians really feel - but I think Dokic/Molik is a higher profile pairing than Stubbs/Stosur.

You could well be right though, I dunno.
Never come

Old Jan 12th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #14
country flag Harvs

Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute Harvs has a reputation beyond repute

they will play better next week...

i dunno whether it was chan or niculescu screaming high pitched cmons after every point but i was ready to fly down and put one of them down... so annoying.
Harvs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 10:05 PM   #15
country flag Daniel K

Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute Daniel K has a reputation beyond repute

Dokic/Molik is a much higher profile team than Stosur/Stubbs in Australia. This match was fun and I think they can do some damage in the Open, they were pretty dangerous once they got going.
Daniel K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote