Julia Moriarty - I wonder which way she'll go... - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 11:29 AM   #16
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future
Re: Julia Moriarty - I wonder which way she'll go...

The oldest player on the Ireland squad, Julia Moriarty, is 21, making it one of the youngest teams to compete in the tournament. Moriarty is a newcomer to the Ireland set-up. She was born in Adelaide, Australia, holds dual-citizenship and is ranked 695th in the world in the WTA rankings. She has been deemed eligible by the ITF to represent Ireland in this competition.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...266875121.html
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 12:11 PM   #17
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

To hell with you, you fugly bitch.
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 12:14 PM   #18
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanyQ View Post
WTF?! She's an idigenous Aussie FFS! How the hell can she justify playing for Ireland?? Her mother must surely be Irish born? I love the way she was spunging 25k wc's up till recently.
This reminds me of Abby someone. Another useless mole who ceased playing for AUS & played a couple of tournaments as a Kiwi, before quitting. This Moriarty chick won't last long without her obvious Australian sponsorships. Ah well, not much of a loss.
LOL

I believe that was Abby Hedges yeah?
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 12:17 PM   #19
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Who knows. She may get a start in London 2012 now. That was probably a massive dangling carrot for her.
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 08:22 AM   #20
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
LOL

I believe that was Abby Hedges yeah?
That's the one Lost a handful of 1st rounds after switching to NZL, then vanished where she belonged!
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 08:25 AM   #21
country flag SeanyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS View Post
Who knows. She may get a start in London 2012 now. That was probably a massive dangling carrot for her.
That'd make a pretty huge mockery of things...seeing Moriarty in the Olympics! Then again, isn't she due to enter the top 200 within about 3 months now??
Nice to see nothing unusual about her results this week. Lost 1st round in both singles & doubles. In singles, she lost to Martina Caciotti, one of the worst players with a ranking. Great effort Julia!! Bet the Irish are stoked to have her on their team.
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 08:55 AM   #22
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanyQ View Post
WTF?! She's an idigenous Aussie FFS! How the hell can she justify playing for Ireland?? Her mother must surely be Irish born? I love the way she was spunging 25k wc's up till recently.
This reminds me of Abby someone. Another useless mole who ceased playing for AUS & played a couple of tournaments as a Kiwi, before quitting. This Moriarty chick won't last long without her obvious Australian sponsorships. Ah well, not much of a loss.
Too funny Sean.

I didnt mind Abby Hedges... she used to spring up in the strangest places...... 10K's in iceland or something

The list is growing - Konta, Hedges, Moriarty, those two Macedonian chicks that got suspended for playing Fed Cup one year, mid-30's Kristin Godridge playing one year for Hong Kong....our talent is being purged!!!
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 03:00 PM   #23
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

^ Robson, too.

But we have Molik, Stosur, Rogowska and Wejnert from Poland, Dokic, Tomic from Croatia, Dellaqua, Guccione from Italy. It's like the only real Aussie is Carsten Ball.
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #24
country flag Vicky88

Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of Vicky88 has much to be proud of

Don't think we need to waste any tears on this loss. Wonder if she received government funding due to her indigenous status. A less likely athlete you would be unable to find.

BTW Golvin, you talk about all the players we have gained - how many of these were actually born overseas? Isn't Ball's mother American.
Vicky88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 08:36 AM   #25
Golovinjured.

I was being sarcastic.
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 10:50 AM   #26
country flag jack21

jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold jack21 is a splendid one to behold

No offense to Julia but if Ireland were going to poach a player they should have taken a leaf out of Kazakhstan's book and grabbed a half decent young player from Eastern Europe. Also shouldn't this thread be moved to the Irish section (If such a thing exists).

Jarmila Gajdosova, Ash Barty, Olivia Rogowska, Abbie Myers

Lucie Safarova, Daniela Hantuchova, Kristina Mladenovic, Sabine Lisicki
jack21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 09:06 AM   #27
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

I was reading this random article, and it was so hilarious..I need to bump this thread.

Quote:
Cynics on some Australian tennis forums accused the young player of moving to the Irish set-up to increase her prospects for the London Olympics in 2012. But Moriarty says this was not a factor in her decision, though she says she would like to compete at the Games. She needs to climb higher up the world rankings to be considered.
TS, that's you

Quote:
Since then, she has been impressed with how Ireland is approaching its tennis coaching.

“It’s the whole mentality of being … Australia considers me old and past it already but that’s not how it is in Ireland,” she explains.
You're not old, you're terrible. I think the reason it isn't like that in Irish women's tennis, is because there is about one other player.

Quote:
“I’m more on the positive side of things,” she says. “I’d like one day to be an ambassador for indigenous people.”
Yes...By using all your fame and success in tennis...not to mention, nothing says indigenous role-model like an Irish tennis player.

Quote:
“Like any person excelling at a young age, you have to be well beyond your years. They have to keep grounded. The younger you are, the tougher it is,” she says, matter-of-factly.
I don't think I even have to say how delluded this is, oh wait, I just did.

Source: http://www.irishecho.com.au/tag/julia-moriarty
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 09:24 AM   #28
country flag petey_pan
Aussie Cockatoo

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani12 View Post
I was reading this random article, and it was so hilarious..I need to bump this thread.

TS, that's you

You're not old, you're terrible. I think the reason it isn't like that in Irish women's tennis, is because there is about one other player.

Yes...By using all your fame and success in tennis...not to mention, nothing says indigenous role-model like an Irish tennis player.

I don't think I even have to say how delluded this is, oh wait, I just did.

Source: http://www.irishecho.com.au/tag/julia-moriarty

Maria SHARAPOVA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Anastasia PAVLYUCHENKOVA Heather WATSON
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR
petey_pan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 12:39 PM   #29
country flag TS

Haha thanks for that Dani!

It's amazing how far reaching TennisForum goes
Old Aug 30th, 2011, 12:41 PM   #30
country flag TS

Gosh I just re-read my Olympics post. Hardly accusatory *or* cynical