Julia Moriarty - I wonder which way she'll go... - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 11th, 2010, 09:33 PM   #1
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute
Julia Moriarty - I wonder which way she'll go...

A bit random... I thought I'd try n start a Julia Moriarty thread - you don't hear much about her and who knows which way her career will go...

I just noticed that she is down to play futures in the UK in the next few weeks.

She had a few top 500 wins last year as well as some pretty bad losses. However with no points to defend over the next three months she could continue rising up the rankings slowly but surely.

Did you know her dad played Soccer for Australia?

An article from the NT News and a Press Release from the NT Govt...
Advertisement

Old Jan 12th, 2010, 02:27 AM   #2
country flag Territory

Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute Territory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia Moriarty - I wonder which way she'll go...

bleah... so much for the Julia thread:

Glasgow Q1: Sabrina BAMBURAC (GBR) d. (2)Julia MORIARTY (AUS) - 67(6) 63 63
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 02:40 AM   #3
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

She should take up soccer, she's wasting her time with tennis
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2010, 03:45 AM   #4
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

They had a story on Julia on JJJ TV a couple of months back.
Interviewed she & her Dad. Told her Dad's story about being part of the stolen generation & managed to play for AUS in soccer.
They showed her practising a lot, she hits for 4 hours a day.
Pretty good interview with her.
They said she was the 1st Aboriginal player to gain a WTA ranking since Evonne G-C.
The only part of the story I really had to cringe at was when her coach (a former top AUS ATP player in his day, can't remember his name) said that Julia had the game to "become a top 200 player within 6 months!"
SeanyQ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2010, 03:56 AM   #5
country flag SeanyQ

SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future SeanyQ has a brilliant future

Julia follows dad's lead

ANDREW ALOIA

September 19th, 2009

BLOSSOMING Australian tennis starlet Julia Moriarty has returned to her spiritual home of the Top End in search of valuable world tennis ranking points.

Moriarty, 20, is daughter of famous Borroloola soccer player John who became the first indigenous player to represent Australia in the sport.

Like her father before her, Julia is also breaking the mould as the first indigenous Australian tennis player since the great Evonne Goolagong Cawley to have a WTA ranking.

Fittingly Moriarty is clawing her way up the standing with the help of coach Kim Warwick, who partnered Goolagong to win the mixed-doubles French Open in 1972.

Coming into the second pro international to be held at the Gardens Tennis Complex in as many weeks, Moriarty sits at 758 in the world and 26 in Australia.

Her campaign starts in earnest, hitting the court tomorrow as she tries to qualify for the main draw starting Monday.

Getting a glimpse of former world No.8 Alicia Molik ease past Indonesia's Ayu-Fani Damauanti in straight sets, 6-2 6-2, on centre court yesterday was just a sneak peak of what the right-hander hopes to encounter this week.

"It's a pretty tough competition so I know I'll have to play my best just to get into the main draw,'' Moriarty said.

But there is no place in Australia she would back herself more than Gardens where she has both enjoyed junior success and feels right at home.

"I jumped at the chance to start the Australia season in Darwin, at a place where I feel so comfortable,'' she said.

"Even though I wasn't born here I feel like it's a part of who I am and definitely connect strongly to my background and relatives here.''

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/200...1_ntsport.html

Old Jan 31st, 2010, 09:17 AM   #6
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

Go Julz
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 09:25 AM   #7
country flag Привет

Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute Привет has a reputation beyond repute

She definitely looks younger than 20.
Привет is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 10:12 AM   #8
country flag kittyking

kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute kittyking has a reputation beyond repute

Errrr.... Errrrrrr.... Top 200.... Really???
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 05:09 PM   #9
country flag Mana

Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute Mana has a reputation beyond repute

I saw Julia play in NZ last year, she reminded me so much of Shona Lee. Has a good game, but just cant seem to put it together. Plays a great point, then make 3 UE's in a row.

I really hope she can make a go of it tho, she seems to be a nice girl and really wants it bad.

Good luck in the future
Old Feb 2nd, 2010, 02:24 AM   #10
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of Daniel. has much to be proud of

$25k Sutton UK

Qualies Round One: Liana-Gabriela Ungur ROU [3] d. Julia Moriarty AUS 6/1 6/0
Old Feb 2nd, 2010, 03:02 AM   #11
Golovinjured.

Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute Golovinjured. has a reputation beyond repute

why go to briton when there's weak 25ks in aus?
Golovinjured. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2010, 08:35 PM   #12
country flag Territory

The ITF website has Julia down to play the $10K in the United Arab Emirates this week. But is says she's playing for Ireland!!!?!1!

Old Mar 21st, 2010, 11:46 PM   #13
country flag SM

SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute SM has a reputation beyond repute

RAD LIVES in UAE maybe he can go cheer for our Julz now
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 09:53 AM   #14
country flag Territory

Well it's official. Julia Moriarty is playing for Ireland and will be playing Fed Cup for them this year!

I was right to ask the question "I wonder which way she'll go" but I never expected this! Haha...
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 11:25 AM   #15
country flag SeanyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Territory View Post
Well it's official. Julia Moriarty is playing for Ireland and will be playing Fed Cup for them this year!

I was right to ask the question "I wonder which way she'll go" but I never expected this! Haha...
WTF?! She's an idigenous Aussie FFS! How the hell can she justify playing for Ireland?? Her mother must surely be Irish born? I love the way she was spunging 25k wc's up till recently.
This reminds me of Abby someone. Another useless mole who ceased playing for AUS & played a couple of tournaments as a Kiwi, before quitting. This Moriarty chick won't last long without her obvious Australian sponsorships. Ah well, not much of a loss.