S2: Week 0: Hopman Cup, Perth (Exhibition) - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 31st, 2010, 05:48 PM   #196
country flag Broseghini

Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S2: Week 0: Hopman Cup, Perth (Exhibition) | Day 06 posted!

Hopman Cup Final
ROUND ROBIN

Burswood Dome

Croatia vs Great Britain
0-1

Rubber #2

vs

Mario Ancic vs Andy Murray
7-5
4-6

Final Set

0-0

1-0

1-1

2-1*

2-2

3-2

3-3

4-3

4-4

5-4

6-4

Game Set and Match

Mario Ancic

Mario Ancic def. Andy Murray
7-5 4-6 6-4

Great match ! It's all tied now!

Broseghini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2010, 05:49 PM   #197
country flag Broseghini

Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute Broseghini has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S2: Week 0: Hopman Cup, Perth (Exhibition) | Final in progress...

Hopman Cup Final
ROUND ROBIN

Burswood Dome

Croatia vs Great Britain
1-1

Rubber #3

vs

Karolina Sprem/Mario Ancic vs Laura Robson/Andy Murray

First Set

0-0

1-0

1-1

1-2

2-2

2-3

2-4*

3-4*

3-5

4-5

5-5

6-5

7-5

First Set

Karolina Sprem/Mario Ancic

Old Jan 31st, 2010, 05:50 PM   #198
country flag Broseghini

Hopman Cup Final
ROUND ROBIN

Burswood Dome

Croatia vs Great Britain
1-1

Rubber #3

vs

7-5

Second Set

0-0

1-0

1-1

1-2

1-3

1-4*

2-4

2-5

2-6

Second Set

Laura Robson/Andy Murray

Old Jan 31st, 2010, 05:53 PM   #199
country flag Broseghini

Hopman Cup Final

Burswood Dome

Croatia vs Great Britain
1-1

Rubber #3

vs

7-5
2-6

Final Set

0-0

1-0*

2-0

2-1

2-2

3-2

4-2

4-3

4-4

4-5

5-5

5-6

6-6

Tie Break

0-0

1-0

1-1

1-2

1-3

2-3

3-3

4-3

5-3

5-4

6-4

6-5

7-5

Game Set Match and Championship

Karolina Sprem/Mario Ancic

Karolina Sprem/Mario Ancic def. Laura Robson/Andy Murray
7-5 2-6* 7-6(5)

Congrats for Champions of Hopman Cup

Karolina Sprem and Mario Ancic from Croatia

Croatia def. Great Britain
2-1

Congrats for Croatia for the excellent week and the title. The team was fantastic all week, losing only one match. CT tried to interfere but could not: D. Congrats too for GBR, playing well and losing the title only in the tie break of last match.

Old Jan 31st, 2010, 06:50 PM   #200
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: S2: Week 0: Hopman Cup, Perth (Exhibition) | Final posted!

klina and mario
laura and andy
i will try to write an article later
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 07:51 PM   #201
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Croatia
Good match.

Laura
Andy

Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2010, 08:19 PM   #202
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Robson and Murray Just Fall Short

Great Britain's Laura Robson and Andy Murray playing mixed doubles in the final

Perth, AUSTRALIA--Britain has a lot to look forward to in the new NTT season. Andy Murray, the reigning Wimbledon champion and his up and coming British partner Laura Robson went into the Hopman Cup with little expectations. This was Laura's first event in the NTT circuit, and it looked as if Murray would be the one carrying the team. Instead, Robson and Murray stormed into the final before they finally lost to a red-hot Croatia team.

"Playing this year in the Hopman Cup, it was the first time Britain has been in the competition for such a long time, and I feel as though we did the country proud. This is such an important year for me to play well, trying to back up the Wimbledon title as the defending champion, and this was a great start," Murray said after the match.

Beginning the tournament, Laura Robson looked outmatched by the United States' Serena Williams and France's Alize Cornet. Both ladies played so tremendously well and look to be threats in the beginning of the season. Laura's forehand and serve were good, but were no match for the tremendous athleticism and power of Williams nor the quickness and agility of Cornet.

"Playing Serena and Alize gave me a bit of a wake up call to see how I should play the remainder of the season. I'm jumping up from the juniors and playing women's events for the first time, so it's a nice place to start. There's no consequences losing here, and I felt as though I've played well the whole event. The next two matches gave me my turn around," Laura said in her post match interview with the British press.

And turn around she did, as she then beat Yaroslava Shvedova of Kazakhstan and Karolina Sprem of Croatia in straight sets, wiping them off of the court. Her smooth all-court game was clicking and she set up Great Britain for a potential women's Grand Slam champion.

Andy Murray's tournament went very well, as he went undefeated against Andy Roddick, Gilles Simon, and Lleyton Hewitt during the group play. He went three sets with Roddick winning 5-7, 6-1, 6-1, and then destroyed Simon and Hewitt in two sets, defeating Hewitt 6-1, 6-0. Murray looked in ominous form, as if he was going to be able to defend his Wimbledon title in 6 months time.

The Croatia-Great Britain final was going to be a cracker, seeing as though all four competitors were in form heading into the match, and the mixed doubles pairings just could not be beat at all on either team. Laura and Karolina opened the affair with and Murray seemingly relaxed. Ancic was down 2-5 in the first set and came back to win it 7-5, Murray would take the second set 6-4, and Murray just couldn't break the awesome serve of the Croatian.

Murray reacts after losing match point against Mario Ancic of Croatia

In the mixed doubles, Murray and Robson again built a huge lead and against the Croatians, and again Ancic staged a comeback and he and Sprem took the opening set 7-5. The second set was dominated and closed out by Britain 6-2, but again the Brits squandered a lead in a set at 6-5 in the final set and Croatia won the tie 7-5, 2-6, 7-6(5) and 2 matches to 1.

"I think the biggest thing that we learned is that we have to close out these matches. There were so many chances for us to get ahead and take the match," Robson said standing next to Murray. "The crowd was very supportive, and it helped that I was born in Melbourne. Hopefully, the rest of this Australian series will be good for me. Looking back at the experience, it can only help as I prepare my strategy for the rest of the season."
Seles (9), Clijsters (4), Davenport (3), Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote