2012 Summer Olympics - London Calling! - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #1
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold
2012 Summer Olympics - London Calling!

Old Jul 6th, 2012, 01:59 PM   #2

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold
Re: 2012 Summer Olympics - London Calling!

A bit early, but she won't be playing a tournament before it. Plus, I'm really really excited. Auf geht's, Bine! Olympic Glory awaits?
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #3
country flag Lisickifan84

Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all Lisickifan84 is a name known to all

Yeah Sabine, go for Gold

If she reaches the final, Wimbledon Points 2011 are all defended + a few more.

It's not easy but we will see
Lisickifan84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 08:41 PM   #4
country flag swfc-dan

swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice

Yep we're all gonna be behind her.

Auf gehts Bine, you can do it! 2 big tournaments on grass in a year, couldn't be better for Sabine . Hope I can watch some of her matches on tv
swfc-dan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 09:11 PM   #5
country flag shrOOf
YOO-li-ah shroof

shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute shrOOf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by everythingtaboo View Post
A bit early, but she won't be playing a tournament before it. Plus, I'm really really excited. Auf geht's, Bine! Olympic Glory awaits?
Won't she play in Carlsbad?
shrOOf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #6
country flag Geekking

Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of Geekking has much to be proud of

http://www.mercuryinsuranceopen.com/...r-Landing.aspx
Geekking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 01:45 AM   #7
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all JohnMcP is a name known to all

I hope she is healthy enough because she could definitely use some matchplay before the Olympics. Whenever she enters a tournament without any matches, the first round is like rolling the dice. She needs to build on the momentum she started at Wimbledon and go in with confidence.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 09:08 AM   #8
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Auf geht's, Bine! Olympic Glory awaits?
I like! But exchange the "?" for a "!"
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 07:49 PM   #9
country flag swfc-dan

swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice swfc-dan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcP View Post
I hope she is healthy enough because she could definitely use some matchplay before the Olympics. Whenever she enters a tournament without any matches, the first round is like rolling the dice. She needs to build on the momentum she started at Wimbledon and go in with confidence.
Yes the Olympics is another important tournament and one which im sure she can definately do well, with it on her favourite surface grass again. Hopefully she can be fit to play the warmup and go in on good form.
swfc-dan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekking View Post
Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda ridiculous to travel all the way to California to play a hardcourt tournament and then fly all the way back to London to compete in the Olympics on grass? I know matches could benefit her, but in theory it doesn't seem very smart. I noticed that most the top 20 are skipping or pulled out of Stanford/San Diego already. Sabine should be following that lead.
Old Jul 8th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #11
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Am I the only one who thinks it's kinda ridiculous to travel all the way to California to play a hardcourt tournament and then fly all the way back to London to compete in the Olympics on grass?
Depends on where she's going to prepare the Olympics.

If she does in Florida (where she prepared wimbledon with success) > it might be ok
If she does in germany/europe > it's quite ridiculous!

Let's wait and see if she emerges her Olympic prep. intentions

As a side note: There's no need (for her) to prepare on grass for grass (there's a grass court at bolletieri's) but the time lag is a point!

Last edited by maturedgirl : Jul 8th, 2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #12
country flag misty1

misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of misty1 has much to be proud of

ideally she'd play another grass court event before the olympics . Unfortunately that's not an option
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #13
country flag maturedgirl

Is there any grass court event a.t.m.? Never heard about that?
I think most of the girls have a little rest at home after wimbledon and some play on clay to prepare wimbledon, others prepare the hart court season and theres some grass everywhere to play on
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #14
country flag Jimmie48
Live at the Rainbow!

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe on ITF level but not on the tour, no.

My Tennis Photo Database
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #15

Here is what the German Olympic team will be wearing during the Opening Ceremony. I'm not too sure I like it. It looks a bit cheap.

http://www.shrewdtennis.com/wp-conte...s.-Germany.jpg

If you're interested, here is the full article with other countries uniforms:
http://www.shrewdtennis.com/tennis-o...mony-uniforms/