Big West - 2010 News - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 9th, 2010, 04:45 AM   #31
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Nationally ranked players

Hey Form hypothetical question for you.

If a nationally ranked player gets kicked off a team for whatever reason what happens to their ranking? Does it stay or is it removed from the polls?
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 9th, 2010, 03:20 PM   #32
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Big West - 2010 News

What's the minimum number of matches? Then I'll give you a hint.
Old Mar 9th, 2010, 03:46 PM   #33
country flag gouci

You'll have to research & provide the answer for me before I give you a hint.
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 11:15 AM   #34
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
Fresno... it's 10 matches btw
Maybe I have the wrong idea here, but shouldn't you be looking for a currently ranked player with a counting loss to UCI team member?

Last edited by Embittered : Mar 10th, 2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: obfuscation
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #35
country flag gouci

Quote:
Big hint: Her name contains the letter "Z".
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #36
country flag gouci

Quote:
How the mighty have fallen!
Will Fresno St. get to 5 wins this season?

I suspect if the Fresno St. coach is asked why they were ranked #16 in the preseason but currently have zero wins he will try to imply it's because #12 Anastasia Petukhova couldn't play in all the matches.

But actually Fresno St. is being hurt by the coach's recruiting mistakes in departed Vanessa Heroux and Abigail Olivier who should have secured the bottom of the line-up this season.
That's why I like no more allowing mid-season transfers as an instant fix for the big budget teams.

Speaking of more of the coach's recruiting mistakes...
My psychic powers tell me Fresno St. will fire 2 if not more of the 5 freshman from this season's team.

Hint: 1 of the freshman has the letter "y" in her name and the other has the letter "g".
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 07:12 AM   #37
country flag gouci

Quote:
He has not made that many recruiting mistakes. He got lucky.
gouci - So I guess you're saying he got lucky with Melanie Gloria like Long Beach St. got lucky with Hannah Grady.

form - LBS has won 6 straight Big West Tournament titles in a row. That's 2 straight even before Grady arrived.

gouci - The guy has been head coach there for 6 years. Fresno St. has won 6 straight WAC Tournament titles in a row. That's 2 straight even before Gloria arrived, including making the NCAA Sweet 16 in 2004.

form - Oops!
Old Mar 12th, 2010, 06:18 AM   #38
country flag gouci

Quote:

Last edited by James : Today at 08:54 AM.
Form got edited again! .

Form if they keep track here of how many times you've been edited for being abusive your tally is piling up.

Please exercise more restraint because I don't want to see you get banned.
Old Mar 12th, 2010, 04:27 PM   #39
country flag gouci

Rumors and innuendo that's the nature of a message board.

If you see something erroneous feel free to point it out.
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 06:28 PM   #40
country flag gouci

UC Davis cutting sports

Hey Form have you heard which sports UC Davis is cutting?

My guess would be w. field hockey, w. lacrosse, w. rowing, w. gymnastics and m. wrestling.
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 08:57 PM   #41
country flag gouci

Representatives from the Big West ranked on 3/16/10.

Singles

77. Stephanie Hammel - UC Irvine

87. Suzie Matzenauer - Cal Poly

91. Jenifer Widjaja - Pacific

- Hammel takes the lead in the race for the Big West NCAA singles bid.
Losses to Anais Dallara, Brooke Doane and Tiffany Mai were just bumps in the road that couldn't stop Hammel's ranking from improving.
Old Mar 22nd, 2010, 05:49 AM   #42
country flag gouci

Hey Form have you heard if either men's or women's tennis is on the chopping block at UC Davis?

Maybe UC Riverside can pickup a player or 2 from Cal Poly Pomona with their program being cut.
Pomona isn't that far from Riverside and CPP #1 singles Christie Lau is only a freshman while #2 singles Jackie Trendt is only a sophomore.
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 03:24 PM   #43
country flag 10sFan

10sFan is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps this has already been posted, and if so, I apologize http://theaggie.org/article/2010/03/...to-nine-sports

Reading between the lines, Davis has been able to fund so many sports by subsidizing their coaching salaries with general funds in return for teaching PE classes, and a lot of those funds are going to dry up. Since it appears that they are pretty committed to keeping football, I would think that it is unlikely that they would be able to let go of many women's teams because of the Title IX. I would guess that women's tennis is as safe as any sport outside of the ones cited as priorities in the article.
10sFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2010, 06:11 PM   #44
country flag 10sFan

10sFan is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems that mathematically, the tuition increases will result in a decrease in the number of scholarship equivalents at all the public schools, even if the absolute dollars stays the same. In my recent alumni newsletter from Cal, the projected total cost for in-state tuition, including books and incidentals (which I believe is the same figure used to establish a full time scholarship equivalent) is somewhere north of $28,000 for 2010-11, compared to a bit over $23,000 for 2009-10. This works out to a loss of about 1.5 fse's if the absolute dollars remains the same out of 8 scholarships. With any reduction in dollars, we could see a lot of schools experience a drop of 2 scholarships. Tough times with no easy choices or solutions.
10sFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2010, 12:35 AM   #45
country flag gouci

Representatives from the Big West ranked on 3/30/10.

Singles

83. Stephanie Hammel - UC Irvine

85. Suzie Matzenauer - Cal Poly

86. Brittany Blalock - Cal Poly

91. Jenifer Widjaja - Pacific

125. Jaklin Alawi - Long Beach St.

Doubles

26. Suzie Matzenauer / Brittany Blalock - Cal Poly