The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2014!!! - Page 32 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 26th, 2010, 02:48 AM   #466
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Queen's Palace: Queen Bethanie in 2010

FYI

Beth became the first American ( since MJ & LD ) to win consecutive live matches -- fourth singles and then doubles -- to close out a Fed Cup match since the best-of-five format was adopted in 1995.

Captain Mary Joe Fernandez (1996) and Lindsay Davenport (1995) are the only Americans to win two last-day live matches.

CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 26th, 2010, 03:10 AM   #467
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Beth
She might win the Heart Award . It's probably between her, Pennetta, and Dementieva for the World Group

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 03:10 AM   #468
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh but if all World Groups are involved then Hantuchova will probably get it since she won three rubbers...

Old Apr 26th, 2010, 05:02 AM   #469
country flag alwayshingis

alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute

Great day for the queen!

Rest then Rome...bring it on!
alwayshingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2010, 05:07 AM   #470
country flag young_gunner913
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellas719 View Post
Beth
She might win the Heart Award . It's probably between her, Pennetta, and Dementieva for the World Group
Queen Bethanie FTW

Quote:
Oh but if all World Groups are involved then Hantuchova will probably get it since she won three rubbers...
Serbia vs Slovakia didnt have the same importance USA vs Russia had. Therefore... QB FTW!!
Old Apr 27th, 2010, 03:47 AM   #471
country flag hellas719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uranium View Post
Sunday, April 25 - Bethanie Mattek-Sands

The crowd was amazing out there today in Birmingham. It was probably one of the best highlights of my tennis career up until this point. I am normally not super vocal during matches. I say ‘Come On!’ sometimes but I said it a lot today during my match against Ekaterina Makarova. I was pretty vocal and I was super pumped. It is just different having a whole crowd for you. A few points in there I was trying to take my time and let them do their cheers. It was surreal. I was just getting pumped up from the crowd.

I came back to win the first set and after losing the second set, I regrouped. I was up every game I think in that second set and I just could not get it so I said ‘I am fighting for each point.’ And that is how I won it!

My all-court game is big. This is the best I have moved in the last five years or probably since I was like 14! I have had just so many injuries the last few years with knees, ankles and my hip. It is great to actually move and know I am capable of getting to certain balls and playing defense. It makes it easier for me because then I do not feel so much pressure to have to go for my shots. I can stay patient in a match while before I had to decide, I can’t run much longer so I have to go for a winner. But I still want to stay aggressive - that is my game style. I like to come to net, mix in some serve-and-volleys, come in to net after returns because not a lot of girls play like that so it is really mixing them up.

Then I had only 30 minutes between singles and doubles matches. And it was the shortest 30 minutes ever – I want to go back and see if that was really the time! First, I was icing down my legs. I was trying to hydrate, trying to eat. I am never hungry right after matches but I was trying to eat half a banana. Then they are icing me down, I have two people taking the tape off my toes, I get in a hot-cold shower to rinse off and then I come back out and get back on the table and have three people taping my toes again. I warmed up my legs and pretty much it was time to go back out again. I still had to put my socks on; I could not tie my shoes. There is no way that was 30 minutes; it was more like seven and a half!

Then Liezel and I beat Dementieva and Kudryavtseva in straight sets to clinch the tie, unlike last year in the Czech Republic where we had a come-from-behind three set win. I am always for comebacks, I have done it my whole career and it is just never giving up. But it was definitely nice to win it in two sets today. I do not know if I could have made another third set! I was there regardless but it was nice to win it in two. Alla is a good doubles player, I have played against her with other people and Dementieva played with Flavia Pennetta back in the day. You can never count out a good singles player even if they have not played doubles in awhile. It was nice that we were able to close it out!

On that last point, I finally got my inside-in forehand that I like and I said am going for it. And to end the match on a winner was the best climax!

Old Apr 27th, 2010, 10:06 AM   #472
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Love love love this woman! Time to rework your singles ranking, girl!
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 03:30 AM   #473
country flag hellas719

^She should play some challengers

Old Apr 28th, 2010, 03:45 AM   #474
Praise thy name.

young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute young_gunner913 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
^She should play some challengers
probably but the fact that she wants to play singles and doubles is the reason she most likely wont. she'll make the MD of doubles no matter what WTA tournament, so i think shes contempt with playing a few rounds of qualies as well.
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 04:07 AM   #475
country flag hellas719

Yes but just one or two good challengers should get her into the MD of slams in singles

Old Apr 28th, 2010, 04:15 AM   #476
Praise thy name.

i dont think she's willing to put her doubles career on hold. she'll get back up there eventually. i hope by wimby, she'll be a direct MD entry.
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 04:41 AM   #477
country flag ArturoAce.
Chip 'n Charge

ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute ArturoAce. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_gunner913 View Post
i dont think she's willing to put her doubles career on hold. she'll get back up there eventually. i hope by wimby, she'll be a direct MD entry.
zi is looking for opportunities to play itf's too; she's down to 400 something . so maybe they can play singles in some 100K in Europe and play doubles together. not as much points, but it's still something.
ArturoAce. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 05:10 AM   #478

alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute alwayshingis has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think she needs to play ITFs. Her singles ranking is rising and will get back into the 100s soon enough. Maybe not in time for Wimbledon (isn't the MD cutoff pretty soon?) but she has so little to defend for much of the rest of the year. She's already in the 80s in the race, and I think her results will only improve as the year goes on.
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 07:01 AM   #479
Praise thy name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoAce. View Post
zi is looking for opportunities to play itf's too; she's down to 400 something . so maybe they can play singles in some 100K in Europe and play doubles together. not as much points, but it's still something.
Then its time to dump Zi. I'm kidding. But I think just sticking to qualies would be best. I mean if she qualifies at an event like Rome or Madrid and wins a round or 2 it would be like QF/SF points of an ITF. Go for the big points I say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayshingis View Post
I don't think she needs to play ITFs. Her singles ranking is rising and will get back into the 100s soon enough. Maybe not in time for Wimbledon (isn't the MD cutoff pretty soon?) but she has so little to defend for much of the rest of the year. She's already in the 80s in the race, and I think her results will only improve as the year goes on.
I'm pretty sure the Wimbledon cut off point is after the FO. But even so, Wimby qualies would be a breeze for her since she's a decent grass court player. One or 2 results in a big tournament and we'll see leaps and bounds for her. I predict top 100 by USO series.
Old Apr 28th, 2010, 08:09 PM   #480

^the Main Draw cutoff for majors is 6 weeks before the event. So the rankings of May 10th will be used.